Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator Werewolf - Game thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Thank you for the prize!

giphy.gif

Babs stop your trolling

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Patrick WW wrote: »
    I said I’d look at orla too I think- 55 posts

First 11 are fluff stuff so I’ll work from there. Based on their 15th post appears to be a newbie

Played one other game so yep, think I am a newbie

From 7.30 ish Monday angle towards a Lucy vote

This is the post I alluded to before where tegan makes up their mind for them

Tegan's post was basically if you are villager and want to see someone eliminated then vote for them. I had posted 2/3 posts saying I suspected Lucy up to that. So vote to eliminate them. Seemed logical to me.

It’s odd, since tegan isn’t really being very definite. What I can’t figure is if it’s a newbie play or a wolf play.

I explained that above

Either way there was a stretch between tagging Lucy and voting

Tagging Lucy?? I don't get what this means

Also against Conor shooting, again could be a newbie thing I guess

I was against Conor shooting because of the odds. 4 wolves to many villagers? Might be a newbie but gamblers know odds

Difficult to explain but these posts feel too clued in for a newbie

Overall I don’t know- feels very clued in at time for a newb. If I was betting I’d give this a definite wolf lean. The late vote Monday probably swings it for me since it feels like jumping on a mislynch

I explained this. I mentioned her 3 times before I voted. Tegan said do it if it feels right. But Tegan didn't sway who I voted for, just that I vote at all. I mentioned already that I went on gut and trusting a poster. The person I trusted most was Nigel.
    In my defence I was late trying to protect Nigel but I did try protect him. Like I say I am new enough to the game and everybody was jumping "hair trigger like" over people but I did try to say hold off on Nigel people. I didn't vote because I was going to vote for Barbara if I did at all and I didn't really think she was a wolf.

The two people I trust most now are Gabriel and Barbara.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    I think 2 of them did vote but used an incorrect format from a different post that beaker made.

I.wont really be able.to.make good use of wagonomics until we hit a wolf

Feck. . .

Steve WW wrote: »
    Frank is a twice shot dead villager so nothing there. Gabriel self voted :confused:

Orla went No Lynch, Jake voted on Lucy.

Brendan's vote wasn't counted initially but then was amended to No Lynch as well iirc

It was - Brendan #1 hadn't posted all day, but it was said he voted, but needed to resubmit.
    Then it was allowed as No Lynch.
    But then Brendan #2 came along, and the question remains, did he take over a wolf role?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Never said the list is in any order.

Ah but you put me tops so...

Let’s talk about me.....

What do you find most interesting about me....:D

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Orla WW wrote: »

At long last people are coming around to me being a strong villager.

YJaozh.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Babs stop your trolling

It was another post to try put mayhem into the discussion while there is a good discussion taking place. Best thing to do is note it and move on

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    It was another post to try put mayhem into the discussion while there is a good discussion taking place. Best thing to do is note it and move on

Only wolves need to worry about me, which has been the case since Sunday.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Frank is a twice shot dead villager so nothing there. Gabriel self voted :confused:

Orla went No Lynch, Jake voted on Lucy.

Brendan's vote wasn't counted initially but then was amended to No Lynch as well iirc

Slight edit to this, Orla voted Lucy too.

Thing about the late votes is... Who else was in trouble on Monday? It *felt* to me like Brendan might be in bother along with Lucy but Lucy was a clear runaway wagon - would wolves really pile on at the end?

Gonna re-read Monday evening I think.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Slight edit to this, Orla voted Lucy too.

Thing about the late votes is... Who else was in trouble on Monday? It *felt* to me like Brendan might be in bother along with Lucy but Lucy was a clear runaway wagon - would wolves really pile on at the end?

Gonna re-read Monday evening I think.

Only if they thought one of their own was in bother before hand

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Village leans:
    Babs
    Emily
    Derry
    Conor

Beyond that either evil or not sure.

Ah but you put me tops so...

Let’s talk about me.....

