Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator Werewolf - Game thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Sorry, probably poorly phrased. I'd expect indecision if there was a wolf in the firing line because a fellow wolf wouldn't quite know what the best plan was - bus a teammate, or try to save them. I don't currently think Emily is a wolf, so I don't think there was a wolf up last night. Hence, why I think him being frenetic is either that he's a villager who genuinely wasn't sure of what to do or it was a plan to look like he was a flailing villager.
    If you were changing your vote though, why change to No Lynch if you have nobody else?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Sorry, probably poorly phrased. I'd expect indecision if there was a wolf in the firing line because a fellow wolf wouldn't quite know what the best plan was - bus a teammate, or try to save them. I don't currently think Emily is a wolf, so I don't think there was a wolf up last night. Hence, why I think him being frenetic is either that he's a villager who genuinely wasn't sure of what to do or it was a plan to look like he was a flailing villager.

but if you dont think a wolf was in the firing line (emily), why would wolves bother to move vote, or why would late movers indicate wolves if they werent in danger?

to be clear, are you talking about jake here?

Emily WW wrote: »
    You may be right about Vernon, is there anything else suspect about him ?

You see, I am not good at Wagonomics, but as I said earlier before Phil was shot, if Phil turns up good, I am not sure there is any wolves in the Nigel Wagon. Phil being good (I know I am good) means that there were three villagers up for lynch last night. The wolves knew Nigel was good and it was going to look stupid when the village killed a villager who had admitted to winning a prize with 3 bullets. Its not inconceivable a wolf jumped in on Nigel, but it seems awfully unfortunate that the village would offload the 3 villagers out of that 4.

I do not know why but Mary and to a lesser degree Tegan are niggling me for some reason. Since my gut has been awful and my memory poor I cant put my finger on it. I feel there is really good players behind the characters, but I feel they have been holding back on influencing the village. We need good players to start standing up and coming up with good reads. I would be thinking these two are worth taking out (less so Tegan as Tegan has been targeted a bit in lynchs) if I was on the wolf team, but for some reason Mary has been frugal with her involvement.

I was wondering if this was a cheeky wolf starting the thread with a BR joke:

I suppose in role hunting, what do the wolves have to fear at this stage ? I suppose Sarah Conor is the one who can do the most damage, particularly given their advantage. So I would imagine the wolves killing and targeting somebody who might be onto them on some level may be worth just as much at this stage.

In my next post I will try to look at what motivates a wolf and 10 things a wolf looks for in a target that they also look for in a partner. Stay tuned .

I joke because I am insecure. I am insecure and so eat alot. When I eat alot I get tired. When I get tired I get narky. When I get narky I cant think straight. When I cant think straight, I login to WW and get into arguments.. .:(
    Mary WW wrote: »
    Haven't much to defend myself against your reasoning with. My minds not been fully on the game this week and no I haven't been as involved as I could/should have been. I will say it would have been very easy for me to jump on one of the wagons last night and I didn't. I have been open about any leans I've had, and I've stuck with them. If you, and others, feel I need to be flipped for the good of the village, then so be it. That's how I feel about Jake. You're wrong about me. I could be wrong about Jake. It's all just guess work at the end of the day.

really? what was her reasoning that you cant defend?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    Oh god this game is killing me. Thanks for the intentional kind words, my post was sort of tongue in cheek.

I’m definitely not a new player , just sh*t. Now I feel even sh*tter, like special needs monkey sh*t! I’m convinced now that anybody who thinks I’m a villager worth keeping alive has to be a wolf!

Oops - sorry!!! Didn't mean to offend, just knew there was a good few newbies in the game

Gabriel WW wrote: »

emily trying to bus mary here, or what?

this is a strange interaction

• Advertisement

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Oops - sorry!!! Didn't mean to offend, just knew there was a good few newbies in the game

why do/did you think emily is new?

as of now, my vote is on emily.

pockety.

and why do you think emily is new?

Just the feel of her posts but she's pointed out I was wrong so in future I'll keep my mouth shut

Not intentionally pockety, just phone posting and easier to say I agree with this rather than writing a post saying the same thing

why do/did you think emily is new?

