Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator Werewolf - Game thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    For village clout.

You give the better prize to Steve and you toss the village the leftovers.

Following that idea through to its conclusion:

Steve and Derry are on the same team - on Jake (a fellow wolf). Derry led the charge for people to vote for Jake. Derry then announces he has scanned Jake and there is at least one wolf on the Jake voters (now he's already given Steve the gun at this stage) and has essentially doomed Steve, and likely himself. Derry has strongly pushed Jake, and led to the soon killing of Steve (and the way people are talking his own doom too). If Jake had survived maybe he would have gained credit for having two wolves vote for him, but Derry would have essentially bussed himself and a teammate to help another gain credit.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Grand - believe that. I gave the village Jake on a plate - nobody listened to me.
    There's 2 wolves my actions surfaced yesterday. 2!
    Believe what you like, but that would be too bold a move for any wolf to make in my book. I hope I win the prize again today, because it sounds like you are out for my blood, making the same mistake as the village did with Nigel. As I said last night, no matter what choice I made with the prizes yesterday, my head was on the line regardless. These prizes are a poison chalice. If I win again today, at least I know I, as a villager, can have control over one before my eventual demise.

I got so annoyed with Phil and Lucy saying "Kill me and you'll see I'm a villager". And I have called that out previously. So I'm not going to say that. But if you still think me trying to get people to vote for Jake, and Steve jumping right onto that bandwagon to escape detection, makes me a wolf also, then the village does not deserve to win this.

Conor WW wrote: »

Steve and Derry are on the same team - on Jake (a fellow wolf). Derry led the charge for people to vote for Jake. Derry then announces he has scanned Jake and there is at least one wolf on the Jake voters (now he's already given Steve the gun at this stage) and has essentially doomed Steve, and likely himself. Derry has strongly pushed Jake, and led to the soon killing of Steve (and the way people are talking his own doom too). If Jake had survived maybe he would have gained credit for having two wolves vote for him, but Derry would have essentially bussed himself and a teammate to help another gain credit.

This. beakerjoe can confirm if you like my response when he gave me the transmission message. It wasn't pleasant.
    Also just because Steve is a wolf, doesn't mean Mary isn't by the way. Mary must be wolf also because why go for Patrick and out yourself as a wolf unless you were saving a team mate?
    At that point Jake and Gabriel had already started advocating for me to be lynched next, I think they thought keep Jake in play, he will get the bandwagon rolling on me, and we save Mary.

Mary WW wrote: »
    When I flip village in the morning, someone please take out this furball and his teammate Steve

Although in this post Mary does hang Jake out to dry.

I need a break.

Mary WW wrote: »
    I knew Jake and Steve were wolfs! Not much use now but my instincts usually suck so I'm delighted with myself here :D I've to pop out for a couple of hours. Didn't expect to be alive this morning. No ones going to believe a word I say anyway, and I certainly don't blame you. Sticking in a vote for Steve. I'll change it later if we get the chance to shoot the furball.

Why do you think Steve didn't kill you and save himself?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Huh? I dont understand what this is even getting at?

the wolves didnt know Jake was going to be shot. They came up with some plan for Steve to come out as they had chosen to shoot Patrick long in advance.

Whatever that plan was, it was to only give village Steve, but we got Jake aswell . . Ha, wolves getting too cocky . . Like Gabriel said last night . . I would be happy to see what would turn up with a Gabriel kill.

I feel less excited about killing Derry, I feel the village going after people who came out on thread with competition has not worked. Would wolf Derry give wolf steve a bullet ? Why expose two wolves, that would potentially clear Mary unless we think two wolves jumped on wolf Jake ? Hmm not sure what to think about that.

Had this post typed up earlier and got stuck on a work call, so need to catchup if I missed anything since!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

This. beakerjoe can confirm if you like my response when he gave me the transmission message. It wasn't pleasant.
    Also just because Steve is a wolf, doesn't mean Mary isn't by the way. Mary must be wolf also because why go for Patrick and out yourself as a wolf unless you were saving a team mate?
    At that point Jake and Gabriel had already started advocating for me to be lynched next, I think they thought keep Jake in play, he will get the bandwagon rolling on me, and we save Mary.

