Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator Werewolf - Game thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

I was scrolling down that list for a couple of minutes before I came across Doris.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    I was scrolling down that list for a couple of minutes before I came across Doris.

I at least hope you got her a towel afterwards.... :P

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Why were people posting during the post embargo times?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Good call by all bullet holders.

I’ve been making notes on all posts from just before 11 yesterday morning. I’ve got as far as 2pm but my thoughts may change. As it stands, Nigel had doubts on both Lucy and Isla and the talk with a few players is about those 2 not being on thread defending themselves. Lucy has just come on the thread before 2pm and has told Lucy to read the thread when she asks him why her when she responds that she will he just says that that’s a fluff post.

Why not give her a chance at that stage to defend herself, Nigel?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Why were people posting during the post embargo times?
    I think the OP is wrong, it says 9-11, but the closed announcement was at 10. No one posted after that

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Well nigel ww is obviously a villager

Tegan,
    Can you explain the obvious for me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Nigel WW wrote: »

But of course, and a few wet wipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Jake WW wrote: »
    I think the OP is wrong, it says 9-11, but the closed announcement was at 10. No one posted after that

Yeah its from 10 to 11, not 9... I cant edit the OP anymore.

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Why not give her a chance at that stage to defend herself, Nigel?

I did give her a chance, numerous and every time her defences were weak I constantly called her out by saying she was either a wolf or a weak villager. I stand by my posts yesterday. Either way she wasn't benefiting the village and now she's gone there's statically a better chance of nailing a wolf today.

I made no secret about my doubts on lucy, it's those who lumped on after me are the ones to watch.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Looking back over Katie's posts:
    Katie WW wrote: »
    Strange

Didn’t see myself mentioned at all
    Just catching up. The Steve thing seemed strange, if it was me I'd be more likely to submit a guess and nothing on thread. Its definitely something I'd keep an eye on

I don't like Tegan, he came out with a strange "are we all on a Katie bandwagon" when I literally hadn't been mentioned by anyone, how do you get to the conclusion?

I don't like his plan to coordinate the answers, it only helps the wolves because they have a BR and can use ours and their coordination. Its an awful plan.

Randomly clears Nigel, get in his pocket Nigel, its cosy in there
    Strange

Didn’t see myself mentioned at all
    Mary quick to jump on Steve for a lynch, not sure what to make of that

The bang of wolf off this post from Emily, would be my No. 1 wolf

Don't like Nigel pushing to have the bullet used

Agree with Gertie on this, thats Patrick, Nigel and Angus she's referring to

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Am I wet?

Doris WW wrote: »
    Am I wet?

:pac:

Derry WW wrote: »
    Looking back over Katie's posts:

My quotes didn't work as well as I hoped, as Katie was quoting others.
    Those she was looking at are (from what I can see):
    Tegan
    Nigel
    Emily
    And maybe Patrick/Angus/Mary

Katie had Emily as her number 1 wolf previously... might be something to look into today.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

didnt think voting no vote was an option so went with myself

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Because there's more villagers than wolves, the better chance the village have of winning the prize the better, the wolves are already working together, it makes sense for the village to do the same.

Yes there's a chance a wolf can win using our answers but a wolf could win anyway even if the answer isn't posted, sure looked what happened today someone won and hasnt come forward, must be a wolf. A villager wouldn't shoot someone without village discussing it first.
    Cards on the table...

I would.
    Good for you, terrible tactic, hit a villager by going renegade and you'd get lynched and the village is down 2 players.
    Nobody would know I took the shot.

Just looking back on yesterday and the final post in this exchange stuck out for me. care to explain the rhetoric around this

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    didnt think voting no vote was an option so went with myself

Its been mentioned numerous times and there was also a discussion on it, you surely couldn't have missed every one of these posts about the No Lynch option

:pac:

ad30224a41cc30d21966f9c54aca12b8.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. Back home and in bed now for a couple of days.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Lynch votes.....

