Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator Werewolf - Game thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    If Conor's a villager, he should definitely take the shot and if he hits a villager, well then just own to it. But villagers having killing power is a good thing. As long as its a well signposted shot so that if a power villager needs to claim, they can claim.

if Conor's a wolf, he should hold the shot for obvious reasons.

Is this really what you think or is it parody?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

beakerjoe wrote: »

30 mins until vote close.... well 26 mins..... get in.

Vote penalties will apply to those who miss votes

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

If Conor's a villager, he should definitely take the shot and if he hits a villager, well then just own to it. But villagers having killing power is a good thing. As long as its a well signposted shot so that if a power villager needs to claim, they can claim.

if Conor's a wolf, he should hold the shot for obvious reasons.

A wolf knows who the other wolves are. If we say "Conor take the shot" he can easily take out a villager safe in the knowledge that it is benefitting his team.
    However if Conor is a villager, there is a higher risk of taking out a villager than a wolf as it is a blind shot into the darkness.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Interesting late push on Brendan going on now.

You don't think him voting and not posting is worthy of mentioning?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    If Conor is a wolf he can use this logic to out a rolled villager. Just holding the shot will prevent the need to do that.

it also gives the 3 life wolf a chance to fade too

But i suppose, if hes a wolf he's got a 5 out of 23 chance of hitting a rolled villager. around 20%. it'd be pretty unlucky.

if he goes for the second wagon, it'll all be very well signposted

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    Just another general point to make, we should all try to at least get used to some posters styles. I’m hoping if T-1000 takes over my beautiful body that they will struggle to copy my melodious posting style.

I suppose we could try to maybe pick out a couple of posters each that we will try to follow particularly closely. So for example I say I will keep a close eye on Lucy, Steve and Vernon. If we kill one of T-1000 lives and they jump to one of the three I’m keeping an eye on I might be more likely to spot a change in posting?

I find it hard to spot things when doing mass FFAs by going through people’s entire posts. Of course a wolf will be doing these FFAs so maybe with 25 players we could all have three to 5 people each. If nobody gets the same person we could randomise who each person gets so it would be statistically improbable that only a wolf would be keeping an eye on a wolf (or less probable). Just an idea to try to balance out the T-1000 powrr

This made me also think good villager for Emily

Is this really what you think or is it parody?

The wolf part is parody.

It is what I really think. Sorry, but as a villager I am pro villager trying to make kills to benefit the village team. its certainly better than the wolves being the only ones making the kills.

i doubt we were offered up a vig to the winner and then intend them not to use it

The wolf part is parody.

It is what I really think. Sorry, but as a villager I am pro villager trying to make kills to benefit the village team. its certainly better than the wolves being the only ones making the kills.

i doubt we were offered up a vig to the winner and then intend them not to use it

That part of your post I agree with, I think he should take the shot tbh

Difference of opinion so. And I am vastly outnumbered. Do as village consensus says so Conor

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    Brendans posts today

If we take them at face value maybe he is just having a bad day. I know I've had times where RL had the audacity to get in the way of WW :D

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Villagers should always vote for who they want eliminated. Villagers should be trying to get wolves killed

Ok. That's making it clear as day. Mind made up.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Right, I'm back. First up...
    Lucy WW wrote: »
    FFA 1

Angus
    Jake
    Phil

It's basically just my suss picks, it is hard the first day to get reads

I did think Conor and Emily were cleared village good

This came because of this...

Jake WW wrote: »
    What benefit is the lynch protect to the village? Surely the village decides (albeit privately) who to lynch

If we discuss who gets shot, it doesn't really matter who gets the bullet does it?
    Can we believe trust this, could Joe confirm?

John Connor must be protected, I'm suss now on Jake though but early for a FFA1 still mulling

I still ask what benefit the lynch protect is? Still seems pointless to me, unless wolves are using it

I asked you twice why this made you suss and you didn't reply. I'm taking that to mean you have no reason which does stick you to the top of my list. I admit it's flimsy enough but I'm going to vote

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

This made me also think good villager for Emily
    Is it really that helpful though? Lets say the T-1000 is lynched and then takes over your body- the first thing they would do is browse your posts to get an idea of your posting style and try to copy it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Also not hostile or triggered. Just pointing out a different scenario that Emily and Conor are villagers just because they announced on thread they had the prize.

