Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator Werewolf - Game thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Can I shoot this no lynch character?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    Thinking it's a wolf looking for a free shot? I had a look, it was...

Didn't see any others

It’s one angle to take. Not definitive but worth noting. There are multiple reasons why a person would want a bullet. I think it was Mary who said after me that she didn’t want the bullet either. Some may think that me and Mary saying we don’t want any powers as more suspicious as it’s a nice village look.

I need to step away to get some work done, also been having savage migraines for weeks now so have to take break from screens. Hope to be back before 9.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Conor WW wrote: »

I'd prefer it if you did. Fooking hate No Lynch with the passion of the seven depths of hell.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Right I'm reaching my post limit for a while, so I'll log off on this, Lucy is either a rattled wolf or a poor villager given by the posts she's posted both yesterday and today for that reason I'm sticking with Lucy.

It's nothing personal Lucy Day1 is always going to be lynching for the smallest of reasons. My vote still remains on Lucy.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

While I find people voting no lynch very frustrating, I do see it more as a village play than a wolfie play

• Advertisement

Steve WW wrote: »
    I'd prefer it if you did. Fooking hate No Lynch with the passion of the seven depths of hell.

Same, I rather be lynched than no lynch, no lynch doesn't help the village at all, there's nothing to learn from it.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Right I'm reaching my post limit for a while, so I'll log off on this, Lucy is either a rattled wolf or a poor villager given by the posts she's posted both yesterday and today for that reason I'm sticking with Lucy.

It's nothing personal Lucy Day1 is always going to be lynching for the smallest of reasons. My vote still remains on Lucy.

Post count limit lifted at 6 bells brah. Not that long to hold out for tbf.

Mary WW wrote: »
    While I find people voting no lynch very frustrating, I do see it more as a village play than a wolfie play

Guaranteed wolf would hide in no vote lynch and claim they did it to keep village numbers up. No lynch is a coward vote, vote someone, state your reasons and stand by them and watch for voting patterns.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

I'll be back

Guaranteed wolf would hide in no vote lynch and claim they did it to keep village numbers up. No lynch is a coward vote, vote someone, state your reasons and stand by them and watch for voting patterns.

There's no need to hide in the first vote though. It usually ends up with a few players getting votes. No need for a wolf to stand out by voting no lynch

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Of course If I'm not lynched or shot

No one is clear so I only trust myself

Sorry one more thing that just came to mind. Wolves can buss the alpha wolf to try and get brownie points. So anybody who “catch’s” one of T-1000 lives is not necessarily clear or village.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Except for the fact that it is a handy spot for a wolf to park their vote.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Except for the fact that it is a handy spot for a wolf to park their vote.

On the contrary, as I've already stated, it makes the player stand out, which wolfs don't tend to want to do.

There's no need to hide in the first vote though. It usually ends up with a few players getting votes. No need for a wolf to stand out by voting no lynch

As you say, Day 1 is often a spread of votes unless a few people go No Lynch then it is a nice cozy place to hide

Emily WW wrote: »
    Sorry one more thing that just came to mind. Wolves can buss the alpha wolf to try and get brownie points. So anybody who “catch’s” one of T-1000 lives is not necessarily clear or village.

That's a good point in fairness, while we're playing against 4 wolves, we in actual fact have to kill 6 to account for the T-1000 three times

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Same, I rather be lynched than no lynch, no lynch doesn't help the village at all, there's nothing to learn from it.

OK, everyone hates No Lynch!
    I thought it seemed sensible given the odds but I'll vote for someone later then. As things stand it's between Lucy, Nigel and Barbara for me

I'm out now, catch you all pre-lynch hopefully

As you say, Day 1 is often a spread of votes unless a few people go No Lynch then it is a nice cozy place to hide

It's not hiding though. Look at how much its been discussed already. It makes you stand out a lot more by voting no lynch than by sticking a random vote on someone and using day 1 not much to go on as the reason

Meh, No Lynch itself is a wagon which can be analysed. I don't like it personally but there are a few people that advocate strongly for it and believe it's a good idea, and that's their right too.