Lucy WW (8) - Doris WW, Frank WW, Orla WW, Jake WW, Angus WW, Conor WW, Phil WW, Nigel WW

No Lynch (2) - Emily WW, Vern WW

Jake WW (2) - Lucy WW, Patrick WW,

Brendan (2) - Derry WW, Steve WW

Mary WW (2) - Gertrude WW, Eva WW

Steve WW (1) - Mary WW

Clodagh WW (1) - Isla WW

Tegan WW (1) - Katie WW

Katie WW (1) - Tegan WW

Phil WW (1) - Fiona WW

Fiona WW (1) - Clodagh WW

Gabriel WW (1) - Gabriel WW - SELF VOTE

Doris WW (1) - Barbara WW

Vote incomplete - Brendan WW - No vote registered as a result - automatic 2 vote penalty on next lynch

Hey Joe, are there any penalties for lack of posting yesterday? It doesn't look like Gabriel or Brendan made the posting limit. Just so we know for later.

• Advertisement

These are all the posts with "Lucy" in them by the eight who voted for her, in chronological order...
    Angus WW wrote: »
    Lucy's posts there are very Sus, they look like they are implying that they are rolled, in which way is the question. maybe they can elaborate on it.
    I'm putting in a placeholder vote for Lucy WW based off her strange day 0 posts from yesterday and silence so far today.

I'm open to be convinced otherwise but I've put a placeholder in now incase I forget or get distracted with work.
    Everyone has posted at this stage.

Patrick defending Lucy... noted.

Wolves are paniced in theit backroom now I reckon.
    C'mon have a look at Lucy's posts and tell me they're not dodge... go on I'll wait.

You are looking just as dodge defending someone who cant even defend themselves.. must be a new player who landed a wolf role and you must be the seasoned player trying to take the focus off her... that's how it's beginning to look.

Lynch Lucy, Shoot Patrick, thank me later.
    And I think Lucy's posts are more dodge than Isla, Isla hasn't offered much so it's hard to tell if that team comment was a slip or a generic greeting.

Both have been very quite which does scream wolves in hiding. If they've nothing to hide they'd be here defending themselves.
    Exactly, no way to identify John Connor safely. I find it very suss that Lucy jumped on me for that.
    I'm playing from work and likely to be offline until near lynch as it's family time.
    As things stand I have a holding "No Lynch" vote and don't see any reason to change that.

Here's my thoughts though...

Lucy - I don't like the way she went at me for discussing the lynch protect, but that's probably me getting defensive. She's probably highest on my list, but not enough to vote lynch at the moment. The initial posting was maybe a bit odd but night 0 seemed throwaway so I think nothing of it. Which brings me to...
    Nigel - going hard on the lynch Lucy line. Too hard I would think. Again, I wouldn't lynch for it, but it seemed OTT

Bullet requesters - Barbara, Eva and Doris asked for the bullet. I don't see much reason to request it, but then I almost did myself for fun so I don't place much weight on that either. Barbara's poems etc are annoying, and the responses to Steve are deflections rather than addressing the point, but that seems tenuous

Think that's it for me. Like I say, I'm voting No Lynch as it stands, but I really hope to catch up again shortly before the lynch. As things currently stand I'd be surprised if I changed to anyone other than Lucy, Nigel and Barbara if I did change

I did initially highlight Emily's "building a village core" comment but I've gone off that one now, Emily seems grand to me but I agree with the comments above that receiving Conor's leftovers doesn't imply good either
    Right I'm reaching my post limit for a while, so I'll log off on this, Lucy is either a rattled wolf or a poor villager given by the posts she's posted both yesterday and today for that reason I'm sticking with Lucy.

It's nothing personal Lucy Day1 is always going to be lynching for the smallest of reasons. My vote still remains on Lucy.
    Angus WW wrote: »
    I think Barbara has been the only real stand out for me at this point, she has contributed absolutely nothing since the thread opened.

Lucy is a maybe due to the opening salvo of posts and then absolutely dodging questions on them, with the "well shoot me and see" answer. Still unsure though this early.
    Phil WW wrote: »
    I will be honest, due to the amount of work I had on as I am on bedrest from tomorrow around 12, I had to skim a lot of what has been said.
    I still think Lucy is a bit suss with her posting style and she is top of my list to go for.
    I had thought Steve earlier, but can not think why and will let it fly tonight as I will have more time to read over things tomorrow onwards.

