Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator Werewolf - Game thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    I am not asking to be spoon fed. I am asking for one post, with a succinct reason behind why. I have read back over your posts, and I see you think they are T-1000, but that's it.

Also I don't understand why a villager would be so willing to be killed - you have said numerous times put me up for the lynch. I don't think we should be so flippant when our villagers are dropping like flies.

I've no powers. So I can prevent a powered villager being lynched and also my death gives info with the scanner.

Barbara then Clodagh would be my picks to be shot. I think I'm just at 40 posts as well so later folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Ok I'm here now. Another day from hell.

Nobody used @Steve? Boooo

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

I'm up around 30ish posts and I need a break so I'm off for a bit. At the moment I'm most suspicious of Vernon, Patrick (low lying wolf potential) and Tegan (possible slip) but looking at the votes, Steve and Eva may need looking at.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Sorry folks RL is a mess today

But I did do some of what I promised

Clodagh...

Hello:) ...

So I had a look at your posts- lots of posts -115 at the moment I think

They’re interesting because there’s not actually much in all those words

That’s bad

I had to look really hard to actually make any inference. Your ffa1 however is interesting
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Right, it's nearly dinnertime so here is my #FFA1

Fiona
    Lucy
    Barbara

Just noticed I'm very sexist but how and ever...reasons below:

Fiona hasn't said too much but these two posts stood out. First knows that the bullet can be used but then later drops in a question about having a gun to use it. Other than that very short, one line posts mostly.

Lucy has been asking a lot of questions but hasn't given much in terms of their own position. Asking questions can be a good way to keep the posting up without giving anything away.

Barbara is my least likely to vote nod. Barbara is clearly playing at something and it could go either way on their motivations. Worth keeping an eye on but as I said, unlikely to vote here.

Low posters on Day 1...not too bothered just yet but having been burned badly, will definitely be looking at them from tomorrow on. I'm going to eat, will be back in around an hour and you can yell at me for my choices then.

Picked up on Fiona. I thought that was interestingsince Fiona was decades this morning. Got me wondering if someone didn’t think they’d spotted a roled player from their backroom

Interesting on babs too btw. Is it a wolf adding a wolf to their ffa I wonder

This was interesting too
    Yeah Conor I'd hold that shot unless something dramatic happens between now and lynch time. Chances are high you hit a villager but we get no information.

Chances are high we lynch a villager too but we at least get info from the lynch. And a roled villager can defend against a lynch but not a random shot.

See, I know you’ll say you weren’t the only one but... the one group that want to control kill are the wolves. Once a villager has time to face an accusation a shot is actually useful, not shooting isn’t so much. So why call for a bullet to be wasted...

Remarkably you’re still a pacifist yesterday!!!
    I won't use it, so if you want shooty shooty fun, don't give me one.

I mean that’s frankly disgraceful for a villager
    I've caught up and I now think that there are about 17 wolves so the paranoia is real.

7 votes in. Interesting. Who has declared on thread. Mary and Doris as far as I recall....searchy searchy time.

But you still want to know who’s voting where- you think 17 folks are wolves apparently but you’re keeping track of votes

Then your ffa
    Ok so #FFA2 is

Tegan - I think Tegan is a wolf and this is where my vote is going at the moment. I could *maybe* be persuaded elsewhere but a post earlier about wanting a gun to kill people, followed by and hopefully wolves, followed by feck all posting struck me as a wolf who has made an error and backed out of the thread.

Isla - No substance here whatsoever. Is involved but a low poster. I looked at Patrick who was/is on similar number of posts as Isla and the difference in the level of contribution is stark. Isla could be a low lying wolf.

Fiona - very pockety, and was so nonchalant yesterday I can't quite let the bad feeling go but bottom of my list for a reason as she's been doing work today.

Nice go at pocketing me btw:). Funny you changed view on my contents recently

Fi in there again, keeping an eye there alright

Do what you like with it Derry. I've you in my good leans but if you're a wolf we are in trouble. I don't want a gun though.

Today you STILL don’t want a gun. You told us you want to see Phil flip but YOU DONT WANT A GUN!! What thae actual ****?? Was there ever such an exercise in avoiding responsibility for the things you do??

