Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CV help

• 22-01-2021 11:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi all,

I’m a PP teacher of 10 years and I am applying to UL to study for the MA in Guidance Counselling and Lifespan Development.

For the application process, I need to provide a copy of my CV. My current CV was written when applying for teaching jobs and is obviously out of date now.

Does anyone have a template/idea of what I should include in a CV for applying for a course like this?

Educational background? Experience in teaching? Do I need to include my work experience before teaching etc? Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 Claregirl5

Hi Awny!

Most other applicants will be PP teachers, just like you, so CVs should be more or less similar. Your work experience prior to being a teacher should be included if the skills you acquired are essential as a GC: empathy, initiative, will to learn, patience, etc...

The personal statement is the most important part of the application and will make the difference.
    It will give you the opportunity to explain why you're applying to the course and why you should be accepted.
    You will also be able to describe your skills, your strengths and experience while displaying your writing skills.

I hope this helps and wish you all the best in your application.
    C5 (PG Dip. in Guidance Counselling, UL)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭awny

Claregirl5 wrote: »
    Hi Awny!

Most other applicants will be PP teachers, just like you, so CVs should be more or less similar. Your work experience prior to being a teacher should be included if the skills you acquired are essential as a GC: empathy, initiative, will to learn, patience, etc...

The personal statement is the most important part of the application and will make the difference.
    It will give you the opportunity to explain why you're applying to the course and why you should be accepted.
    You will also be able to describe your skills, your strengths and experience while displaying your writing skills.

I hope this helps and wish you all the best in your application.
    C5 (PG Dip. in Guidance Counselling, UL)

Thanks so much!!! Is there any thing in particular that you would mention in the personal statement ? I don’t really know where to start and I really want to do the course.

Advertisement