Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator Werewolf - Game thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Sorry, forgot the smiley in my last post, was being a smart arse.

I read back over everything. I looked at votes, at where the munch victims were poking, at a load of stuff really.

Tegan, Vernon, and you, Patrick, are my FFA.

I find Gabriel a bit suspicious.

Steve and Eva are neutral to village but voting has me concerned.

Mary I have no read on. Brendan is the same. Angus...again, really not sure either way. Orla and Jake are newbies and I find them impossible to read because of that.

My village leans
    Barbara for reasons
    Emily because voting
    Derry is general agreement with what he says
    Conor is there because he built credit but he is down because that could've been a tactic.

Am I missing anyone? Away from laptop at the moment. I need my notes to give more details and I'm making dinner at the moment.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Ok folks, I'm going to play my bi-weekly bingo game with my granny now so I won't be around for the next hour/90 minutes/2 hours depending on chats after the game. I have a vote in for barbara and I doubt that's going to change. If you need to vote for me then so be it. But I'm not a wolf. I'm not even especially hairy.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    everyone wanna share their votes so the scanner person can use that info to make a reasonable use of it.

i've not voted yet

My vote is currently on Barbara, I've seen nothing today from her to change my mind from yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    Nor me. Thinking of going Vernon currently mind, I'm convinced there's a wolf on Nigel's wagon and Vern is the only surviving member of said wagon

You may be right about Vernon, is there anything else suspect about him ?

You see, I am not good at Wagonomics, but as I said earlier before Phil was shot, if Phil turns up good, I am not sure there is any wolves in the Nigel Wagon. Phil being good (I know I am good) means that there were three villagers up for lynch last night. The wolves knew Nigel was good and it was going to look stupid when the village killed a villager who had admitted to winning a prize with 3 bullets. Its not inconceivable a wolf jumped in on Nigel, but it seems awfully unfortunate that the village would offload the 3 villagers out of that 4.

I do not know why but Mary and to a lesser degree Tegan are niggling me for some reason. Since my gut has been awful and my memory poor I cant put my finger on it. I feel there is really good players behind the characters, but I feel they have been holding back on influencing the village. We need good players to start standing up and coming up with good reads. I would be thinking these two are worth taking out (less so Tegan as Tegan has been targeted a bit in lynchs) if I was on the wolf team, but for some reason Mary has been frugal with her involvement.

I was wondering if this was a cheeky wolf starting the thread with a BR joke:
    Mary WW wrote: »
    Anyone want to own up to being a furball?

I suppose in role hunting, what do the wolves have to fear at this stage ? I suppose Sarah Conor is the one who can do the most damage, particularly given their advantage. So I would imagine the wolves killing and targeting somebody who might be onto them on some level may be worth just as much at this stage.

In my next post I will try to look at what motivates a wolf and 10 things a wolf looks for in a target that they also look for in a partner. Stay tuned .

I joke because I am insecure. I am insecure and so eat alot. When I eat alot I get tired. When I get tired I get narky. When I get narky I cant think straight. When I cant think straight, I login to WW and get into arguments.. .:(

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

derry, you need to reveal who you gave the scanner to (if you did give it away), be that tonight or at 9.59am in the morning.

cos if that person dont reveal, its almost guaranteed the person you chose is a wolf.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

derry, you need to reveal who you gave the scanner to (if you did give it away), be that tonight or at 9.59am in the morning.

cos if that person dont reveal, its almost guaranteed the person you chose is a wolf.

Tbh he needs to declare who he gave what too.

Even the munch protect is gift so just by saying he gave it to X doesn't mean X is protected

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Vernon's votes are: No Lynch (night 1), Nigel (night 2).

Nothing overtly wrong in those votes, though I do feel Nigel's openness about winning the contest and who he gave the gifts to should have given him credit for at least last night's lynch. I think it's also easy a stubborn villager would see Nigel waving his gun around the place as a defence as wolfy, but looking beyond the posts of the person is important and taking in the whole context.

