Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restricting bandit 600

Options
  • 22-01-2021 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I have a learner permit with all categories on it but I only have my IBT done on a A2 category would it be possible to get a suzuki bandit 600 restricted to A2 and insurance on it I'm planning on doing the Test in full A after all this lockdown is done and we are freed so I will only need it restricted till test date any advice welcome thanks O and I'm a noob to biking age 31

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

If I was you, while we can't go anywhere anyway, get the A added to your license and book module 5 once lockdown eases and the IBTs are back. Bandit can be restricted to A2 but I'd steer you away from this option.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

zubair wrote: »
    If I was you, while we can't go anywhere anyway, get the A added to your license and book module 5 once lockdown eases and the IBTs are back. Bandit can be restricted to A2 but I'd steer you away from this option.

This, you technically can but why bother. A lot of insurers don't consider after market restrictor kits as restrictor kits for obvious reasons.
    Pretty sure you need an A ibt (mod 5) to do a full A test, they know exactly which you have but funnily don't ask to see it during the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Suzuki Damo

zubair wrote: »

Hi thanks for the info yeah I thought that was my opinion I have module 5 paid for just waiting for the date after lockdown I was told it could be summer before I get a date cause of backlog so I'll was just hoping to bye the bandit restriction it just tell I can complete the ibt then get removed and carbs cleaned cause can't wait to get on the road ðŸ️

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Suzuki Damo

Mjolnir wrote: »
    This, you technically can but why bother. A lot of insurers don't consider after market restrictor kits as restrictor kits for obvious reasons.
    Pretty sure you need an A ibt (mod 5) to do a full A test, they know exactly which you have but funnily don't ask to see it during the test.

Yeah I have my IBT paid for but looks like it will be mid summer before I can do it for A I would like to get out on the road before that if possible sepose I'll ring the insurance companys to see will they insure me on a restricted bike until I complete my IBT

Advertisement