Shooting Patrick to make us think he's saving a teammate perhaps, but you scanning the same person you voted for was a surprise so maybe they thought they could hide two wolves in with you whilst you scanned elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

NUiGr2B.gif

28 mins to go

Shooting Patrick to make us think he's saving a teammate perhaps, but you scanning the same person you voted for was a surprise so maybe they thought they could hide two wolves in with you whilst you scanned elsewhere.

Yeah I thought this, but if Mary is a villager, then why not take the easy option and hide with some doubt for a bit longer?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Because if she proved to be village he would be outed as a wolf, no?
    Unless of course people suspected you to be a wolf (which some people do)
    I don't believe you are a wolf. You would have never scanned your own vote if you were.

• Advertisement

MOD ANNOUNCEMNET .....

The resistance 20 years into the future are sending supplies through time to help the humans fight Skynet.

3d-lab-ammo.gif?1546432348

Today they are sending a MYSERTY PACKAGE! (Filled with sweets and Tayto no doubt!)

The transmission will be sent at 12.30pm…..

Beware, Terminators can intercept this transmission by entering the codes themselves (by also PMing me).

First player to PM the correct code to me wins. Winning player will be made aware of the prize and how to use it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    9v5

Lynch tonight

9v4 2 off which are T1000 lives so its actually worse than that

Best case we eliminate T1000 with vig shot and lose one at munch

Will actually be

7v3 then

Its an uphill task to win tbh, very uphill

Each time we get the T1000 we lose a villager and the trust is completely gone in the village again. Well what little Trust there is

9 v 5 if we lynch t-1000 8 v 5, munch 7 v 5
    7 v 5 if we lynch t-1000 6 v 5, munch 5 v 5, parity. game over. and the t-1000 still has a life left.

I don't know what Johns secret stash of powers will be, but we need access to something that will kill the t-1000 without the vilager loss or its game over already.

Orla WW wrote: »
    Because if she proved to be village he would be outed as a wolf, no?
    Unless of course people suspected you to be a wolf (which some people do)
    I don't believe you are a wolf. You would have never scanned your own vote if you were.

Yes, if she is village, he was outed as a wolf. So why go for another random villager?
    If she is a wolf, it makes sense to save his teammate??

Yes, if she is village, he was outed as a wolf. So why go for another random villager?
    If she is a wolf, it makes sense to save his teammate??

Ah I see it now. :D
    Told you I am slow on the uptake.

It could be a ruse from the wolves, getting us to look just at Mary, I will admit that. I don't know anymore.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

My own follow up of this is that Derry has stated he is a new player

If we are to take him at his word for that, i don't think he would make the error of putting the spotlight on himself if he was a wolf, the wolf's seem to have a pretty strong/experienced players that could guide him through it.

it looks to me like an error of judgement and if he is a new player then that would/could explain it a bit for me.

The question for me is that can we take him for his word that he is a new/inexperienced player

Angus WW wrote: »

If we are to take him at his word for that, i don't think he would make the error of putting the spotlight on himself if he was a wolf, the wolf's seem to have a pretty strong/experienced players that could guide him through it.

it looks to me like an error of judgement and if he is a new player then that would/could explain it a bit for me.

The question for me is that can we take him for his word that he is a new/inexperienced player

Well he pointed out this morning that nobody could take mine.

Angus, I made a mistake - I haven't broadcast everywhere I am a new player - as it should not influence any decisions made. I have played before, back in 2016. But not since.
    But on this point, I made a massive error - I know this. I have stood by this error. Just asking people to look back over my posts, and look at the posts of Jake last night where he wanted me gone. The theory being bandied around makes no sense when you look at my stupid decision, Steve's actions, or Jake's posts afterwards.

Orla WW wrote: »
    Well he pointed out this morning that nobody could take mine.

I did, I still stand by that. I am not looking for excuses or outs here. I am looking for people to look at the actions overall.

Would wolves be ballsy enough to throw 2 of them into Mary/Derry/Steve combo ? Maybe, but its a stretch. We dont have the luxury of knowing so lets assume they didnt so Mary/derry are village.

Barbara had a vote from Jake when she was 2nd in line for Lynch yesterday so I think that sort of clears her, that was dangerous game to play for wolves.

From my perspective that leaves Me, Mary, Derry and Barbara as village.

Now Gabriel was wrecking my head last night, but was adamant that Derry was bad. I couldnt work out their reasoning, it didnt matter Derry was in his voting block, really and truly it made no difference to whether he was in it or not, we didnt learn anything from it. If anything him being in it seems of drawn alot of attention, so those who were pushing for Derry need to be looked at.

This leaves the following:

Steve WW
    Clodagh WW
    Angus WW
    Eva WW
    Gabriel WW
    Doris WW
    Gertrude WW
    Orla WW
    Brendan WW
    Conor WW

9 players that have 3 wolves hiding in there. If there are Rvs, we could conceivably knock that down to 7. As the game progresses the Rvs will have to decide whether to come out or not but this is the list I suggest I vig considers firing into.

The only problem with Steve is that him dieing (presume hes T-1000) prob leaves us back at square one as everybody could be T-1000. So one strategy we could have is to try to work through that 9 to clear the other wolves so we can then focus primarily on T-1000.

• Advertisement

Angus, I made a mistake - I haven't broadcast everywhere I am a new player - as it should not influence any decisions made. I have played before, back in 2016. But not since.
    But on this point, I made a massive error - I know this. I have stood by this error. Just asking people to look back over my posts, and look at the posts of Jake last night where he wanted me gone. The theory being bandied around makes no sense when you look at my stupid decision, Steve's actions, or Jake's posts afterwards.

Yeah I think all that makes sense.

Why do you think it was a mistake that you put your name on vote ? (other then the fact its annoying some people in here)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

9 v 5 if we lynch t-1000 8 v 5, munch 7 v 5
    7 v 5 if we lynch t-1000 6 v 5, munch 5 v 5, parity. game over. and the t-1000 still has a life left.

I don't know what Johns secret stash of powers will be, but we need access to something that will kill the t-1000 without the vilager loss or its game over already.

Just on your numbers

If we lynch t1000
    It'll be 8v4 and so on, so not as awful as you've painted but still not good at all.

Does John have powers after Kyle dying actually?

I'm here for comp too

I have changed my lunch-break to try play the game but I was so slow everyday I will be no use to you.

Emily WW wrote: »
    Why do you think it was a mistake that you put your name on vote ? (other then the fact its annoying some people in here)

Because if it came back all clear - and I was on it, everyone would say I was lying.
    I should have jumped off the Jake vote, and left Mary/Steve and whoever else jumped on my vote. However, either way, I think people would have called for me being a wolf the way the cards have fallen with Steve.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Only thing I can think of is it means you guys have to use a lynch on me

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

I am here for the comp

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Ah my good friend Derry,
    Thanks for the bullet, it went to Kerry

For shooting Patrick was an awful shame
    But it's not my fault, society is to blame

Then there's Brendan, he's a bit of a wuss
    Complaining about Eva forgetting him, what a huff

Babs herself can't make up a rhyme
    She's stealing them all, it should be a crime

Steve is here to win the competition
    Of rhyming folks, it's only repitition

tHe cOde………

The number of letters in Mr Schwarzenegger’s first name?
    Finish the number :, According to thewrap.com and people.com, Christian Bale used 3_ f-bombs in his famous rant at a stage hand during Terminator Salvation.
    Complete the year : Michael Biehn was born in 19_6.
    According to Wikipedia, Linda Hamiltons Father died when she was how old?
    Complete the film starring Robert Patrick : Ladder 4_

First player who PMs me the correct code wins the loot.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

66559 submitted

Advertisement