On Mary, as I mentioned she picked up two votes on night 1 and I'm not sure if she ever actually addressed it at all.

I'm ok with Tegan I think. The excited 'I want to shoot somebody' quickly followed by 'Wolves of course' or something like that is a little bit of a worry, but overall I think their posting is fairly consistent and villagery

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Nor me. Thinking of going Vernon currently mind, I'm convinced there's a wolf on Nigel's wagon and Vern is the only surviving member of said wagon

Remember Jake was on it too and jumped off last second to No Lynch

Emily WW wrote: »
    You may be right about Vernon, is there anything else suspect about him ?

You see, I am not good at Wagonomics, but as I said earlier before Phil was shot, if Phil turns up good, I am not sure there is any wolves in the Nigel Wagon. Phil being good (I know I am good) means that there were three villagers up for lynch last night. The wolves knew Nigel was good and it was going to look stupid when the village killed a villager who had admitted to winning a prize with 3 bullets. Its not inconceivable a wolf jumped in on Nigel, but it seems awfully unfortunate that the village would offload the 3 villagers out of that 4.

I do not know why but Mary and to a lesser degree Tegan are niggling me for some reason. Since my gut has been awful and my memory poor I cant put my finger on it. I feel there is really good players behind the characters, but I feel they have been holding back on influencing the village. We need good players to start standing up and coming up with good reads. I would be thinking these two are worth taking out (less so Tegan as Tegan has been targeted a bit in lynchs) if I was on the wolf team, but for some reason Mary has been frugal with her involvement.

I was wondering if this was a cheeky wolf starting the thread with a BR joke:

I suppose in role hunting, what do the wolves have to fear at this stage ? I suppose Sarah Conor is the one who can do the most damage, particularly given their advantage. So I would imagine the wolves killing and targeting somebody who might be onto them on some level may be worth just as much at this stage.

In my next post I will try to look at what motivates a wolf and 10 things a wolf looks for in a target that they also look for in a partner. Stay tuned .

I joke because I am insecure. I am insecure and so eat alot. When I eat alot I get tired. When I get tired I get narky. When I get narky I cant think straight. When I cant think straight, I login to WW and get into arguments.. .:(

sound like the path to the dark side. are you on the dark side?

is that other part serious? what motivates a wolf?

• Advertisement

Derry WW wrote: »
    Remember Jake was on it too and jumped off last second to No Lynch

That's true. What you thinking Derry. We should probably hold off any talk of reveals of who has what till post lynch imo at this point, otherwise it's going to be a distraction imo anyways

Nothing overtly wrong in those votes, though I do feel Nigel's openness about winning the contest and who he gave the gifts to should have given him credit for at least last night's lynch. I think it's also easy a stubborn villager would see Nigel waving his gun around the place as a defence as wolfy, but looking beyond the posts of the person is important and taking in the whole context.

On Mary, as I mentioned she picked up two votes on night 1 and I'm not sure if she ever actually addressed it at all.

I'm ok with Tegan I think. The excited 'I want to shoot somebody' quickly followed by 'Wolves of course' or something like that is a little bit of a worry, but overall I think their posting is fairly consistent and villagery

thats what makes me weary of derry

hmm, yeh I am trying to even "clear" people somewhat as I have very little to go on. I feel that those who voted for Phil might of been villagers. It was a CFD instigated by a villager. I think because wolves were safe last night, they prob got their votes in early enough and in safe places (away from Phil and Nigel). We have nothing at the moment, so I am going to try and take out Vernon (who went in hard on Nigel), Tegan and Gertie.

