Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord Mayor of Dublin harassed at her home by protesters

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

gmisk wrote: »
    He was mayor of....Portlaoise? It was also a long time back no? It wouldn't quite have the same profile and cache...

The first non-Irish, non-Caucasian mayor in Ireland. It was only 2007, not decades ago. I’d expect him to have a higher profile than someone born and raised here. Although from a quick google he didn’t see racism everywhere and in everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The first non-Irish, non-Caucasian mayor in Ireland. It was only 2007, not decades ago. I’d expect him to have a higher profile than someone born and raised here. Although from a quick google he didn’t see racism everywhere and in everything.
    Mayor of Portlaoise would have pretty much no profile versus the Mayor of Dublin though is my point

• Registered Users Posts: 15,121 ✭✭✭✭elperello

There was an Indian TD in the Dail in the 80's.

The Taoiseach was gay and of mixed race.

The holding of a largely ceremonial role on a local council would not normally be noteworthy enough for the holder to do 3 interviews per week with the national media. Also it is because of the party she is in- the media wouldn't give Chu the time of day if she was FF or FG.

Dr Bhamjee, a nice man. I remember he was quite celebrated at the time.

Of course Leo was as you say, what's your point?

Dublin is the capitol city. If you think "the media" are giving her too much attention that's a valid point of view, maybe take it up with them.

As to whether the party makes the difference, that's just your opinion, I'm not so sure.
    How come Rotimi Adebari didn’t have such a high profile?? Considering he was the first ever non-Caucasian mayor in Ireland??

I don't know, he was quite high profile for a while but I suppose because Portlaoise is not the capitol it was not quite such a big story. It's a common complaint down the country that our media is too Dublin centric.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,343 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The Seanad does seem to be the place for our most unlikeable and useless politicians to fall back on.

A care in the community home for the unelectable.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

There was an Indian TD in the Dail in the 80's.

The Taoiseach was gay and of mixed race.

The holding of a largely ceremonial role on a local council would not normally be noteworthy enough for the holder to do 3 interviews per week with the national media. Also it is because of the party she is in- the media wouldn't give Chu the time of day if she was FF or FG.
    The taoiseach only came out in 2015 when he was well established, I also wouldn't exactly put him on any pedestal when it comes to championing gay rights etc, quite the opposite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,343 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

elperello wrote: »
    Dr Bhamjee, a nice man. I remember he was quite celebrated at the time.

Yes he was a nice sort, unlike Ms Chu who seems to be increasingly pushed on us by the media machine.

Yes he was a nice sort, unlike Ms Chu who seems to be increasingly pushed on us by the media machine.

A very sincere man and well liked by his patients.

It's ok to not like Hazel Chu but it's not the fault of the media that she was elected Lord Mayor of Dublin.

Take-away to Mansion House, opinionated and vocal, what do you expect a newshound to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I see this race baiting lady is mouthing off again today.

Lord Mayor of Dublin criticises people who say 'All Lives Matter'
    Hazel Chu, who was born in Dublin to Chinese parents, said: “The fact that people have come out and said ‘All Lives Matter’ - they don’t understand.

“Until we have proper representation and provide equal and fair status for black people then it doesn’t matter about anyone else.”

Does she realise she is in Western Europe?

Does she really believe this tripe or is this pre-emptive electioneering as she plans her next career move when her term ends in June 2021?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

Does she really believe this tripe or is this pre-emptive electioneering as she plans her next career move when her term ends in June 2021?

She seems to be ramping up her efforts, sounds very divisive to me, thats her thing it seems, annoying to read what she comes out with. I'd be astonished if she represented the views of enough people to get elected. I'm starting to get concerned she will get a shoehorned into a cushy job in the Seanad.
    I'd like to see her working in the background she qualified in, it is one thing to train in something, another to work in it, wiki says she didnt go back to practice law because she had to repay her debts, I'd have thought law is very lucrative in terms of payment, compared to what you might be paid for in the not for profit sector, although the not for profit?? (charity is that?) sector seems rewarding enough for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If it doesn't work out for her she will most likely start up her own NGO or be a member.....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

If it doesn't work out for her she will most likely start up her own NGO or be a member.....

And cost the taxpayer millions a year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

She really can't help herself.

Our Lord Mayor folks.

I’d like to formally nominate that Ebum lady to be our next Lord Mayor.

Can’t be any worse than the incumbent.

I’d like to formally nominate that Ebum lady to be our next Lord Mayor.

Can’t be any worse than the incumbent.

Well they're both very similar in the fact they have their Twitter accounts blocked so only what they want can be posted by who they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Well they're both very similar in the fact they have their Twitter accounts blocked so only what they want can be posted by who they want.

I just checked and both of their accounts are public.

The Ebum lady being forced to live around the corner from the Shelbourne Hotel and it’s statues would be poetic justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭conorhal

He started keeping a low profile after his first act as mayor was to fly home to Nigera, where his whole village turned out to throw him a party to celebrate his achievement. This caused people to ask the awkward question:
    'Why is someone we granted asylum because they had to flee their home in fear of their life now flying back there for a party?'
    That led to further awkward questions like 'why are we granting asylum to someone that came here from London where he had been working for Transport for London for several years?'

After that the chancer got very quiet and for 'some reason' the media stopped mentioning him...

dan1895 wrote: »
    I just checked and both of their accounts are public.