What do you find most interesting about me....:D

Lynch votes Day 2

Nigel WW (4)- Vernon WW, Phil WW, Frank WW, Isla WW

Phil WW (3) - Tegan WW, Gertrude WW, Fiona WW

Emily WW (3) - Steve WW, Nigel WW, Eva WW

Isla WW (2) - Derry WW, Mary WW

No Lynch (2) - Orla WW, Jake WW

Barbara WW (2) Doris WW, Angus WW

Angus WW (2) - Patrick WW, Gabriel WW,

Tegan WW (2) - Conor WW, Clodagh WW

Steve WW (1) - Brendan WW

Eva WW (1) - Emily WW

Doris WW (1) - Barbara WW

Day 1 Lynch votes

Lucy WW (8) - Doris WW, Frank WW, Orla WW, Jake WW, Angus WW, Conor WW, Phil WW, Nigel WW

No Lynch (2) - Emily WW, Vern WW

Jake WW (2) - Lucy WW, Patrick WW,

Brendan (2) - Derry WW, Steve WW

Mary WW (2) - Gertrude WW, Eva WW

Steve WW (1) - Mary WW

Clodagh WW (1) - Isla WW

Tegan WW (1) - Katie WW

Katie WW (1) - Tegan WW

Phil WW (1) - Fiona WW

Fiona WW (1) - Clodagh WW

Gabriel WW (1) - Gabriel WW - SELF VOTE

Vote incomplete - Brendan WW - No vote registered as a result - automatic 2 vote penalty on next lynch

The votes are above. In both cases, you have voted well below the radar. You have came out on thread with very very fluffy reasons as to why - reasoning that I don't really understand all that much. You aren't pushing your reasoning at all - just a post here and there, almost like you don't want it to gain any traction.

Orla WW wrote: »
    I explained this. I mentioned her 3 times before I voted. Tegan said do it if it feels right. But Tegan didn't sway who I voted for, just that I vote at all. I mentioned already that I went on gut and trusting a poster. The person I trusted most was Nigel.
    In my defence I was late trying to protect Nigel but I did try protect him. Like I say I am new enough to the game and everybody was jumping "hair trigger like" over people but I did try to say hold off on Nigel people. I didn't vote because I was going to vote for Barbara if I did at all and I didn't really think she was a wolf.

Gabriel? Why so?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Lynch votes.....

Lucy WW (8) - Doris WW, Frank WW, Orla WW, Jake WW, Angus WW, Conor WW, Phil WW, Nigel WW

No Lynch (3) - Emily WW, Vernon WW, Brendan WW

Steve WW (1) - Mary WW

Clodagh WW (1) - Isla WW

Tegan WW (1) - Katie WW

Katie WW (1) - Tegan WW

Phil WW (1) - Fiona WW

Ok let's have a look at Day 1 again anyways.

Fiona on Phil a pure village vote. There honestly doesn't seem to be a counter wagon so I think one wolf on Lucy at most and the others spread.

The Mary votes still intrigue me tbh, I know I discussed it with both yesterday but did Mary even address the votes?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Sorry to hear about the guinea pig.

I am in agreement re: the scanner - the wolves are going to spread their votes, and would be stupid to vote on a wagon.

I don't get that Derry. I mean I agree they may want to spread their votes. I see a few possible scenarios:

a) they try and combine onto one (or two main wagons) in which case if one of them is scanning we know there is at least one wolf in a group of likely 4/5 on the top two lynch candidates. That gives us 20/25% chance of getting the wolf, or maybe more if they combine.

b) they avoid the main wagons and spread out, that main wagon is scanned and no wolves on it. This gives us a group of 4/5 villagers. However, if T-1000 dies and still has a life left then these villagers are no longer sure things. Although on the plus side that would mean that only 1 of the 4/5 is untrustworthy and we could look elsewhere.

Now the above is based on the assumption that the scanner is good and lets for the moment assume they are. I wonder if a different approach might work - nominate one person to scan. Treat it as a seer peek. Any more than 1 (or at a push two) and the chances of T-1000 taking over our cleared village group get higher. The upside is we might catch a wolf and know we have. The downsides are that we can potentially have just cleared one when we could have gotten more. The wolves can just kill that one person and we no longer have anyone cleared. Additionally it would require consensus from the village on arranging the one person to be chosen to be scanned. The more I think of it the less I'm convince it's a good plan but wanted to put it out there.