I sort of feel that Conor, Steve and Jake have a bit of a village lean just for things I am spotting while trying to find some angles.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

#FFA3
    I think I'd have my main suspects would be
    Tegan - it was that comment that Clodagh brought to my attention in which Tegan posted again to say she wanted to shoot a wolf. Additionally potentially would have wanted Katie dead.
    Doris/Angus - this is based on the wagonomics assumption of 2 wolves on the lucy wagon, I'm not really sure why but I just like the feel of Angus. Doesn't seem like a wolf to me although that's fairly hard to explain. So I'd have Doris as the more likely here.
    Jake/Orla - again, based on the wagonomics below. I think Jake might be the more likely of the two here due to the way they jumped off of Nigel. Having said that it was quite frenetic for a wolf at the end. Maybe it was a plan with vernon that one would be adament it was nigel and the other would doubt it late.
    Vernon - I almost decided to shoot vernon last night, but the more I read of the end of day the less I was convinced. Not cleared him, but he'd probably drop out of the main suspects.

Conor WW wrote: »
    Taking the lynch results from the Angel Gabriel. There seems to be chat about the wolves mostly avoiding Lucy on day 1, but I'd suggest there might be multiple wolves in there. Doris and Angus both voted together for Lucy and then Barbara, whereas Orla and Jake both vote Lucy and then no lynch. Perhaps they moved together as a wolf pairing but I think it more likely that 1 of each pairing is a wolf.

Day One

Lucy WW (8) - Doris WW, Frank WW, Orla WW, Jake WW, Angus WW, Conor WW, Phil WW, Nigel WW

No Lynch (2) - Emily WW, Vern WW

Jake WW (2) - Lucy WW, Patrick WW,

Brendan (2) - Derry WW, Steve WW

Mary WW (2) - Gertrude WW, Eva WW

Steve WW (1) - Mary WW

Clodagh WW (1) - Isla WW

Tegan WW (1) - Katie WW

Katie WW (1) - Tegan WW

Phil WW (1) - Fiona WW

Fiona WW (1) - Clodagh WW

Gabriel WW (1) - Gabriel WW - SELF VOTE

Doris WW (1) - Barbara WW

Vote incomplete - Brendan WW - No vote registered as a result - automatic 2 vote penalty on next lynch

Day Two

Nigel WW (4) - Vernon WW, Phil WW, Frank WW, Isla WW

Phil WW (3) - Tegan WW, Gertrude WW, Fiona WW

Emily WW (3) - Steve WW, Nigel WW, Eva WW

Isla WW (2) - Derry WW, Mary WW

No Lynch (2) - Orla WW, Jake WW

Barbara WW (2) Doris WW, Angus WW

Angus WW (2) - Patrick WW, Gabriel WW,

Tegan WW (2) - Conor WW, Clodagh WW

Steve WW (1) - Brendan WW

Eva WW (1) - Emily WW

Doris WW (1) - Barbara WW

hmm, yeh I am trying to even "clear" people somewhat as I have very little to go on. I feel that those who voted for Phil might of been villagers. It was a CFD instigated by a villager. I think because wolves were safe last night, they prob got their votes in early enough and in safe places (away from Phil and Nigel). We have nothing at the moment, so I am going to try and take out Vernon (who went in hard on Nigel), Tegan and Gertie.

I sort of feel that Conor, Steve and Jake have a bit of a village lean just for things I am spotting while trying to find some angles.

By this logic Steve and Eva (whom I am still really unsure of) would also be best to put aside.

So I would be focusing less on Steve, Eva, Gertie, Tegan, Conor, Jake and Vernon. If there is more then 2 wolves in that list I am finished with WW. :P

That's true. What you thinking Derry. We should probably hold off any talk of reveals of who has what till post lynch imo at this point, otherwise it's going to be a distraction imo anyways

Why should it turn into a distraction? And should only really be analysised after the moves have been made known

thats what makes me weary of derry

Dont worry Gabriel, I'll be revealing.... just not yet. We all saw what happened Nigel last night be ause he had a gun. Any talk of who has what now is only noise around the real aim... who are the wolves and who is voting what so we can place the scanner.

is that other part serious? what motivates a wolf?

The first part was serious, last few paragraphs were rambling streams of sad consciousness.