Tldr:
    My case:
    clodagh posts lots but solves noting. Lots of hymns and hahs but nothing really. She’s the ultimate pacifist while poking to get people killed. And she had spotted fi from early
    My conclusion
    Clodagh is a wolf. Clodagh should be lynched. When she flips that may give us an idea how babs looks

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

That's incorrect too.
    We are not scanning the lynchee (the t1000), we are scanning the people who voted there.

The lynchee dies, so t-1000 is dead, thats great, we get told if there is any wolves in the voters. If there is not, then they are all clear.
    If there is, then we know where there is a wolf in that list.

How is that immediately useless?

Were they not saying that if they consensus is done on thread, the wolves will just stick the T-1000 on there who would be seen as a villager and would become useless as not all of those voters can be cleared 100%

We will only be able to spot the T-800 with the scanner

Doris WW wrote: »
    I've no powers. So I can prevent a powered villager being lynched and also my death gives info with the scanner.

Barbara then Clodagh would be my picks to be shot. I think I'm just at 40 posts as well so later folks.

I’d go the reverse and have clodagh lynched tonight and then discuss a shot on babs depending on that flip

Derry WW wrote: »
    I am happy with my choice today. I could be completely wrong in who got what, but time will tell. I have gone with my gut, and a couple of people have proven somewhat trustworthy over the past couple of days. Maybe this is because it benefitted the wolves, maybe because they are good.

I have been caught up in work today, meeting after meeting, and haven't had time to read much of this thread. From what I can see though, it seems to be a complete sh*t show. We have lost 6 villagers so far. And yet, we are falling into the same traps as the past 2 days, bickering and allowing the wolves stir the pot and send us down the wrong alley.

Should I tell who I gave what to? That I don't know - convince me how it doesn't benefit the wolves if they know who has the gun/scanner/shield.

Gun should be fine to tell once they don’t look like being lynched. Scanner is pre munch so fine. Shield should be secret since wolves will just avoid that person

Angus WW wrote: »
    Were they not saying that if they consensus is done on thread, the wolves will just stick the T-1000 on there who would be seen as a villager and would become useless as not all of those voters can be cleared 100%

Why would the t1000 be unscannable? I don’t see anything about them being unpeekable/ unscannable

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

That's incorrect too.
    We are not scanning the lynchee (the t1000), we are scanning the people who voted there.

The lynchee dies, so t-1000 is dead, thats great, we get told if there is any wolves in the voters. If there is not, then they are all clear.

Can we just consider this for a second? Say we lynch John WW tonight and use the scanner on all his voters. John WW is the T1000 and the scanner says there were no wolves in the group so yay they're all villagers. Right? WRONG. Once the T1000 moves body the results of the scanner are null and void because the T000 could've jumped into ANY of the previously cleared voters.

So whoever has the scanner, use it whatever way you want but you need to keep in mind that if the lynchee tonight is the T1000, or if at any point the T1000 loses a life, we're all back to square one.

• Advertisement

Ok, I see I'm mentioned in a few posts, gonna try and get to them all....
    Brendan WW wrote: »

Did those reasons ever materialise Steve?

And I think Jake is one of the wolfy partners for jumping off the Nigel wagon at the last minute.
    Steve, because he had 4 or 5 posts yesterday about watching to lynch a player who had just subbed in.
    And Doris. Because something about the posting is off to me. And I keep mixing her up with Vernon...

On the first point, yes I did. And you know well I did, because you THANKED the post Brendan.
    Steve WW wrote: »
    Leaving this as late as I possibly can as I'm flat out with work. Will get back on when I can with answers but basically I voted Emily because...

Nigel gave me the tracker he won in the contest so I voted to save him as a result

I'm tracking Emily. I think I'm better avoiding the shots and Nigel voted her so it seems like a good place to track in my own head anyways.

I'll be back as soon as I can with results please be patient as I'm flat out at work and will be trying to sneak to the toilet to update youse :pac:

On the second point, I had a wolf read on your slot because they voted on Day 1 without declaring on thread. You then came on and said you were going to be active - but weren't, for hours. What do you want me to do, abandon my wolf read to give the sub a chance?

When you responded to me and explained I backed off and gave you space to post. But the fact you're calling me out about my reasons for Emily when you already thanked my post makes me suspicious again.

