Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator Werewolf - Game thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Fwiw, I find Emily’s posts very villagery. She’s responding quickly to posts and they don’t read as replies from a wolf who has to think about everything they type. Her posts flow freely.

classic pocketing behavior here

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    As I said earlier, Babz asked for a gun first both days in a row, it's a ballsy move for a wolf to do that if she was a wolf.

To be fair to you I didn't know what 3 I would of picked had I won the prize. I didn't think it was an easy choice for you to be honest. In WW you can be damned if you do and Damned if you don't and any decision you make can be used against you.

Maybe your choice on Barbara will yield results or information that we would not of gotten otherwise.

In terms of any bandwagons forming, I would ask villagers to equally look at those jumping in and supporting certain angles without engaging too much on the topic. Wolves might of even just said nothing today, we dont know what their strategy is, so lets all try to come up with ways of forcing them out.

One small simple exanmple would be to get low posters more active by each bulletholder picking a random low poster (unless they have another target) to get these posters active. We need all villagers active to help find the wolves.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    I know I have said this multiple times, but I need to take a time out for work and head reasons.

But just a few thoughts.

We don't have a seer as far as I know, so we can only go off what people post. I find you can go down all sorts of rabbit holes with why people are good or bad, so the question today would be "is it worth all the people with the bullets using them to try to find even one wolf and getting information for the group or keeping the herd of villagers high while we try to gather more information"? On day 1 I am more about protection of village when odds are higher we will hit a villager but at this stage we need to start gathering information. Maybe we could wait to see what the lynch gives us and then talk about how to use the 3 bullets ?

So what is the damage of getting to tomorrow with zero wolf kills ? Is it better to have more villagers but less information or risk having less villagers (use 3 bullets) that may yield a wolf ?

We do not know if Nigel is good or bad. But he has told us who has the bullets so we have that at least. Tomorrow we may not be so fortunate with the prizes. Honestly I am a bit lost on how we navigate this as a village. Best off I take that break and let others row in on this.

Interesting thoughts. I can see the merits in both using and not using the bullets. I think we should probably park the bullets issue until we see what lynch throws up first

i think Isla would make a damn fine nomination for lynch tonight

Why would I if I was a wolf, openingly hand a bullet on thread in front of everyone to another wolf.

When rumbled that would be 2 wolves for the price of one. I gave Babz a gun as I think she is playing a very clever villager game and I would trust her judgement, don't let the poetry and gunslinger posts fool you, babz is more clued in that you think.

I never said she wasn't clued in.

I was only stating you gave the bullet to somebody who openly contradicted a belief you have/insinuated in what a villager should do with a bullet.. It is an inconsistency that's worth noting.

• Advertisement

Mary WW wrote: »
    Interesting thoughts. I can see the merits in both using and not using the bullets. I think we should probably park the bullets issue until we see what lynch throws up first

as would you mary. i have my eye on you

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I WILL REMIND PEOPLE ABOUT THE 40 POST MAX BETWEEN 10AM AND 6PM.

Gabriel WW wrote: »

As you should. You should have your eyes on everyone

lets be honest though, a wolf doesn't announce they won the guns on thread. the just quietly give them to their wolf team mates

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

lets be honest though, a wolf doesn't announce they won the guns on thread. the just quietly give them to their wolf team mates
    Two things...

1. could have been a rushed mistake? Didn't he have a short period of time to allocate them. I'm not sure Nigel seems the type to make mistakes though

2. I still think picking Conor again, after everyone praised him last night, could be a tactic to buy credibility. That said, the best guess might be that Conor won't shoot again, and a wolf would want bullets flying

I know I'm contradicting myself. To be honest I have this theory in my head but trying to type it out I lose confidence. My gut is still not liking Nigel. It also doesn't understand Barbara (and kind of hates her) but doesn't think she's a wolf... but why play like that? It's asking to be lynched

• Advertisement

Jake WW wrote: »
    Two things...

1. could have been a rushed mistake? Didn't he have a short period of time to allocate them. I'm not sure Nigel seems the type to make mistakes though

2. I still think picking Conor again, after everyone praised him last night, could be a tactic to buy credibility. That said, the best guess might be that Conor won't shoot again, and a wolf would want bullets flying

I know I'm contradicting myself. To be honest I have this theory in my head but trying to type it out I lose confidence. My gut is still not liking Nigel. It also doesn't understand Barbara (and kind of hates her) but doesn't think she's a wolf... but why play like that? It's asking to be lynched

share the theory :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Ok so here's my thinking on Nigel for now.
    a) Assume he's a wolf and he's won the prize today. Is it a stretch of the imagination to say that he decides to keep a bullet and kill a villager, and give the trace to someone else to gain villager points? Because he doesn't need it as a wolf - he knows who the villagers are. Or even better, he gives it to his wolfy mate so they can come out tomorrow and get villager points too?