He should have revealed who got what already

Angus WW wrote: »
    Why should it turn into a distraction? And should only really be analysised after the moves have been made known

Last night was a sh1t show because of the willy waving around the guns, I'd prefer to avoid that tbh

• Advertisement

Angus WW wrote: »

I know who has what, and I'll tell everyone before the lynch. But only just before. Any reveal before that will allow wolves to strategise.
    And Gabriel, you seem to be the one pushing very hard on this, if a villager I dont see how it will affect your play.

Last night was a sh1t show because of the willy waving around the guns, I'd prefer to avoid that tbh

Fair enough, Derry has also confirmed that they will be revealed just not at the moment so we can leave it at that and not get into it so

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Tbh he needs to declare who he gave what too.

Even the munch protect is gift so just by saying he gave it to X doesn't mean X is protected

Babs claimed earlier to have received the munch protect and is protecting Emily

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Thank you, Mary.

I agree.

We got rid of the most village-y person last night and whether people like it or not, Conor and I are the most village-y people left.

I agree with this post

I've got my vote my vote on you at the moment. I dont trust you at all

1. Your posting of the code on thread but not actually pm mods on day was bizarre if true
    2. Your reasoning for voting Emily are basically, Nigel gave me a prize so I followed him. I have no idea why Nigel would even give you a prize, did he actually flag it anywhere?
    3. You've been extremely non committal to anyone and regularly fall back to Brendan on both day 1 and day 2 before diving on Emily spuriously

Conor WW wrote: »
    #FFA3
    I think I'd have my main suspects would be
    Tegan - it was that comment that Clodagh brought to my attention in which Tegan posted again to say she wanted to shoot a wolf. Additionally potentially would have wanted Katie dead.
    Doris/Angus - this is based on the wagonomics assumption of 2 wolves on the lucy wagon, I'm not really sure why but I just like the feel of Angus. Doesn't seem like a wolf to me although that's fairly hard to explain. So I'd have Doris as the more likely here.
    Jake/Orla - again, based on the wagonomics below. I think Jake might be the more likely of the two here due to the way they jumped off of Nigel. Having said that it was quite frenetic for a wolf at the end. Maybe it was a plan with vernon that one would be adament it was nigel and the other would doubt it late.
    Vernon - I almost decided to shoot vernon last night, but the more I read of the end of day the less I was convinced. Not cleared him, but he'd probably drop out of the main suspects.

what was quite frenetic for a wolf at the end?

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Babs claimed earlier to have received the munch protect and is protecting Emily

Derry also told her to stop trolling, I personally believe that was a play to disrupt the discussion. As Derry had said he had to pop out, so i presume Babs thought he wouldn't be there to stop it before it got out of hand again

I am just not cut out for this.

tenor.gif

I'm think you're new Emily so I wouldn't worry too much. Werewolf is one of those games where it's wicked easy to get caught up in your thoughts and arguments. Sometimes it's easy to forget that the wolves have the job of making villagers look like wolves. Important to take breaks from the game and talk to real people and go for a walk. It can be very consuming especially in games that last more than a day or two.

But don't worry about getting caught up in things. Happens everyone. :)

1. Your posting of the code on thread but not actually pm mods on day was bizarre if true
    2. Your reasoning for voting Emily are basically, Nigel gave me a prize so I followed him. I have no idea why Nigel would even give you a prize, did he actually flag it anywhere?
    3. You've been extremely non committal to anyone and regularly fall back to Brendan on both day 1 and day 2 before diving on Emily spuriously

Yes to all of this

• Advertisement

Am I supposed to respond to this?

I've explained the code. Believe it or don't, not much I can really do there.

The Emily vote I've also given reasons, elaborated this evening. Again not much more I can do there, fair enough if you don't believe me.

The last point is daft, I voted Brendan night 1 for voting and not declaring, I had a placeholder on him early on yesterday and moved to protect who I felt was a villager based on their actions on thread.

Advertisement