Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator Werewolf - Game thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    I don't get that Derry. I mean I agree they may want to spread their votes. I see a few possible scenarios:

a) they try and combine onto one (or two main wagons) in which case if one of them is scanning we know there is at least one wolf in a group of likely 4/5 on the top two lynch candidates. That gives us 20/25% chance of getting the wolf, or maybe more if they combine.

b) they avoid the main wagons and spread out, that main wagon is scanned and no wolves on it. This gives us a group of 4/5 villagers. However, if T-1000 dies and still has a life left then these villagers are no longer sure things. Although on the plus side that would mean that only 1 of the 4/5 is untrustworthy and we could look elsewhere.

Now the above is based on the assumption that the scanner is good and lets for the moment assume they are. I wonder if a different approach might work - nominate one person to scan. Treat it as a seer peek. Any more than 1 (or at a push two) and the chances of T-1000 taking over our cleared village group get higher. The upside is we might catch a wolf and know we have. The downsides are that we can potentially have just cleared one when we could have gotten more. The wolves can just kill that one person and we no longer have anyone cleared. Additionally it would require consensus from the village on arranging the one person to be chosen to be scanned. The more I think of it the less I'm convince it's a good plan but wanted to put it out there.

I've also been considering this.

So village, what is the consensus?
    Do we treat it as a seer peel, pick someone with low votes in the certainty that we get a yes/no on a player? Or go for somewhere that there are 4 or 5 votes on?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    what was quite frenetic for a wolf at the end?

Nigel was a villager, Phil was a villager. I'd expect a bit more indecision at the end if there was a wolf up for lynch at the end. I don't currently have emily pegged as a wolf and she was the other wagon, so the above doesn't seem to be the case. So why the indecision on thread? My best theory if they're a wolf is that it was planned indecision. That would be linked to my thoughts if Vernon is a wolf, they'd only have one on Nigel and then another who helped push Nigel but then jumped off.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    I agree with this post
    I'm think you're new Emily so I wouldn't worry too much. Werewolf is one of those games where it's wicked easy to get caught up in your thoughts and arguments. Sometimes it's easy to forget that the wolves have the job of making villagers look like wolves. Important to take breaks from the game and talk to real people and go for a walk. It can be very consuming especially in games that last more than a day or two.

But don't worry about getting caught up in things. Happens everyone. :)
    Yes to all of this

pockety.

and why do you think emily is new?

Eva WW wrote: »
    I've got my vote my vote on you at the moment. I dont trust you at all

1. Your posting of the code on thread but not actually pm mods on day was bizarre if true
    2. Your reasoning for voting Emily are basically, Nigel gave me a prize so I followed him. I have no idea why Nigel would even give you a prize, did he actually flag it anywhere?
    3. You've been extremely non committal to anyone and regularly fall back to Brendan on both day 1 and day 2 before diving on Emily spuriously

I understand the Brendan piece, I was on that with him. Not an in defence pot here, rather I was the same.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Theory on Barbara Doris

They've been pretty much at each other since day 1. Why, over feck all really. Feels somewhat staged to me to be honest. Neither were ever really in danger of being lynched on either night. Babs voted Doris on both nights. Doris had no real traction for a vote from anyone else and Babs stayed on that vote. Didn't jump at all.

Babs then receives a gun, shes been strong headed up until then, then jumps on board with village concensus. To me there's a world of difference between a throw away vote on a team mate or even bussing them on lynch to downright shooting them. Same team is my thoughts, Doris the potential Alpha IMO

• Advertisement

Derry WW wrote: »
    I've also been considering this.

So village, what is the consensus?
    Do we treat it as a seer peel, pick someone with low votes in the certainty that we get a yes/no on a player? Or go for somewhere that there are 4 or 5 votes on?

someone with 3/4 is prob optimal.

someone with 1 vote is near pointless IMO.

2..somewhere in between

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    Out of character for one post - genuinely sorry to hear about your Guinea Pig. I had them when I was a kid and I fecking loved them, there's no "only a guinea pig" about it. Hope you're doing OK.

And I realise that may look slightly suss given you've voted me so to be clear, I'm not challenging that, leave it on me.

Thank you. See even wolfs can play nice :D

Angus WW wrote: »
    Derry also told her to stop trolling, I personally believe that was a play to disrupt the discussion. As Derry had said he had to pop out, so i presume Babs thought he wouldn't be there to stop it before it got out of hand again

Babs is doing her best to drag thread off topic and is goading for a reaction.
    The reactions tell a lot, so can see why she is doing it.

hope the guinea is okay

follow that thought through for a second. if no wolves would be on a wagon, we could clear 4/5 villagers in one foul swoop.

i think its best to use the scanner on someone who has 3/4 votes.