Emily WW wrote: »
    Have to say, I am very surprised steve is the highest poster and surprised Derry is up there postwise. Does anybody else have reads or opinions on these two ? I am slightly suspect of Steve for his reasons for voting for me , it does make sense for a villager, but equally for a wolf, but I dont really recall too many incidents or discussions with those two that stick out.

Why is it surprising exactly Emily that I'm top poster? I can't post much during work hours but I'm here everyday afterwards right up to the lynch and beyond, after 6 there's no post limit so it's fine. I've no idea why my post count makes any difference or not.

I'm getting frustrated...I'll apologise to anyone who may be offended by the idiot villagers comment. I'm really just talking about myself.

Regarding the scanner, Gabriel, the idea of lynching the person who has it is a possibility although it is a poisoned chalice of a prize so. I think it will have to depend on numbers.

This is one of the worst ideas I've ever seen, it's pretty much TWTBAW tbh though wolves are probably fairly confident after this mornings massacre :(

Clodagh think this through for a second.

You want to lynch the person with the scanner, so we don't get any results, as they're dead? Seriously?

My brain nearly exploded that a villager might comprehend such a thing.

Put me up for lynch. Pick 5 people who will vote for me and use the scanner. Anyone who deviates is immediately sus.

The lynch pin is if we think a villager has the scanner or not.

This idea on the other hand might be a good idea, sign me up to vote Doris if we think this is a good option

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Can we just consider this for a second? Say we lynch John WW tonight and use the scanner on all his voters. John WW is the T1000 and the scanner says there were no wolves in the group so yay they're all villagers. Right? WRONG. Once the T1000 moves body the results of the scanner are null and void because the T000 could've jumped into ANY of the previously cleared voters.

So whoever has the scanner, use it whatever way you want but you need to keep in mind that if the lynchee tonight is the T1000, or if at any point the T1000 loses a life, we're all back to square one.

Yeah but we get there anyway or else we’ve lost the game. Kill the t1000 if we can, worry about how to manage the aftermath after that

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    Yep - guessing you missed my reply grabbing them, sorry

Thanks for the flashbacks, triggering some PTSD! Those are the insane ramblings of a panicked man, not a wolf with a plan, right?

Could be a panicked wolf realising himself and his buddy Vernon are about to be on a villager's wagon...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Angus WW wrote: »

ya waht?

The Terminator Vote Scanner - If a player wins this, they can use it on tonight lynch only. The holder chooses a player and if a wolf votes for this player, the holder will receive word that a wolf has voted for their chosen player. Players will receive info before thread reopens at 10pm following lynch

Even though the name sugests terminator detetor, its a wolf detector.
    No mention of false positives or false negatives.

If a wolf is there, its red, if no wolves, its green. t1000 is a wolf.

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    the only way we get full value from the scanner is if everyone declares on thread who they voted for, or if we engineer ~4 votes on a particular player.

so the 4 who have voted already...who did you vote for?

I voted for Doris this morning when she admitted to being a wolf but I've since changed to Vernon.

I'm happy to vote for any of the 4 I mentioned previously (Doris, Jake, Vernon, Steve).

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Vernon WW wrote: »

not square one, all but one on the lynch is clear. so if there was 4 on it, then those 4 are 3/4 clear, which is clearer than the rest of us.

Jake WW wrote: »
    Ha ha, no - does it show?
    First monthly game, played a mini-one about a year ago

the fact that you are frustrated by a players style of playing does indicate a slight newbie-ness alright.

I voted for Doris this morning when she admitted to being a wolf but I've since changed to Vernon.

I'm happy to vote for any of the 4 I mentioned previously (Doris, Jake, Vernon, Steve).

Hi Brendan

45719ed0533eaed76ede0f844781e962.gif

Can you answer my question please, why are you pushing that I hadn't given reasons for voting Emily when you thanked my post at 9.59am this morning?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Yeah hold my hands up there, i read it wrong.

This is not even slightly what happened, and have you just moved off me so you dont get caught by the scanner?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

I had a bit of bad news about the Guinea pig today. (I know, I know, it's only a Guinea pig) Feeling sorry for myself and not caught up on thread. As I said earlier my vote will be on Jake tonight. I know things may have changed since I was on earlier so I will try to catch up before lynch.