Just a feel I got off her posts but evidently I was wrong

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

but if you dont think a wolf was in the firing line (emily), why would wolves bother to move vote, or why would late movers indicate wolves if they werent in danger?

to be clear, are you talking about jake here?

To not have any or too many on Nigel would be my main guess on that. And yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    If you havent guessed already, I kept the scanner for myself as I am the only person I can trust.
    Be grateful if everyone could post who they are voting for so I can place the scanner.
    Thanks a bunch peeps.

As stated, I'm voting for Jake, as him jumping off the Nigel wagon at the last minute just screams of a wolf trying to hide.

Just incase anyone hasn't worked it out yet, I'm voting Jake too :D

havent voted yet, but leaning towards conor, brendan or emily.

I'm interested in all of these but why Conor specifically

If you havent guessed already, I kept the scanner for myself as I am the only person I can trust.
    Be grateful if everyone could post who they are voting for so I can place the scanner.
    Thanks a bunch peeps.

As stated, I'm voting for Jake, as him jumping off the Nigel wagon at the last minute just screams of a wolf trying to hide.

Hello Derry, I am voting for Vernon

I'm interested in all of these but why Conor specifically

post 2175

The fact that it's true. I haven't been overly involved. No point getting into a big back and forth trying to claim I have been, especially this close to lynch.

It was - Brendan #1 hadn't posted all day, but it was said he voted, but needed to resubmit.
    Then it was allowed as No Lynch.
    But then Brendan #2 came along, and the question remains, did he take over a wolf role?

Nope

post 2175

I'm phone posting, any chance of a link, can't figure out how to see post numbers on mobile

The fact that it's true. I haven't been overly involved. No point getting into a big back and forth trying to claim I have been, especially this close to lynch.

how many poster have less involvement than you?

Steve WW 164
    Barbara WW 155
    Derry WW 143
    Emily WW 142
    Clodagh WW 127
    Nigel WW 126
    Angus WW 108
    Eva WW 107
    Gabriel WW 99
    Jake WW 89
    Tegan WW 80
    Fiona WW 79
    Frank WW 74
    beakerjoe 72
    Vernon WW 71
    Conor WW 69
    Mary WW 66
    Doris WW 64
    Isla WW 61
    Gertrude WW 60
    Orla WW 56
    Brendan WW 53
    Lucy WW 53
    Patrick WW 38
    Phil WW 35
    Katie WW 17
    KathleenGrant 1

seems like weak reasoning to me.

I'm phone posting, any chance of a link, can't figure out how to see post numbers on mobile

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116073539&postcount=2175

think thats how i do it?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

I'm still on Tegan but could move to Vernon or Patrick. Having a couple of decent wagons is a better option than a wide spread of votes.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    I'm still on Tegan but could move to Vernon or Patrick. Having a couple of decent wagons is a better option than a wide spread of votes.

We should all declare who we think is a wolf and vote accordingly. Derry can check whatever wagon he wants

Tbh having 8 people on one person and knowing a wolf is there, given there's 4 still alive in 18 players, is not much help

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    I'm voting Vernon presently but either him or Jake for me tonight too

Gonna switch to Jake. I think the hop off is wolfy after a re-read.

Steve WW wrote: »
    Gonna switch to Jake. I think the hop off is wolfy after a re-read.

Sure you not just switching to Jake because there's no point in Derry using the scanner on the Jake voters since we wouldn't believe him if he used it to clear himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

havent voted yet, but leaning towards conor, brendan or emily.

You irk me. I’m just looking back at your posts.

You seemed to be quite negative against Nigel during the day, multiple times challanging his decisions but end up voting Angus
    you were circumspect with giving a conor cos you have a village lean and his actions yesterday.

why didnt you put the same consideration into the gun to barbara? lots of people asked for the gun.

i suppose we have to wait and see how it plays out.

Then you accuse me of trying to lure Nigel into giving me a prize cause I said I didn’t want one.

Then get upset when a rolled villager says they like a post of mine
    classic pocketing behavior here

Then say isla wouid be a good lynch target
    i think Isla would make a damn fine nomination for lynch tonight

But you voted for Angus

You have your eye on Mary
    as would you mary. i have my eye on you

But voted for Angus

So you don’t like something Barbara says
    sounds to me like you are looking for an out when you blast a villager.

But you vote for Angus

Ah so Angus
    explain that reasoning to me will you please.

what is her posting style that will make it easy to slip from 1 role to another?

So Angus equally finds some of Barbara posts suspect, like yourself questioned.
    my vote currently will be for angus unless he can give a reasonable explanation for the barbara comments. now maybe it makes prefect sense and i just dont get it.

So after all that Angus was your obvious target? Nice and early on, plenty of time to change your mind. Plenty of people you have mentioned. And it was basically because Angus found Barbara’s post suspect. Who doesn’t find Barbara’s posts suspect? This is a very flimsy reasoning especially as you seem to just scattergun out insinuations with little substance.

You sort of put in a semi defence of Nigel with 12 minutes to lynch after a couple of challanges to some of his posts but that could be interpreted as a half assed defence when wolves knew they were safe. All three targets were villagers so your post defending Nigel was nice to distance yourself.
    thta wolfy AF. only a wolf would know that

That’s you accusing one villager of looking wolfy as f for defending another confirmed villager.
    now that phil has flipped green i think you should be lynched

Considering your reads on villagers has be atrocious I don’t know where you get your strong convictions from if you are a villager. I doubt anything I think on anybody, you just plough on with accusations and bad reads.
    angus, did you ever anwer this or just ignore me?

barbara, you did exactly what i said at 6pm yesterday

Hold on, in previous post you want Barbara shot. Now you are still asking Angus to explain why he finds Barbara’s style strange. This is all over the place

Trying to summarize rest of your posts

- you focusing on me for a bullet basically because if I’m bad there might be some good data (same could be said for anybody)
    - you wanting to know who has bullet
    - you trying to downplay me not voting to save myself

i think derry is a wolf. using lunch as an excuse to buy time to decide how best to play these prizes
    i dont like that derry is already distancing himself from his choices. used time pressure and going with his gut. took you only 9 minutes to make your choice. you had an additional 21 mins.

But he’s not on your list

if there's something fundamentally incorrect with what i'm saying, present a counter argument. should be easy if its drivel i'm speaking.

I can’t make any sense of where you are going with all this.
    hope the guinea is okay

follow that thought through for a second. if no wolves would be on a wagon, we could clear 4/5 villagers in one foul swoop.

i think its best to use the scanner on someone who has 3/4 votes.

Oh you are nice to Mary, is she a team mate? But more importantly I think scanning 3/4 is a terrible idea as wolves will be looking to ruin any chance we have of clearing anybody. There are also posts earlier I didn’t link where you wanted everybody to say on thread who they are voting for. Wolves get to pick on lynch group each and there will be 1 wolf hiding with 3 villagers which will make it useless

I had to stop there as it’s getting close to lynch and wanted others to review. I think you’ve had a bad game as a villager or been a wolf just throwing sh.-t at a wall. I don’t get your confidence because your reads have been poor.

I’m voting you and taking it off Mary. I was going to review Mary cause I feel somethings up there but you just irked me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Sure you not just switching to Jake because there's no point in Derry using the scanner on the Jake voters since we wouldn't believe him if he used it to clear himself?

Er, no. Voting for who I think is a wolf. If I had two votes I'd vote both Vernon and Jake tbh

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    We should all declare who we think is a wolf and vote accordingly. Derry can check whatever wagon he wants

Tbh having 8 people on one person and knowing a wolf is there, given there's 4 still alive in 18 players, is not much help

Yeah and I think those three are wolves. Im not concerned about Derry checking, I'm concerned about having 6 people voted for with a few on each.

If there are 3 wagons we narrow the space for wolves to be and they are probably forced to munch into one of them, narrowing their hiding places.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

I'm one of the non voters - once again I've been more or less absent from the thread for most of the day. Who are we looking at ?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

If you were changing your vote though, why change to No Lynch if you have nobody else?

Yeah, that's the main thing that leads me to think it might have been planned looking innocent/indecisive. A wolf not sure who to vote for, doesn't want to have been someone to lynch Nigel and at the last minute bales out and goes no lynch.

Advertisement