Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator Werewolf - Game thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Why was Conor offering to give his bullet away to people thus rendering his gun useless?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    BJs post said the drop was 'a bullet'. nothing about a gun, unless Conor already had the gun?

In WW you don’t need a gun to kill people with bullets

tenor.gif?itemid=18997556

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

So who ya shooting Conor?

Frank WW wrote: »
    Why was Conor offering to give his bullet away to people thus rendering his gun useless?

Maybe to see who was eager to get the gun?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    I think the better question is should he pick a target and if so is there a consensus?
    Consensus seems like the right approach - but we're nowhere near are we?
    Feels like there's only been a couple of firm accusations and a handful of slight suspicions

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Just another general point to make, we should all try to at least get used to some posters styles. I’m hoping if T-1000 takes over my beautiful body that they will struggle to copy my melodious posting style.
    I suppose we could try to maybe pick out a couple of posters each that we will try to follow particularly closely. So for example I say I will keep a close eye on Lucy, Steve and Vernon. If we kill one of T-1000 lives and they jump to one of the three I’m keeping an eye on I might be more likely to spot a change in posting?
    I find it hard to spot things when doing mass FFAs by going through people’s entire posts. Of course a wolf will be doing these FFAs so maybe with 25 players we could all have three to 5 people each. If nobody gets the same person we could randomise who each person gets so it would be statistically improbable that only a wolf would be keeping an eye on a wolf (or less probable). Just an idea to try to balance out the T-1000 powrr

This is the best post so far, T-1000 the alpha wolf has 3 lives so if killed can take over another 2

It is hard to get a read this early on and what's the story with poetry

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Sorry, I thought it was clear that the bullet meant a chance to kill someone - not that it had to be paired with a gun before it could be fired. Apologies if that led to confusion.

I don't know who I'll be shooting, most likely whoever finishes second in the lynch voting, unless consensus suggests something else.

Jake WW wrote: »
    Consensus seems like the right approach - but we're nowhere near are we?
    Feels like there's only been a couple of firm accusations and a handful of slight suspicions

This is it. It’s day 1 and the statistical chance of a villager being hit is high. The statistical chance of us killing 2 villagers tonight is equally quite high. I don’t mind people choosing targets with good reasons but right now wolves are fairly protected by numbers.

This is it. It’s day 1 and the statistical chance of a villager being hit is high. The statistical chance of us killing 2 villagers tonight is equally quite high. I don’t mind people choosing targets with good reasons but right now wolves are fairly protected by numbers.

Always going to be the way for the first day or two.

It does warrant throwing together a FFA from everyone, good way to track who's suss of who and who just lumps on so at least if a villager dies we have some info to go on.

Maybe to see who was eager to get the gun?
    Thinking it's a wolf looking for a free shot? I had a look, it was...
    Barbara WW wrote: »
    I'll take the bullet.
    Eva WW wrote: »
    Throw me over the bullet, nothing more fun than waving a gun around the place!
    Doris WW wrote: »
    Here

Didn't see any others

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Sorry, I thought it was clear that the bullet meant a chance to kill someone - not that it had to be paired with a gun before it could be fired. Apologies if that led to confusion.

I don't know who I'll be shooting, most likely whoever finishes second in the lynch voting, unless consensus suggests something else.

It was, crystal clear.

Curious that so many people thought otherwise...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Yeah I always was of the assumption you had a kill Conor tbh

Mary WW 7
    Phil WW 5
    Gertrude WW 4
    Gabriel WW 4
    Katie WW 3
    Isla WW 2
    Brendan WW 2

So many flying under the radar, and 5 at risk of getting self-votes if they don't post.

Be interesting to see who posts just before lynch time to avoid the self votes, you have to imagine there's at least one wolf lying low in there.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

It was, crystal clear.

Curious that so many people thought otherwise...

A few relatively new players in game no?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Mary WW 7
    Phil WW 5
    Gertrude WW 4
    Gabriel WW 4
    Katie WW 3
    Isla WW 2
    Brendan WW 2

So many flying under the radar, and 5 at risk of getting self-votes if they don't post.

