Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator Werewolf - Game thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    And if we are wrong?

Sorry all, it’s my youngest birthday today so haven’t been around and not sure how much I will be online. (Prob end up here now until game over! )

Where are we at? Is it 6v3?

So there is a munch, lynch and vig shot potentially.

Wolves know who 3 of the 9 are so they know our remaining RVs are hiding in 6. I’m guessing they presume me and Barbara are not there roled so they will take a punt in the other 4.

Have we still VIG left? (Haven’t been out to PC yet to see my notes). Cause we may only get past one or two munches before that option goes.

So a mishot and mislynch would hand the game to wolves if my maths is right. But if we do a mislynch and then a munch it’s 4-3 , gives us one more lynch to get it right. But how is that any different to having an extra shot? Are we going to learn an awful lot more between now and lynch 2 today that will change how village reacts?

Meh, I’m not sure, I know people are against mass reveals but are we at that stage where it would be more beneficial for village to have 2 clear villagers? That’s only real benefit to maybe not using the bullet I can see. RVs get past next munch (at which stage there is only 7 left if nk VIg bullet used.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Conors only mention of Steve other than two posts containing all players is above. That's it, the only interaction with the top poster and Alpha wolf

Then this this morning after Steve shoots Patrick

Conor mentions Jake in 2 posts, first time as a number 3 on an FFA and then later to say hecwas considering voting for him changed his mind to Gertie

I'm not loving this

Just out of curiosity Eva - how many interactions have we had? I don't recall many, I had you has my third on the first FFA but I don't remember much other than that.

Angus WW wrote: »
    If we're wrong we're going to lylo and cannot make any more mistakes. Honestly I see the arguments for Conor and they make sense but village best strategy is for vig to not shoot. That's my view and I'm sticking with it.

That’s fair, assuming Conor is obviously good and you aren’t protecting him. But what is the benefit to us dragging it out to a second lynch today? Not an insinuation just trying to understand what you think we will gain by extending this hell :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    That’s fair, assuming Conor is obviously good and you aren’t protecting him. But what is the benefit to us dragging it out to a second lynch today? Not an insinuation just trying to understand what you think we will gain by extending this hell :pac:

Because it can be a collective decision as opposed to it resting on the shoulders of the vig, and we get more info from every phase.

Because it can be a collective decision as opposed to it resting on the shoulders of the vig, and we get more info from every phase.

But can’t the village discuss a 2nd target and trust the VIG would carry that out?

Meh, is it too late now? Are we closing now for the munch? Ah well. I get your point

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

And what if we lose Sarah Connor this morning? Our vig and shot is gone.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

We are assuming we're at 6 v 3.
    Munch takes us into 5 v 3.

If vig shoots a wolf, we're into 5 v 2
    If vig shoots a villager, we're into 4 v 3

We go to lynch.
    At 5 v 2, we lynch a wolf. 5 v 1.
    At 5 v 2 we lynch a villager 3 v 2
    At 4 v 3 we lynch a wolf, 4 v 2
    At 4 v 3 we lynch a villager, 3 v 3 GAME OVER

Derry WW wrote: »
    And what if we lose Sarah Connor this morning? Our vig and shot is gone.

Actions happen simultaenously so I think vig can still shoot and also be munched

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Actions happen simultaenously so I think vig can still shoot and also be munched

I meant if Sarah doesn't shoot now, and is munched - we have lost future shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Thread closed

• Advertisement

Vigilante Kill

Sarah Connor was at the end of her rope, she didnt know who to trust and who to kill. After much deep thought, she picked up her gun and went looking for answers. She grabbed one villager whoo pleaded that he was human .....

Villager : Im not a robot..... Im not one of them

Sarah Connor : Ok.... Ok..... I believe you.....
    but my gun don't!

Sarah shot Conor WW..... he was.......an evil T800 Terminator.

Munch Kill

As Sarah stood in shock as the T800 dropped to its knees, she turned into the solid metal spear of the T1000. He lifted her body up from her feet, soaking in the moment...... the life slowly drained from her body and she died on the metal spike of the T1000.

Sarah Connor is Dead..... she was....
    Derry WW, the Vigilante.
    The T1000 ran from the scene and eventually she was found by her son John. John vowed vengeance!

Johns secret power is now available.

Thread open

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

58cc2c11c681c71ce5000001.jpg

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Well done Derry, get ta **** in! Fair play

Good man Derry. I'm sorry I thought you were a wolf - great shooting PEW PEW

Brilliant! What a way to go too, fair ****s Derry

I highlighted Conor last night, id another theory based on how he flipped but I didnt want to muddy the waters. Going to explore that now

TODAYS TIMETABLE.....

Lynch 4pm (thread closes)

Lynch vote reveal 4.30pm (thread reopens)

530pm Thread closes.