Post on it, it won't be, they won't allow.

I can post no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

Hazel criticizes those who say all lifes matter. Well why don't they? Do the lifes of those Muslims being tortured in China or the life of David Dorn killed by BLM mobs in America not matter?
    Apparently not. They aren't good propaganda.

What sickens me about these people is they are in my opinion racists but accuse everyone else of it. Hazel psychologically projects 24/7 I don't think she has any self awareness at all. Don't think she has any awareness of even what she says or does. She knows damn well can say or do anything and pull the ould race card if there is any backlash to their statements.

Hazel is easily biased and bigoted out of her mind one in my honest opinion.

Lives only matter to them if they are the correct ones politically?
    Who else can say this publicly.

What's amazing about Hazel/Ebum Joseph etc is because they are Asian/Black etc they can be as slanderous and racist as they please against any other group. People might say they are speaking about minorities but there are alot more Asian people in the World than Caucasian and someone who's a Lord Mayor certainly isn't deprived in anyway.

Think about it. Lives matter or they don't. What they are saying is those not hand picked for various movements don't matter.

It's interesting to note this was said on a webcast with in my opinion extreme anti Irish headcase Ebum Joseph who basically makes a living out of hating the Irish and incessant imagined victimhood. Remember when she was served a wrong drink in a hotel in Galway and that was racist? She went on a deranged mission to get the young one fired. A deeply unhinged hate filled lunatic is old Ebum.

There was a lady who posts here sometimes who worked with her said she was nasty and vicious to fellow staff.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40226924.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Equal and fair status for black people?

But some of them get preferential, never mind equal status. How many returning Irish emigrants are handed a medical card and a place to live upon arrival? None. But every asylum seeker is handed this.

She is a scumbag, frankly.

Equal and fair status for black people?

But some of them get preferential, never mind equal status. How many returning Irish emigrants are handed a medical card and a place to live upon arrival? None. But every asylum seeker is handed this.

She is a scumbag, frankly.

This forum is like a fanclub for Hazel Chu and Ebum Joseph. Telling it like it is; big no no here.

Nothing but lavish praise and adoration allowed for these two (IMO) anti Irish lunatics.

Ban coming in 3-2-1.

The argument against having an elected mayor for 5 years in Cork are the likes of Chu in Dublin and Khan in London. Thank fcuk we said "no".

Divisive, biased, hypocritical and pandering to their vote base; little regard for the existing native culture, only what seems the emerging one. Very poor leadership abilities for such public office. The woman has no self awareness, but a massive ego.

I should be a Green - but I can't fcuking stand any of them. If they could but stick to green issues, leave the Social Democrats the market on the social justice/equality politics, who seem to be a lot better at it.

This forum is like a fanclub for Hazel Chu and Ebum Joseph. Telling it like it is; big no no here.

Nothing but lavish praise and adoration allowed for these two (IMO) anti Irish lunatics.

Ban coming in 3-2-1.

Have you even read back on this thread?

elperello wrote: »
    Have you even read back on this thread?

No but I know what you mean.

What I am saying is this.

The public opinion and general consenus maybe she's awful and the worst kind or race baiter imaginable. A self entitled self indulgent permanent victim who cries wolf anyone who opens their mouth to her but it's fine for her to Undermine Gardai/ say all lifes' DON'T matter/ call for inquiries in the Gardai after they dealt with a knife wielding man. Does she not trust GSOC constantly go on about the racist Irish, funny that but calls herself Irish when it suits her, not when shes slandering the nation or it's people of course. So yes many do see her for a amoral reprobate

BUTTTTT

It's some of the mods/admins etc on this are unbelievably sympathetic to her. It's almost like they can't be impartial. They simply must defend her abhorrent behavior no matter what. No debate allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

She shouldn't have accepted the post of mayor of a people she hates so much.

If people are protesting her appointment, maybe it's all the negativity and complaining she does.
    "all lives matter" - anyone who says that is a racist according to her. How stupid, apart from anything else.

She should be fired from the post, or someone at least questioning what exactly does she want to see happen in Dublin.

eleventh wrote: »

If people are protesting her appointment, maybe it's all the negativity and complaining she does.
    "all lives matter" - anyone who says that is a racist according to her. How stupid, apart from anything else.

She should be fired from the post, or someone at least questioning what exactly does she want to see happen in Dublin.

The irony with Hazel is the media are terrified to say anything to her because she's Asian but she states she's Irish so surely if the media believe her assertion she is Irish she is fair game? They mustn't do. Otherwise she be fair game but she's not. Total total immunity to any criticism by the media at all she has. It's incredible. She literally can say anything at all with total immunity.

You can't have your cake and eat it.

Like the way she constantly insinuates the Irish are racist, she saying she is racist too? If the shoe fits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

The irony with Hazel is the media are terrified to say anything to her because she's Asian but she states she's Irish so surely if the media believe her assertion she is Irish she is fair game?
    It's not about what race she is. Even if she was actually Irish and held the same views, I would have the same view.
    There are plenty of anti-Irish *Irish people* as well, because there is money in it. The media themselves are anti-Irish, and they are almost all Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It's not about what race she is. Even is she was actually Irish and held the same views, I would have the same view.
    There are plenty of anti-Irish *Irish people* as well, because there is money in it. The media themselves are anti-Irish, and they are almost all Irish.

she is irish

• Advertisement

Is she not married to a white Irish man?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement