Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&Q and Brexit

Options
  • 22-01-2021 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭

In B&Q yesterday, building materials (many) have increased to circa 25% more, many of the pricing labels not updated so you could in theory demand the advertised price. I trust these materials in question like timber, plasterboard etc originate from the UK to justify such a huge price rise but just be aware, complete rip off .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

You can't demand any advertised price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

In B&Q yesterday, building materials (many) have increased to circa 25% more, many of the pricing labels not updated so you could in theory demand the advertised price. I trust these materials in question like timber, plasterboard etc originate from the UK to justify such a huge price rise but just be aware, complete rip off .
    you can demand any price you want, but its nothing more than a rant. It is called invitation to treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

No you can't. They can get in trouble for having the incorrect price on display but the only thing that matters is what the till shows, this is the "invitation to treat". Then you can either accept this price, walk away or make a counter offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

ok, thought you could, i didn't demand, i just said the advertised price and they checked then they obliged, i guess quite nice of them. I won't be going back with those prices though :pac: As said, unsure if it is only UK products of origin etc

Advertisement