6pm Munch/ night actions (thread reopens)

Lynch 9pm. (thread closes)

Lynch reveal 930pm (Thread reopens)

• Advertisement

Ok I'm looking at Orla or Gertrude I think today. It's a bit muddy because Gertrude definitely now has some credit for being on Conor yesterday but crucially, and bizarrely called for Brendan to be shot last night after saying 'Good Stuff' about Brendan mentioning Conor for the bullet.

Orla is more a gut feeling based on the remaining players.

There is an outside chance Conor and Brendan were engaging in wolf theatre over the Liverpool/Spurs stuff but it's not strong enough of a read for me right now. Want to read back Conor and see who he was pushing before I fully decide though.

Lads 7 players left two RVs

Time for a discussion on at least one revealing? I’m pretty sure I know who Miles is

Pros and cons

N1
    Lucy WW (8) - Doris WW, Orla WW, Jake WW, Angus WW, Conor WW, Frank WW, Phil WW, Nigel WW
    No Lynch (2) - Emily WW, Brendan WW, Vern WW
    Jake WW (2) - Patrick WW, Lucy WW,
    Brendan (2) - Derry WW, Steve WW
    Mary WW (2) - Gertrude WW, Eva WW
    Steve WW (1) - Mary WW ? On W
    Clodagh WW (1) - Isla WW V on ?
    Tegan WW (1) - Katie WW V on V
    Katie WW (1) - Tegan WW V On V
    Phil WW (1) - Fiona WW V on V
    Fiona WW (1) - Clodagh WW ? on V
    Gabriel WW (1) - Gabriel WW - SELF VOTE ?
    Doris WW (1) - Barbara WW ? on ?

N2
    Nigel WW (4) - Vernon WW, Phil WW, Frank WW, Isla WW
    Phil WW (3) - Tegan WW, Gertrude WW, Fiona WW
    Emily WW (3) - Steve WW, Eva WW, Nigel WW
    Isla WW (2) - Derry WW, Mary WW
    No Lynch (2) - Orla WW, Jake WW
    Barbara WW (2) Doris WW, Angus WW
    Angus WW (2) - Patrick WW, Gabriel WW,
    Tegan WW (2) - Conor WW, Clodagh WW
    Steve WW (1) - Brendan WW ? On ?
    Eva WW (1) - Emily WW ? On ?
    Doris WW (1) - Barbara WW ? On ?

N3
    Vernon WW (5) - Tegan WW, Clodagh WW, Orla WW, Brendan WW, Gertrude WW
    Barbara WW (4) - Angus WW, Doris WW, Jake WW, Vernon WW
    Jake WW (3) - Derry WW, Steve WW, Mary WW
    Steve WW (1) - Eva WW ? On ?
    Gabriel WW (1) - Emily WW ? On ?
    Emily WW (1) - Gabriel WW ? On ?
    Gertrude WW (1) - Conor WW ? On ?
    Clodagh WW (1) - Patrick WW RV On ?
    Doris WW (1) - Barbara WW ? On ?

N4
    Steve WW (10) - Angus WW, Orla WW, Gabriel WW, Conor WW, Gertrude WW, Derry WW, Clodagh WW, Brendan WW, Eva WW, Mary WW
    Doris WW (1) - Barbara WW
    Emily WW (1) - Steve WW
    Barbara WW (1) - Doris WW
    Brendan WW (1) - Emily WW

Time for a discussion on at least one revealing? I’m pretty sure I know who Miles is

Pros and cons

Cons - no BG so they're dead in next two munches

Pros - list is reduced for lynching. Also the slim possibility T-1000 morphed into Miles (John Connor seems to be fine based on mod post)

Pros and cons

Not sure what the pros or cons are at this stage. Depends on what the John Connor special power is I suppose. Finding that out involves John revealing which obviously makes him a target.

Not sure what the value is in Miles revealing. Will he use his power at this point?

Just looking at the Conor lynch protect stuff, does Conor give that away or at least not give it to a wolf? Might be weak enough but when I was looking at Conors interaction with wolves they both passed comment on the lynch protect

Going to look into a little more detail on this but it’s an odd prize for a wolf to give away on day 0

The other issue is Emily highlights that only she could use it.

I received a munch protect and I could pick who got it but she couldn’t pick who to protect from lynch? Slightly odd?
    Protection but it actually protects me tonight, I can’t actually use it. Not to he speaking for Conor but he said he gave it to me cause I said I didn’t want it. Some awesome quote from Plato.

I’m actually really getting into philosophy the last year or so , so Conor is leaning very much village in my camp. I’m easily manipulated. :o
    Just another general point to make, we should all try to at least get used to some posters styles. I’m hoping if T-1000 takes over my beautiful body that they will struggle to copy my melodious posting style.

I suppose we could try to maybe pick out a couple of posters each that we will try to follow particularly closely. So for example I say I will keep a close eye on Lucy, Steve and Vernon. If we kill one of T-1000 lives and they jump to one of the three I’m keeping an eye on I might be more likely to spot a change in posting?