Or would he keep the trace for himself and try to locate an RV? He can still get an extra wolf kill and village points by giving a bullet to his wolfy mate Babs/Conor (more likely Babs IMO)?

b) Assume he's not a wolf; if he keeps the trace for himself he's painting a huge target on his back for the wolves to aim at. So it's very smart play to give it to someone else and not tell us who.

I think option a is more likely for me. So I think I would put Nigel and Babs on my wolfy list for today and put Conor and Emily on the village list. Haven't made a decision on a third wolf so for now my FFA #2 is Nigel and Barbara.

share the theory :)

Sorry, din't mean to be enigmatic, it was still a stream of thought from my last post...

Jake WW wrote: »
    Lot to catch up but some random thoughts

Phil, Frank - I think you're tormenting each other. Frank, the way you got the info was a bit strange but you're right, a wolf wouldn't reveal it. I think Phil was right to question it. I think you should both look elsewhere

Barbara - why, just why? To everything basically, the sh-tty poems, the deliberate annoying replies when first asked about it, the eagerness for a gun, the pretending you're going gun crazy. Why?

Emily - honestly, I think your reaction seems fine in the face of Barbara. A little het up sure, but the right questions being asked.

I can't help but feel Barbara is deliberately taking the attention here. The only picture I can form that fits what I see is that Nigel is a regular terminator, they planned that using Conor for one bullet buys credibility after last night and Barabara is taking the heat now as the T-1000, knowing she can take a lynch. It's a stretch, but it does join the dots for me...

Couldn't we just ask Kyle Reese to bodyguard protect whoever has the tracker? Wolves would then have to gamble of wasting a munch ?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Just a reminder for the other 2 gunholders... there's defo a push one to lynch either myself or Babz, which makes me think, they lynch me, munch babz and Conor could be a wolf, making all 3 bullets ineffective,...

If anyone with a bullet lets lynched tonight and they are revealed as good we need to go hard at all the people who voted them.

If orders are in before 10am I don;t think an 11am munch will cancel them out?
    More like mutually assured destruction

Vernon WW wrote: »
    a) Assume he's a wolf and he's won the prize today. Is it a stretch of the imagination to say that he decides to keep a bullet and kill a villager, and give the trace to someone else to gain villager points? Because he doesn't need it as a wolf - he knows who the villagers are. Or even better, he gives it to his wolfy mate so they can come out tomorrow and get villager points too?

Or would he keep the trace for himself and try to locate an RV? He can still get an extra wolf kill and village points by giving a bullet to his wolfy mate Babs/Conor (more likely Babs IMO)?

b) Assume he's not a wolf; if he keeps the trace for himself he's painting a huge target on his back for the wolves to aim at. So it's very smart play to give it to someone else and not tell us who.

I think option a is more likely for me. So I think I would put Nigel and Babs on my wolfy list for today and put Conor and Emily on the village list. Haven't made a decision on a third wolf so for now my FFA #2 is Nigel and Barbara.

i think the smarter move from the wolf would be to say nothing on thread about winning the comp and give them to team mates and let them blast away/track away.

its just not the % play by a wolf to make, that is not to discount your theory though.
    if he is a wolf, then likely barbara one as well. time will tell on that but defo something to keep in mind as the game progresses

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Why would I if I was a wolf, openingly hand a bullet on thread in front of everyone to another wolf.

When rumbled that would be 2 wolves for the price of one. I gave Babz a gun as I think she is playing a very clever villager game and I would trust her judgement, don't let the poetry and gunslinger posts fool you, babz is more clued in that you think.

I would love to know what you see in Babz that we don't? It sounds like you are a team?

Couldn't we just ask Kyle Reese to bodyguard protect whoever has the tracker? Wolves would then have to gamble of wasting a munch ?

i think kyle needs to BG whoever he thinks will be targeted by wolves.

and the odds are the same. kyle protects tracker...what are the odds the wolf goes for that tracker?

and if nigel says who he gave the tracker to, why would the wolves then munch that player? its a 1 time deal, they want more bang for their buck

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

I started this so I will finish it
    sup y'all
    how do you mean?
    i cant see how anyone can possibly answer that question
    anyone remember this ad?

All the above is Day 0 fluff, nothing really there
    sorry for being out of the loop today guys. cant find the vote thread but was just gonna put 1 in on myself
    found it
    didnt think voting no vote was an option so went with myself
    All of the above about voting for himself as he has no reads after missing pretty much all day yesterday.
    at least you know 1 villager. cos if you gave to a wolf it would have been used

His only lean to this point is Conor good for revealing he had a prize
    there's my guesses:

i'm wrong. has 1 golden globe. i said 2
    think maybe vernon got it, unless a silent wolf got in before him

Gets involced at quiz time
    that almost sounds like horsehit, so when they (1 or 2) end up in the hands of a wolf you can say it was random distribution
    This is were I got a little sussy of Gabs, doesnt like Nigel telling the village if he doesnt pick people, they are assigned. Its a fair point but like Conor the day before he had no reason to reveal if he was a wolf
    better to distribute yourself and name the people. that way we at least know who has the guns. random distribution, we will not
    Agreed and hes right here
    you were circumspect with giving a conor cos you have a village lean and his actions yesterday.

why didnt you put the same consideration into the gun to barbara? lots of people asked for the gun.

i suppose we have to wait and see how it plays out.