Conor WW wrote: »
    I
    Now the above is based on the assumption that the scanner is good and lets for the moment assume they are. I wonder if a different approach might work - nominate one person to scan. Treat it as a seer peek. Any more than 1 (or at a push two) and the chances of T-1000 taking over our cleared village group get higher. The upside is we might catch a wolf and know we have. The downsides are that we can potentially have just cleared one when we could have gotten more. The wolves can just kill that one person and we no longer have anyone cleared. Additionally it would require consensus from the village on arranging the one person to be chosen to be scanned. The more I think of it the less I'm convince it's a good plan but wanted to put it out there.

This *might* work. Potential downsides. With only one voter, wolves will simply munch them if they get cleared.

With 2, if there is a wolf detected it is a low number of lynches needed to to correctly id the wolf. If there is no wolf detected, then 2 clear but the issue is whether the scanner holder can be trusted.

Dead

Lucy WW 53 Monday Lynch
    Katie WW 17 Tuesday Munch
    Nigel WW 126 Tuesday Lynch
    Fiona WW 79 Munch - Rolled Villager JOAT
    Frank WW 74 Shot by Sarah Connor and Conor - Bullet
    Isla WW 61 Shot bullet
    Phil WW 35 Shot Bullet

Competition Winner

Conor Mon
    Nigel Tues
    Derry Weds

Post count

Barbara WW 152
    Steve WW 150
    Emily WW 131
    Derry WW 128
    Clodagh WW 122
    Angus WW 102
    Eva WW 100
    Jake WW 89
    Gabriel WW 82
    Tegan WW 77
    Vernon WW 70
    Doris WW 64
    Conor WW 63
    Mary WW 60
    Gertrude WW 60
    Orla WW 55
    Brendan WW 42
    Patrick WW 33

Since winging it isn't working, I am trying to put some information together for myself and will share what might be helpful. At the moment only person I really have a good lean on is Conor, but considering I have played a mare it doesnt mean much.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Steve, can you remind me again why you voted for me ?

You said, before the vote
    Kinda feel like there's a massive wagon building on Nidge here so I'm gonna move my vote to Emily. I have my reasons

Are your "reasons" that Nigel gave you a power and he voted for me and you voted for me because you wanted to save Nigel and just trusted Nigel's judgement (that is you had no actual opinion on me, just wanted to save Nigel)?

Emily WW wrote: »
    Steve, can you remind me again why you voted for me ?

You said, before the vote

Are your "reasons" that Nigel gave you a power and he voted for me and you voted for me because you wanted to save Nigel and just trusted Nigel's judgement (that is you had no actual opinion on me, just wanted to save Nigel)?

That's exactly it, I voted to save Nigel. It didn't help you were being very defensive all of yesterday from the contest onwards. Monday I thought you were good, but that lean changed as the day went on.

Opinion has changed again on you with the no self press and indeed the fact you didn't go anywhere last night, I'm back to leaning village for you tbh.

I haven't voted yet but I'm trying to weigh up our best options right now.

• Advertisement

That's exactly it, I voted to save Nigel. It didn't help you were being very defensive all of yesterday from the contest onwards. Monday I thought you were good, but that lean changed as the day went on.

Opinion has changed again on you with the no self press and indeed the fact you didn't go anywhere last night, I'm back to leaning village for you tbh.

I haven't voted yet but I'm trying to weigh up our best options right now.

Thanks for clarifying. Do you mind me asking what you think of Brendan ?

You voted for him night 1 and he voted for you night 2, what's going on there ?

Clodagh

Tell me how you got from this
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Tegan and Vernon are currently my top two picks for wolves.

Barbara...well I have my reasons for believing in Barbara but I am also concerned that I am being totally suckered.