Yeah that makes sense. Much better thought process than my own

Steve WW wrote: »
    Am I supposed to respond to this?

I've explained the code. Believe it or don't, not much I can really do there.

The Emily vote I've also given reasons, elaborated this evening. Again not much more I can do there, fair enough if you don't believe me.

The last point is daft, I voted Brendan night 1 for voting and not declaring, I had a placeholder on him early on yesterday and moved to protect who I felt was a villager based on their actions on thread.

Youd a placeholder on Brendan but you did nothing to look at anyone else at all?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Youd a placeholder on Brendan but you did nothing to look at anyone else at all?

Well that simply isn't true, I explored the world of Nigel being a wolf and completely dismissed it after a few posts. What do you want me to say here, I'm playing catch up each evening I can only do so much unfortunately

Nigel was a villager, Phil was a villager. I'd expect a bit more indecision at the end if there was a wolf up for lynch at the end. I don't currently have emily pegged as a wolf and she was the other wagon, so the above doesn't seem to be the case. So why the indecision on thread? My best theory if they're a wolf is that it was planned indecision. That would be linked to my thoughts if Vernon is a wolf, they'd only have one on Nigel and then another who helped push Nigel but then jumped off.

This is also my thinking on the Jake move. There was no reason whatsoever to jump off Nigel that late in the game to No Lynch.

Well that simply isn't true, I explored the world of Nigel being a wolf and completely dismissed it after a few posts. What do you want me to say here, I'm playing catch up each evening I can only do so much unfortunately

It doesn't matter what you say I suppose. I get your playing catch up in the evening but as top posters I get nothing villagery from you at the moment, sorry

#FFA3
    I think I'd have my main suspects would be
    Tegan - it was that comment that Clodagh brought to my attention in which Tegan posted again to say she wanted to shoot a wolf. Additionally potentially would have wanted Katie dead.
    Doris/Angus - this is based on the wagonomics assumption of 2 wolves on the lucy wagon, I'm not really sure why but I just like the feel of Angus. Doesn't seem like a wolf to me although that's fairly hard to explain. So I'd have Doris as the more likely here.
    Jake/Orla - again, based on the wagonomics below. I think Jake might be the more likely of the two here due to the way they jumped off of Nigel. Having said that it was quite frenetic for a wolf at the end. Maybe it was a plan with vernon that one would be adament it was nigel and the other would doubt it late.
    Vernon - I almost decided to shoot vernon last night, but the more I read of the end of day the less I was convinced. Not cleared him, but he'd probably drop out of the main suspects.
    what was quite frenetic for a wolf at the end?

so one the one hand it was frenetic for a wolf, but on the other hand you would expect more indecision if there was a wolf in the firing line?
    just reads weirdly to me.

what do you mean by frenetic for a wolf in the end?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

I'm think you're new Emily so I wouldn't worry too much. Werewolf is one of those games where it's wicked easy to get caught up in your thoughts and arguments. Sometimes it's easy to forget that the wolves have the job of making villagers look like wolves. Important to take breaks from the game and talk to real people and go for a walk. It can be very consuming especially in games that last more than a day or two.

But don't worry about getting caught up in things. Happens everyone. :)

Oh god this game is killing me. Thanks for the intentional kind words, my post was sort of tongue in cheek.

I’m definitely not a new player , just sh*t. Now I feel even sh*tter, like special needs monkey sh*t! I’m convinced now that anybody who thinks I’m a villager worth keeping alive has to be a wolf!

havent voted yet, but leaning towards conor, brendan or emily.

It doesn't matter what you say I suppose. I get your playing catch up in the evening but as top posters I get nothing villagery from you at the moment, sorry

That's my point, you've your mind made up on me already and I'm not the type to derail the conversation by fighting with someone over it tbh.

I've put my reasons for what I've done on thread and people can either accept them or not, there isn't much more I can do. We've all collectively been awful so far as a village tbh so nobody is getting much credit from me for the first few days

Only person I was confident on being a villager yesterday was Nigel and ye lynched him :(

Ok let's have a look at Day 1 again anyways.

Fiona on Phil a pure village vote. There honestly doesn't seem to be a counter wagon so I think one wolf on Lucy at most and the others spread.

The Mary votes still intrigue me tbh, I know I discussed it with both yesterday but did Mary even address the votes?

Nope I didn't. Why shouldn't they have voted for me. There's as much a chance that I'm a wolf as anyone else *shrug*

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    Derry also told her to stop trolling, I personally believe that was a play to disrupt the discussion. As Derry had said he had to pop out, so i presume Babs thought he wouldn't be there to stop it before it got out of hand again

Another brutal reading of the game.