You also gave Conor the village lean for his actions yesterday so its a bit inconsistent from you here
    basically the exact same thing that earned barbara a gun, and earned you a vote from him.

nigel's inconsistency is worrying
    I dont know why Babz got a gun but she did and he was at least honest announcing it.
    classic pocketing behavior here
    Pop at Fiona
    Pop at Mary

And then just as I finish my readlists, posts the above. Up to that point, I thought you were being inconsistent with Nigel after your Conor comment earlier however maybe not.

At the moment, null to slight village lean on Gabs. Still think the self vote was weird all things considered though

Vernon WW wrote: »

My read of it FWIW is if Nigel is a wolf then he gives a bullet and track to his team mates and keeps a bullet himself. The tracker is the most important prize of the lot. No way a wolf gives that up. He may give a bullet to a villager for a bit of distance potentially.

My main issue with this is, there is T1000 and 3 x T800. Why not just keep all the prizes themselves

My other concern is that we basically need to lynch/shoot 6 (T1000 x 3)bad guys. Shots are going to have to be fired and hit wolves to win the game. I genuinely think in future, we need to have a serious discussion as to were bullets are going and use them as a lynch effectively. We are going to lose otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

So people think that two wolves out of twenty odd players won the prizes both days??

Eva WW wrote: »
    I genuinely think in future, we need to have a serious discussion as to were bullets are going and use them as a lynch effectively.

My bullet has a long way to travel and could switch direction at any stage.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    So people think that two wolves out of twenty odd players won the prizes both days??

Who suggested that?

Very unlikely but also possible given they have 4 people potentially supporting each other

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Lynch votes.....

Lucy WW (8) - Doris WW, Frank WW, Orla WW, Jake WW, Angus WW, Conor WW, Phil WW, Nigel WW

No Lynch (2) - Emily WW, Vern WW

Jake WW (2) - Lucy WW, Patrick WW,

Brendan (2) - Derry WW, Steve WW

Mary WW (2) - Gertrude WW, Eva WW

Steve WW (1) - Mary WW

Clodagh WW (1) - Isla WW

Tegan WW (1) - Katie WW

Katie WW (1) - Tegan WW

Phil WW (1) - Fiona WW

Fiona WW (1) - Clodagh WW

Gabriel WW (1) - Gabriel WW - SELF VOTE

Doris WW (1) - Barbara WW

Vote incomplete - Brendan WW - No vote registered as a result - automatic 2 vote penalty on next lynch
    I received zero votes last night.

ZERO

12 / 25 recieved a vote, so 13/25 received zero votes, thats over half the village. Why size 6 ALL CAPS bold it?

Who suggested that?

Very unlikely but also possible given they have 4 people potentially supporting each other

That's what's being implied with the whole Babs, Conor and Nigel scenario.

I think the prize was won by a villager today. I'm undecided on yesterday

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

My read of it FWIW is if Nigel is a wolf then he gives a bullet and track to his team mates and keeps a bullet himself. The tracker is the most important prize of the lot. No way a wolf gives that up. He may give a bullet to a villager for a bit of distance potentially.

My main issue with this is, there is T1000 and 3 x T800. Why not just keep all the prizes themselves

My other concern is that we basically need to lynch/shoot 6 (T1000 x 3)bad guys. Shots are going to have to be fired and hit wolves to win the game. I genuinely think in future, we need to have a serious discussion as to were bullets are going and use them as a lynch effectively. We are going to lose otherwise

Well do we need to delegate certain people to look over posts or voting patterns or some such. I agree we need to tighten this for it to work in the village favour.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Well do we need to delegate certain people to look over posts or voting patterns or some such. I agree we need to tighten this for it to work in the village favour.

Do as much work as you can yourself. You can't trust anyone that you delegate to, and people rarely bother to double check other people's work unfortunately.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

I've caught up and I now think that there are about 17 wolves so the paranoia is real.

• Advertisement

i think kyle needs to BG whoever he thinks will be targeted by wolves.

and the odds are the same. kyle protects tracker...what are the odds the wolf goes for that tracker?

and if nigel says who he gave the tracker to, why would the wolves then munch that player? its a 1 time deal, they want more bang for their buck

If the wolves munch the tracker, we never get to hear the results. Tracking is a night action so presumably they get their info at 11am, if they're dead for it they can't tell us. Protecting them guarantees we get the results.

Advertisement