I'm going to go and add to my notes on everyone for whatever good that will do.

to being much more comfortable here?
    Village leans:
    Babs
    Emily
    Derry
    Conor

Beyond that either evil or not sure.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

This *might* work. Potential downsides. With only one voter, wolves will simply munch them if they get cleared.

With 2, if there is a wolf detected it is a low number of lynches needed to to correctly id the wolf. If there is no wolf detected, then 2 clear but the issue is whether the scanner holder can be trusted.

Yeah, that's why I'm wary of it. The issue of the scanner holder being trusted and then no cleared accounts being taken over sort of doom it for any more than 2 (and 2 would be a push).

Clodagh

Tell me how you got from this

to being much more comfortable here?

I went and made my notes.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

5 votes in now. I've put another vote on Tegan but no guarantees it'll stay there.
    Barbara WW wrote: »
    Vote in for Doris but if Gabriel keeps up the drivel posts I may swap.
    Doris WW wrote: »
    I voted for Barbara.
    Vernon WW wrote: »
    Voted for Babs
    Brendan WW wrote: »
    I voted for Doris this morning when she admitted to being a wolf but I've since changed to Vernon.

I'm happy to vote for any of the 4 I mentioned previously (Doris, Jake, Vernon, Steve).

everyone wanna share their votes so the scanner person can use that info to make a reasonable use of it.

i've not voted yet

Emily WW wrote: »
    Thanks for clarifying. Do you mind me asking what you think of Brendan ?

You voted for him night 1 and he voted for you night 2, what's going on there ?

I'm not sure on Brendan, honest truth. I think New Brendan's posting has been much better, but tbf that wouldn't be hard given Old Brendan posted about 4 times total, two of them asking for the lynch form.

I don't like that he thanked my post with my explanation and then tried to spin it like I hadn't provided any reasoning today.

As for him voting me, well it makes as much sense him being a wolf or a villager tbh, I was leaning on him pretty hard night 1 and was considering doing the same thing night 2 before he appeared and explained his original post

Lynch votes Day 2

Nigel WW (4)- Vernon WW, Phil WW, Frank WW, Isla WW

Phil WW (3) - Tegan WW, Gertrude WW, Fiona WW

Emily WW (3) - Steve WW, Nigel WW, Eva WW

Isla WW (2) - Derry WW, Mary WW

No Lynch (2) - Orla WW, Jake WW

Barbara WW (2) Doris WW, Angus WW

Angus WW (2) - Patrick WW, Gabriel WW,

Tegan WW (2) - Conor WW, Clodagh WW

Steve WW (1) - Brendan WW

Eva WW (1) - Emily WW

Day 1 Lynch votes

No Lynch (2) - Emily WW, Vern WW

Steve WW (1) - Mary WW

Clodagh WW (1) - Isla WW

Tegan WW (1) - Katie WW

Katie WW (1) - Tegan WW

Phil WW (1) - Fiona WW

Vote incomplete - Brendan WW - No vote registered as a result - automatic 2 vote penalty on next lynch

The votes are above. In both cases, you have voted well below the radar. You have came out on thread with very very fluffy reasons as to why - reasoning that I don't really understand all that much. You aren't pushing your reasoning at all - just a post here and there, almost like you don't want it to gain any traction.

so lets look at that - Day1 is by definition a bit wolly - i said as much but still gave a reason for my choices. Day 2 I detailed my reasons nice and early based on a review of the votes (that I'd promised I'd do) what in that read do you disagree with? what's your view on the argument I presented

Cause it looks like youre fishing to see if you might be able to start a mislynch wagon and then skulk away

I went and made my notes.

A little bit of detail as to whats in those notes to change your mind would be useful.....

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    everyone wanna share their votes so the scanner person can use that info to make a reasonable use of it.

i've not voted yet

Nor me. Thinking of going Vernon currently mind, I'm convinced there's a wolf on Nigel's wagon and Vern is the only surviving member of said wagon

• Advertisement

Gabriel WW wrote: »

i've not voted yet

My current vote is on clodagh

Advertisement