I did see questions earlier about how today's prizes should be used. I'd shoot Jake or Vernon. I'd probably shield Barbara, as although she's a nutter I'm 90% she's village, whereas apart from her I've not got a clue who is. As for the scanner I'd probably see how the votes are going and throw it on someone who doesn't seem to be getting many. Wolfs would have to be stupid to vote on a wagon tonight with the scanner in play.

Wait Doris admitted to being a wolf? And Brendan moved his vote OFF her? Wha?

On the first point, yes I did. And you know well I did, because you THANKED the post Brendan.

Wait that was your reasoning? Jesus that's flimsy. I didn't realise that was your only reason behind it, I was sure there had to be more.
    On the second point, I had a wolf read on your slot because they voted on Day 1 without declaring on thread. You then came on and said you were going to be active - but weren't, for hours. What do you want me to do, abandon my wolf read to give the sub a chance?
    Uhhh... yes? Also you're still actively misreading the post, find where I said I was going to be active and point it out please. Misrepresentation at its finest.
    When you responded to me and explained I backed off and gave you space to post. But the fact you're calling me out about my reasons for Emily when you already thanked my post makes me suspicious again.

I don't think it takes much to make you suspiscious of me Steve, you'd had it in for me since the start for no reason other than low posting from my predecessor, and now me wanting an explanation for your nonsenical voting makes you suspiscious?

Stevie is a wolf

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

That's incorrect too.

T-1000 is a body snatcher those cleared village aren't cleared.

If T-1000 is the wolf on the list of voters we lynch say 4 villagers to take a wolf who won't die.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    You know what, **** it, lynch me.

I hope the wolves win.
    Thats the plan sweety :D
    Doris openly admitting to being a wolf here LOLOLOLOL

For clarity. Obviously Brendan choosing to ignore I'm talking about lynching Babs.

Liking you less and less Brendan. Think you could sneak a few lies by then I said I couldn't post?

Hi Brendan

45719ed0533eaed76ede0f844781e962.gif

Can you answer my question please, why are you pushing that I hadn't given reasons for voting Emily when you thanked my post at 9.59am this morning?

I enjoy that you gave me about 10 minutes to answer your question, chill the beans there Steve

This is not even slightly what happened, and have you just moved off me so you dont get caught by the scanner?

more like I think Vernon is a better candidate this evening. Don't worry. I'll come back for you tomorrow.

For clarity. Obviously Brendan choosing to ignore I'm talking about lynching Babs.

Liking you less and less Brendan. Think you could sneak a few lies by then I said I couldn't post?

Obviously Doris choosing to ignore the fact that her post could have been read two ways and I don't solely think she's a wolf based on her poor phrasing

can you clarify what this part means, I don't understand what you mean by you can't post?

• Advertisement

I said I’d look at orla too I think- 55 posts

First 11 are fluff stuff so I’ll work from there. Based on their 15th post appears to be a newbie
    Orla WW wrote: »
    I'm thinking Lucy. Just my gut.
    Doris my number 2 choice.
    Didn't vote yet though.

From 7.30 ish Monday angle towards a Lucy vote

This is the post I alluded to before where tegan makes up their mind for them
    Ok. That's making it clear as day. Mind made up.

It’s odd, since tegan isn’t really being very definite. What I can’t figure is if it’s a newbie play or a wolf play.
    Good morning, I voted late enough. 8:40 or 8:45. Was dithering and then someone said something to make up my mind. Tegan maybe.

Either way there was a stretch between tagging Lucy and voting
    I agree with this.

Also against Conor shooting, again could be a newbie thing I guess
    Well do we need to delegate certain people to look over posts or voting patterns or some such. I agree we need to tighten this for it to work in the village favour.
    Emily and Nigel villagers for me.
    Was thinking Conor was then he comes out with the whole "the player who...". Threw me for a bit and then i thought if he was a wolf he would never point that out.
    So not 100 % sure about Emily, Nigel and Conor but leaning towards definite villagers.

Difficult to explain but these posts feel too clued in for a newbie

Overall I don’t know- feels very clued in at time for a newb. If I was betting I’d give this a definite wolf lean. The late vote Monday probably swings it for me since it feels like jumping on a mislynch

Advertisement