I find it hard to spot things when doing mass FFAs by going through people’s entire posts. Of course a wolf will be doing these FFAs so maybe with 25 players we could all have three to 5 people each. If nobody gets the same person we could randomise who each person gets so it would be statistically improbable that only a wolf would be keeping an eye on a wolf (or less probable). Just an idea to try to balance out the T-1000 powrr
    Don’t want either, I’m enjoying having no responsibility to anything in this game. Ha, if there was an SK that wouldn’t look good, I’m just happy to be free of shackles of responsibility is what I mean.

If we don’t want the bullet used it should stay with you as you have at least owned up to it. Village should decide BG concensus what to do. That’s a good looks that you came out on thread. The only caveat is that on day 1 it’s more beneficial for a wolf to garner village points so I’m neutral on the what thus says about your alliegance.

I find night 1 lynch is a crap shoot. Cant recall ever having a strong feel on somebody on night 1, particularly after a fluffy day 0 (which I was very much a part of).

Would a wolf intentionally give out wrong answers? (Accusations against steve) Meh, I’m not sure as they leave themselves exposed and it’s a lazy play for me. I’d of thought most wolves want to blend in and appear as villagey as possible or go for the TWTBAW strategy.

I missed the comp today as I was out walking the dog (work for myself so have flexibility to do whatever I want when I want :) ). Going forward has anybody any suggestions on how the village should try to manage the comp?
    Jake WW wrote: »
    But how does the lynch protect a villager?

Now... I should say that when I asked I thought Conor was giving Emily the chance to choose who to protect, but I think the point still stands. We as a group are choosing who to lynch, so I don't see how we as a group can choose to protect someone from our own choices

Unless we know who the roled players are, which we dont.

I still see my question as totally innocent, so I don't get why you went suss on me
    Jake WW wrote: »
    Right, I'm back. First up...

This came because of this...

I still ask what benefit the lynch protect is? Still seems pointless to me, unless wolves are using it

I asked you twice why this made you suss and you didn't reply. I'm taking that to mean you have no reason which does stick you to the top of my list. I admit it's flimsy enough but I'm going to vote
    Steve WW wrote: »
    Ok I'm back, crazy day thank God it's over.

Gonna multiquote as post count and stuff.

Why because I gave a wrong answer on thread? Flimsy enough.

giphy.gif

This is a lazy post from Frank based on phrasing and trying to shade Doris. Would be on my FFA.

Interesting. No idea who to give it to.

Oh, just saw you went with Emily, I guess that's ok. If it was me I'd have passed off lynch protect and kept bullet, interesting to see what you've done

Nope, not fired. Almost wish I was though.

Second poem, Babs is making my FFA tonight for the sheer fluff of this and the one last night.

Good post, agree with this.

Fair play Eva at least you'll let me speak. No idea why my post is being scrutinised so much, simply didn't have the time to PM after I had worked out... as it turns out incorrectly but meh - the code.

My own #FFA1 is

Frank - piece of dirty shade on Doris based off phrasing, seems like picking out something for the sake of it to discredit her
    Babs - poem posting and general fluff monster, also wouldn't disclose about the bullet.

That's whats I got so far. Mary would be a distant third but it seems a bit OMGUS so leaving her off for now anyways

Pros - list is reduced for lynching. Also the slim possibility T-1000 morphed into Miles (John Connor seems to be fine based on mod post)

actually that second point is good, I didn't think of that

99% sure I know who miles is at this stage. Power shouldn’t be used

Agreed re JC, Suppose he can decide if it’s viable to reveal based on the power

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

6 (7) v 3 (2) last night
    5 (6) v 2 (1) now.

5 v 2 means we still have a mislynch. if t-1000 took over a wolf, 6v1, then we have 2 mislynches, but i never work of best case scenarios, a thats setting up a disappointment. so we work off 1 mislynch before last lynch. If beaker changes timetable to squeeze in another lynch, then we may start thinking about the other scenario.

• Advertisement

6 (7) v 3 (2) last night
    5 (6) v 2 (1) now.

5 v 2 means we still have a mislynch. if t-1000 took over a wolf, 6v1, then we have 2 mislynches, but i never work of best case scenarios, a thats setting up a disappointment. so we work off 1 mislynch before last lynch. If beaker changes timetable to squeeze in another lynch, then we may start thinking about the other scenario.

Gertrude, can you explain in a bit of detail why you called for a shot on Brendan last night instead of Conor like you did during the day yesterday. It makes me wary that you slipped as Steve, that's the truth.

I agreed with your first post about state of play as I didn't have any definitive reads last night and would have holstered as vig, glad Derry didn't though.

But then your second post isn't best case for village. And it's changing direction from your previous posting re; Conor

Advertisement