Fair enough.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

The wolf part is parody.

The point is the village kills by consensus...we talk it out and make accusations and then we lynch someone.

As Emily said, the benefit of a villager winning the bullet is that the wolves don't get an extra kill. Taking a shot in the dark nullifies that benefit.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    You don't think him voting and not posting is worthy of mentioning?

No that’s a good point and I made a similar one about Isla what was interesting was how many lumped on Brendan right after that point was raised.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

beakerjoe wrote: »

Frank ,Gabriel, Orla, Jake, Brendan ---- Still to vote

20 mins left.... last call.

Voting closes at 9pm, death reveal at 930pm, votes out before 10pm.

THREAD WILL CLOSE FOR 1 HOUR FROM 9PM.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    If we take them at face value maybe he is just having a bad day. I know I've had times where RL had the audacity to get in the way of WW :D
    Could be, or maybe a clever tactic :confused:

Nigel WW wrote: »
    No that’s a good point and I made a similar one about Isla what was interesting was how many lumped on Brendan right after that point was raised.

The difference for me was Isla at the very least declared she was voting Clodagh. Brendan just asked for the lynch form and vanished again

Patrick WW wrote: »
    Going with following ffa for now

Jake. Lots of fluff, not liking how he wanted to no lynch but then switched quickly when heat came on

Babs: Too eager to look for that bullet. No discussion, not a village play

Fiona: eager to post but no real substance, lots of just chatter

Willy enough but that’s where my heads at for now

On this - I admit I rushed the reversal on "No lynch". I was just logging off my work account and wanted to change. Someone mentioned no lynch being wolfy and I panicked. I'm still not sure I quite get the logic but I feel the consensus is that no lynch is, without being too meta, bad for the game so I am voting, for Lucy (see above)

As for fluff - I don't think I have been, I've been trying to be constructive but I will admit a lot of it is hand wavy, but that's just because I don't have any concrete ideas

FWIW - I don't mind your accusation, it seems to have a basis. It was the lack of basis or defence from Lucy that put my back up

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Mary WW wrote: »

In one villagers office Somebody apparently lost their job and I think it was Steve who said he was also was finding it busy. What is going on in everybody’s offices today?

Frank WW wrote: »

Not working out so well for him if he doesn't appear soon. Two? I think declared votes on him, and a self vote if he doesn't make the post requirement. If he hadn't found time to decide who to vote for, and vote for them, I'd be feeling sorry for him

In one villagers office Somebody apparently lost their job and I think it was Steve who said he was also was finding it busy. What is going on in everybody’s offices today?

Basically Emily, without going too off topic - Covid

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Doris must be gone for a lie down after those exhaustive three posts.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

So Brendan has voted but posted **** all? Wonder will he make a pre lynch appearance

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Doris must be gone for a lie down after those exhaustive three posts.

This Barbara I prefer to the poetry

gPzz1OP.gif

Maybe they all work in the same office and it was Brendan who got fired

Frank WW wrote: »
    On this - would a player really use that tactic? It's just not in the spirit of the game at all, is it? Surely everyone has a bit more pride about themselves when playing than to use cheap lies like that?

I totally get that low posting is a bit suss, but when it's that low and they've given an excuse/reason, I'd be inclined to believe them... for today at least

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

I moved my vote from Isla to Brendan, as Isla posted on thread that she was voting at least.
    However, Isla just barely posting to get the required number of posts in is quite suspicious in itself.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    On this - would a player really use that tactic? It's just not in the spirit of the game at all, is it? Surely everyone has a bit more pride about themselves when playing than to use cheap lies like that?

I totally get that low posting is a bit suss, but when it's that low and they've given an excuse/reason, I'd be inclined to believe them... for today at least

We have had people use the excuse that they were too busy in RL and that if they were a wolf wouldn’t play like that cause it would be lousy

They were a wolf

Advertisement