Emily I have in team village and I am not sure what the suspicions on Nigel are for as I had originally thought he was village.
    Frank WW wrote: »
    You're one Steve, sorry. Codegate is the reason :D Would a villager not want to win the prize and make sure it is in safe hands rather than risk giving the answer to a wolf? I would be willing to give you the benifit of the doubt though it could have been an honest mistake.

Barbara for the strange poetry and tendancy to brush comments off with gif replys.

Lucy for the 'if you don't believe me shoot me and see' stuff. I've seen a wolf use that defence before.
    Conor WW wrote: »
    #FFA1

I'm putting two of these one because of attempts of what I believe may be pocketing

Lucy
    Nigel (I did like Nigel's reaction to my prodding so he's below Lucy at the moment)

The third person is more of a gut feeling about Eva asking for the bullet. Just seemed to be trying to get it a bit too much giving a longer response than the others. Fairly minor stuff but not a huge amount to go on really.
    Doris WW wrote: »
    Looking through posts now. Nigel stands out as a village lean for me at the moment. Frank, besides that weird quiz answer leans good at the moment too.

Lucy is a big pile of nothing. Questions that ruffle no one, its fluff.

Barbara is the other big pile of nothing. Poems and fluff with a claimed deeper meaning but nothing I can find from looking in to them.

Im gonna stick a vote in for lucy I think. Babs has at least been visible enough that its risky for a wolf.
    Orla WW wrote: »
    I'm thinking Lucy. Just my gut.
    Doris my number 2 choice.
    Didn't vote yet though.
    As I said earlier Lucy is either a panicked wolf or playing a poor village game, on that basis the reward outweighs the risk in my opinion.
    Orla WW wrote: »
    I think i am with you on this. Just feeling iffy about Lucy. Hope i am not wrong.
    Right, I'm back. First up...

This came because of this...

I still ask what benefit the lynch protect is? Still seems pointless to me, unless wolves are using it

I asked you twice why this made you suss and you didn't reply. I'm taking that to mean you have no reason which does stick you to the top of my list. I admit it's flimsy enough but I'm going to vote

Patrick WW wrote: »
    Morning all. Surprised at the scale of the Lucy vote last night. Going to take a closer look there this morning

How's that closer look going?

Going over posts. Nigel looks ok to me. Derry too. Struggling to actually pick out any dodgy behavior right now.

Brendan getting a vote in but not posting sticks out. Might be VIP villager keeping themselves in the game, but then wouldn't the wolves have seen that and taken a bite this morning? Going by numbers alone, its more important to the wolves to keep onside with voting than villagers.

Thoughts?

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. Back home and in bed now for a couple of days.

We can lynch you with a clean conscience now :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

I did give her a chance, numerous and every time her defences were weak I constantly called her out by saying she was either a wolf or a weak villager. I stand by my posts yesterday. Either way she wasn't benefiting the village and now she's gone there's statically a better chance of nailing a wolf today.

I made no secret about my doubts on lucy, it's those who lumped on after me are the ones to watch.

Mon 8:51am - Nigel states he will be looking into Lucy and Isla based off their Sunday posts.

Mon 9.22am - Nigel replies to Jake saying their posts very very suspicious and intrigued to know what team Isla is on.

Mon 11.06am - Nigel says he has a placeholder vote on Lucy.

Mon 12.11 - Nigel responds to Patrick saying his defence of Lucy is noted. Says wolves panicking in backroom.

Mon 12.14pm - Patrick asks Nigel what he’s up to, rattling or setting someone up. Says it will be interesting to see Nigel evolve over next few days.

Mon 12.16pm - Nigel says Patrick looks dodge. Says to lynch Lucy, shoot Patrick and thank him later.

Mon 12.17pm - Derry asks Nigel why Lucy over Isla.

Mon 12.19pm - Nigel responds to Derry saying did she not see Lucy’s posts. States people rattled since bullet announced for comp.