That's my point, you've your mind made up on me already and I'm not the type to derail the conversation by fighting with someone over it tbh.

I've put my reasons for what I've done on thread and people can either accept them or not, there isn't much more I can do. We've all collectively been awful so far as a village tbh so nobody is getting much credit from me for the first few days

Only person I was confident on being a villager yesterday was Nigel and ye lynched him :(

I didnt!

• Advertisement

I didnt!

Sorry, not you personally but the ones who voted him

This is also my thinking on the Jake move. There was no reason whatsoever to jump off Nigel that late in the game to No Lynch.

I'm voting for Jake

If you havent guessed already, I kept the scanner for myself as I am the only person I can trust.
    Be grateful if everyone could post who they are voting for so I can place the scanner.
    Thanks a bunch peeps.

As stated, I'm voting for Jake, as him jumping off the Nigel wagon at the last minute just screams of a wolf trying to hide.

If you havent guessed already, I kept the scanner for myself as I am the only person I can trust.
    Be grateful if everyone could post who they are voting for so I can place the scanner.
    Thanks a bunch peeps.

As stated, I'm voting for Jake, as him jumping off the Nigel wagon at the last minute just screams of a wolf trying to hide.

how do you know he jumped off at the last minute? was it not established that the vote results are not based upon vote times?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

so one the one hand it was frenetic for a wolf, but on the other hand you would expect more indecision if there was a wolf in the firing line?
    just reads weirdly to me.

what do you mean by frenetic for a wolf in the end?

Sorry, probably poorly phrased. I'd expect indecision if there was a wolf in the firing line because a fellow wolf wouldn't quite know what the best plan was - bus a teammate, or try to save them. I don't currently think Emily is a wolf, so I don't think there was a wolf up last night. Hence, why I think him being frenetic is either that he's a villager who genuinely wasn't sure of what to do or it was a plan to look like he was a flailing villager.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

how do you know he jumped off at the last minute? was it not established that the vote results are not based upon vote times?

Because he said so

Thanks a bunch peeps.

and everyone please declare by 8.45 to give derry a chance to collate and make the best decision.
    if you dont, it will look very wolfy

Jake WW wrote: »
    Crap, I hate this. I still believe I'm right but I've changed my vote

I've gone no lynch because I have nothing else, I've been locked on Nigel. Still kind of am...

@Gabriel he jumped off at 2 mins to 9 last night

Emily WW wrote: »
    You may be right about Vernon, is there anything else suspect about him ?

You see, I am not good at Wagonomics, but as I said earlier before Phil was shot, if Phil turns up good, I am not sure there is any wolves in the Nigel Wagon. Phil being good (I know I am good) means that there were three villagers up for lynch last night. The wolves knew Nigel was good and it was going to look stupid when the village killed a villager who had admitted to winning a prize with 3 bullets. Its not inconceivable a wolf jumped in on Nigel, but it seems awfully unfortunate that the village would offload the 3 villagers out of that 4.

I do not know why but Mary and to a lesser degree Tegan are niggling me for some reason. Since my gut has been awful and my memory poor I cant put my finger on it. I feel there is really good players behind the characters, but I feel they have been holding back on influencing the village. We need good players to start standing up and coming up with good reads. I would be thinking these two are worth taking out (less so Tegan as Tegan has been targeted a bit in lynchs) if I was on the wolf team, but for some reason Mary has been frugal with her involvement.

I was wondering if this was a cheeky wolf starting the thread with a BR joke:

I suppose in role hunting, what do the wolves have to fear at this stage ? I suppose Sarah Conor is the one who can do the most damage, particularly given their advantage. So I would imagine the wolves killing and targeting somebody who might be onto them on some level may be worth just as much at this stage.

In my next post I will try to look at what motivates a wolf and 10 things a wolf looks for in a target that they also look for in a partner. Stay tuned .

I joke because I am insecure. I am insecure and so eat alot. When I eat alot I get tired. When I get tired I get narky. When I get narky I cant think straight. When I cant think straight, I login to WW and get into arguments.. .:(

Haven't much to defend myself against your reasoning with. My minds not been fully on the game this week and no I haven't been as involved as I could/should have been. I will say it would have been very easy for me to jump on one of the wagons last night and I didn't. I have been open about any leans I've had, and I've stuck with them. If you, and others, feel I need to be flipped for the good of the village, then so be it. That's how I feel about Jake. You're wrong about me. I could be wrong about Jake. It's all just guess work at the end of the day.

• Advertisement

I'm voting Vernon presently but either him or Jake for me tonight too

Advertisement