Just treat the No Lynch voters as any other wagon in wagonomics, follow the pattern, find the baddies. Need to actually kill a wolf first though to try and identify a pattern

It's not hiding though. Look at how much its been discussed already. It makes you stand out a lot more by voting no lynch than by sticking a random vote on someone and using day 1 not much to go on as the reason

Agreed. You can pick Barbara’s poems or some fluff from day 0 and pass it off as your flimsy day 1 vote. Day 1 is a popular day for wolves to vote for other wolves safely. I think night 1 lynch generally favours wolves.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I think Barbara has been the only real stand out for me at this point, she has contributed absolutely nothing since the thread opened.

Lucy is a maybe due to the opening salvo of posts and then absolutely dodging questions on them, with the "well shoot me and see" answer. Still unsure though this early.

T-1000 mechanics are interesting. The first two hits are actually a gain for the wolves as they take over another account so I would not be surprised to see a lot of bussing going on. It's only when T-1000 is on their third life that it's a parity hit for the wolves so we need to be mindful of that with the voting

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Essentially you post your top 3 suspects and give reasons why you suspect them. In theory they can be all collated and if there are a couple/3 strong contenders for the lynch people are encouraged to lynch one of those, based on the wisdome of crowds BUT ....the latter part doesn't seem to happen as much now as it did previously, often because not enough people do them.

That said, I still find they are very useful to village and encourage doing them for the reasons I gave earlier.

Oh good but probably better after a day or two though unless someone has a really quick way of sussing wolves out. It would surely be a shot in the dark now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    I think Barbara has been the only real stand out for me at this point, she has contributed absolutely nothing since the thread opened.

Lucy is a maybe due to the opening salvo of posts and then absolutely dodging questions on them, with the "well shoot me and see" answer. Still unsure though this early.

Shows how little attention you've been paying.

I'd suggest paying closer attention.

Orla WW wrote: »
    Oh good but probably better after a day or two though unless someone has a really quick way of sussing wolves out. It would surely be a shot in the dark now.

Unless you have seer powers pretty much every village play is a shot in the dark, just varying degrees of darkness as the game goes on...sometimes a wolf slips but lots of experienced wolves won't make overt mistakes. Having something like FFAs to tie wolves to is helpful.

T-1000 mechanics. Example – Jimmy WW is T-1000 and is handled by Beakerjoe. Tammy WW is handled by Necro.
    Jimmy WW is then lynched. He loses a life and Jimmy WW is taken from the game. Tammy WW is chosen at random and Beakerjoe assumes control of Tammy WW and Necro leaves the game. Beakerjoe has 3 lives and is dead on his 3rd lynch/shot. (any questions, just ask) WARNING - Hypothetically players may not be lynched but they may die come lynch time if the T-1000 is killed.

Says the account is chosen at random. Is there any chance it might assimilate another wolf/T-800? Might make wolves wary on the other hand to what I just posted.

Highly unlikely but if it's truly random it's possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

MOD ANNOUNCEMENT

A sub has had to be made. Gertude WW is now under the control of a new player.

That is all.

This is not a game mechanic, we had a drop out and a sub has joined.

That is all. Carry on

Unless you have seer powers pretty much every village play is a shot in the dark, just varying degrees of darkness as the game goes on...sometimes a wolf slips but lots of experienced wolves won't make overt mistakes. Having something like FFAs to tie wolves to is helpful.

Thanks it's very good to get help like this.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Says the account is chosen at random. Is there any chance it might assimilate another wolf/T-800? Might make wolves wary on the other hand to what I just posted.

Highly unlikely but if it's truly random it's possible?

Just villagers I presume, that part was asked on sign up thread, they can take over roled villagers but they do not assume the power

• Advertisement

Also as i explained earlier there was a crisis at work. I am reading back and thought Emily got protection but now it seems it was protect or shoot and shoot is happening? Is that right or am i just one of those annoying people who says "here now, give me the last 5 hours action in 20 words" :D

Advertisement