Be interesting to see who posts just before lynch time to avoid the self votes, you have to imagine there's at least one wolf lying low in there.
    Derry WW wrote: »
    Speaking of which, still to post today (I think):
    Emily
    Gabriel
    Isla

Still nothing from Gabriel or Isla today at this stage.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    A few relatively new players in game no?

Would they not be more inclined to assume that a bullet means a kill?

Would they not be more inclined to assume that a bullet means a kill?

No idea. I can't imagine that anyone who has played multiple times thought anything else tbh.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Mary WW 7
    Phil WW 5
    Gertrude WW 4
    Gabriel WW 4
    Katie WW 3
    Isla WW 2
    Brendan WW 2

Mary hopped on earlier to have a pop at me and subsequently vanished again. I've not been as active as I'd like but that's poor sauce from 7 posters tbh

End of work day approaching. Hopefully we can hear a little bit more then.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    End of work day approaching. Hopefully we can hear a little bit more then.

Will be intertesting to see who the latercommers try and push forward for the lynch.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Afternoon all, will be after 6 before I get on. A summary would be delightful

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

From OP
    Miles Dyson - Miles has a killswitch. He may use this only once. If Miles hits the killswitch, the player with the second highest lynch votes will die in the following lynch. Miles can only hit the killswitch between 10pm and 10am

We could lose 3 villagers which we don't want let's think hard about this

I know I'm a target thanks to Nigel and my fluffy starting posts but I'm village if I'm taken out so be it you will see I've no role

Is Emily and Conor the only two cleared as village good with winning and announcing today's comp?

Lucy WW wrote: »
    From OP

I know I'm a target thanks to Nigel and my fluffy starting posts but I'm village if I'm taken out so be it you will see I've no role

Is Emily and Conor the only two cleared as village good with winning and announcing today's comp?

How are they clear?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

From OP

I'm not sure how Emily could be cleared as village, I'd say conor yes but Emily was basically pot luck. Absolutely no reason to clear her as yet

They're far from cleared, they could be two wolves working together.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Do we have to use Conors bullet? (ironic coming from someone who likes to go on a shooting spree whenever the chance arises) At this stage the odds are that we'll end up lynching a villager tonight, losing a villager to munch in the morning and shooting a villager. Doesn't seem like the ideal way to start a game.

I mean you can lean village on both Conor and/or Emily but they're in no way cleared. Anyways lots of people have made this point so no point wasting more of my precious posts discussing it

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

From OP

Who's cleared Emily and Conor? Conor could be a wolf looking for brownie points, and the fact he gave Emily the lynch protect has absolutely no baring on if she village or wolf.

I'm playing from work and likely to be offline until near lynch as it's family time.
    As things stand I have a holding "No Lynch" vote and don't see any reason to change that.

Here's my thoughts though...

Lucy - I don't like the way she went at me for discussing the lynch protect, but that's probably me getting defensive. She's probably highest on my list, but not enough to vote lynch at the moment. The initial posting was maybe a bit odd but night 0 seemed throwaway so I think nothing of it. Which brings me to...
    Nigel - going hard on the lynch Lucy line. Too hard I would think. Again, I wouldn't lynch for it, but it seemed OTT

Bullet requesters - Barbara, Eva and Doris asked for the bullet. I don't see much reason to request it, but then I almost did myself for fun so I don't place much weight on that either. Barbara's poems etc are annoying, and the responses to Steve are deflections rather than addressing the point, but that seems tenuous

Think that's it for me. Like I say, I'm voting No Lynch as it stands, but I really hope to catch up again shortly before the lynch. As things currently stand I'd be surprised if I changed to anyone other than Lucy, Nigel and Barbara if I did change

I did initially highlight Emily's "building a village core" comment but I've gone off that one now, Emily seems grand to me but I agree with the comments above that receiving Conor's leftovers doesn't imply good either

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Time to break this out again.

SorrowfulReadyCoqui-small.gif

Advertisement