Mon 12:24 - Derry tells Nigel she did see Lucy’s posts but was wondering what swung Nigel more towards Lucy than Isla.

Mon 12.26pm - Nigel replies to Derry “ And I think Lucy's posts are more dodge than Isla, Isla hasn't offered much so it's hard to tell if that team comment was a slip or a generic greeting.” Also says “ Both have been very quite which does scream wolves in hiding. If they've nothing to hide they'd be here defending themselves.”

Mon 12.37pm - Nigel says he’d rather someone fight than remain silent as it’s not good for the game.

Mon 12.39pm - Nigel says it will be interesting if their 5 posts come just before lynch.

13.45pm - Lucy arrives and asks Nigel why her.

Mon 13.48pm - Nigel responds to Lucy saying she’s back after comp and he had given his reasons over and over. Says she should have a read and catch-up instead of flake posting.

Mon 13.49pm Lucy says she will do and asks who won comp.

mon 13.51pm - Nigel replies that Lucy’s post is more fluff.

I don’t see you giving Lucy time to defend herself at all tbh. You said you want those 2 defending themselves on thread but dismiss Lucy when she says she’ll read back. I’m inclined right now to have you as the T1000 who can afford to go full on accusing a villager as you’d only lose one life the next day if lynched whilst also morphing into another player.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Back to the game.

I still stand by my vote for Lucy last night, she really didn't help her cause.
    Not sure on the mechanics of the T-1000 role and if the auto priest will tell us when a life is lost or not.

If they tell us it has happened then the place goes mad with suspicion, which the mods might enjoy.
    If they don't, every time someone dies, we will do the same I guess. Analyzing posting style changes etc.

As for the nights actions, good play from the rolled villagers and not taking out any villagers when we know very little at this stage.

These are all the posts with "Lucy" in them by the eight who voted for her, in chronological order...

The ones that stand out to me are...

Nigel - went early, went hard and kept at it
    Frank - only one mention, had her third behind Steve and Barbara
    Angus - two mentions, but had her second to Barbara last mention

The ones that stand out to me are...

Nigel - went early, went hard and kept at it
    Frank - only one mention, had her third behind Steve and Barbara
    Angus - two mentions, but had her second to Barbara last mention

For me it was a toss up between the two yesterday, Lucy replying with "Lynch or shoot me and see" to nearly everything pushed me over to her really as i still had a few question marks on Barbara. There really wasn't much to go on yesterday so the Day 0 posts stood out a bit more than anything else

Barbara i think still has a few question marks around her posting, especially some of the gifs and poems, leaves me wondering if she may have a task, so i wanted a little more time to look over those posts again

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Back to the game.

I still stand by my vote for Lucy last night, she really didn't help her cause.
    Not sure on the mechanics of the T-1000 role and if the auto priest will tell us when a life is lost or not.

If they tell us it has happened then the place goes mad with suspicion, which the mods might enjoy.
    If they don't, every time someone dies, we will do the same I guess. Analyzing posting style changes etc.

As for the nights actions, good play from the rolled villagers and not taking out any villagers when we know very little at this stage.

Hey Phil, what time did you vote for Lucy?

Where's your suss moving after Lucy ultimately coming back good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

MOD ANNOUNCEMNET .....

The resistance 20 years into the future are sending supplies through time to help the humans fight Skynet.

3d-lab-ammo.gif?1546432348

Today they are sending a 3 guns with 1 bullet each (why don’t they send a full clip?) and a tracking device. So 4 prizes.

The humans need to track the supplies by using a 5 digit Skynet code.

If they are successful in cracking the code and inputting it (Pming the mod), they will gain the prize.

Please note the winner will receive all 4 prizes but they must share 3 prizes with 3 other players.

The bullets must be used tonight and the kill will be announced tomorrow morning.

The tracking device is also a night action. Should a player visit another player and they are tracked, the player will know they moved and who they visited.

The transmission will be sent at 1pm…..

Beware, Terminators can intercept this transmission by entering the codes themselves (by also PMing me).

First player to PM the correct code to me wins.

Advertisement