Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pet camera / CCTV

• 23-01-2021 12:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭

Bit of an odd one.. we brought cooper away for 2 staycations last year, both times to places where we had been with our previous boy Cody so knew how pet friendly the pubs were etc..we had a blast!

So now we’re looking at exploring some new places in Ireland and in UK (once covid is easing etc) and as we’re not sure where we can bring him in etc so I’m looking for a portable CCTV camera, good quality, night vision, live viewing via an app so if we have to leave him secure in a hotel room we can view him and make sure all is ok.. any ideas?

Thanks!

Ps.. We’re not going to leave him where he could possibly be stolen or for long periods of time etc it’s only IF we have no choice to get dinner or something and place doesn’t allow dogs. And we also use the Tractive GPS tracker (which is brilliant) so we know where he is etc it’s more to check he’s not stressed.. and yes are slightly mad 🀣

Comments

This cam is handy cocker.

https://nooie.com/pages/nooiecam360

360. Night vision. Audio so you can listen to him and you can talk to him. Handy app on the phone and it's just plug in so you can take it anywhere. It's not expensive either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I got the Blink camera on Amazon, brilliant quality with night vision and movement detector and not too pricey either. I activate it when the cats are in bed at night to try and pick up if Cream is having any seizures and it picks up even the smallest movements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Yi indoor dome camera can be set up pretty quickly once there is wifi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

This cam is handy cocker.

https://nooie.com/pages/nooiecam360

360. Night vision. Audio so you can listen to him and you can talk to him. Handy app on the phone and it's just plug in so you can take it anywhere. It's not expensive either.

Thanks a million! Can I ask did u order from US and use an adapter to charge? Can you you get two cameras and see both on the one app?

I got the Blink camera on Amazon, brilliant quality with night vision and movement detector and not too pricey either. I activate it when the cats are in bed at night to try and pick up if Cream is having any seizures and it picks up even the smallest movements.

Thanks a million - that’s excellent I’m
    Going to research it now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

cocker5 wrote: »
    Thanks a million - that’s excellent I’m
    Going to research it now!

I'd second the blink cameras too, we have two. Easy to use, good quality picture and can set up motion alerts. You can also buy different mounts which might come in handy if you are thinking of using it in different spaces, at least you could manoeuvre the camera to take in as much of the space as possible.

dashoonage wrote: »
    Yi indoor dome camera can be set up pretty quickly once there is wifi

Thanks a million going to do my research today! Appreciate it!

Thanks a million going to do my research today! Appreciate it!

I have one yi indoor dome in my setup for checking doggo while I'm away so any questions fire away

Thanks a million! Can I ask did u order from US and use an adapter to charge? Can you you get two cameras and see both on the one app?

No got it from Amazon. 35euro I think. No charger needed as it's plug in. I'm fairly sure you can use two cams with own app, theres an option to add a camera in the app anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Just an old Android phone using the Alfred app on a 48 or Gomo SIM, if you have other uses for it, or just on WiFi if not.

I use it for my house and pet security for a few years now in tandem with trail cameras.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million guys for recommendations! I really appreciate it. Nice to see I’m not totally bananas.. well kinda!

Doing all my research today.

On the Nooie - mains plug?

On the the blink cameras .. they are not plug in? But battery operated? Do u use the indoor or outdoor ones? Sorry stupid question as we’ll only bring indoors! Can you pan around move the camera via your phone or is it fixed once in place?

YI - same as above .. are the plugged into the mains or battery? Can you pan the camera?

Thanks for the apps suggestions I’ll def look at that option also!

Thanks all and sorry for the silly questions 🀣 I’m very bad on the tech stuff

Yeah the nooie is mains plug.

Yi plugs into the mains, its a usb cable and usb plug. can be tilted moved zoomed twisted you name it with the app

it also has a mic for addded " whos a good boy" or " put it ****ing down" depending on the suitation

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

Good for you taking measures to keep your dog safe at all times, especially in these thieving times. Keep them safe

Thanks guys for all your advice and recommendations!

Order placed .. cannot wait to try it out x

Appreciate it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Just another aside. Dogfriendlyirelandie in Instagram is good for recommendations on dog friendly places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Cleverdog is the one I use. Does everything you want.
    Bit of an odd one.. we brought cooper away for 2 staycations last year, both times to places where we had been with our previous boy Cody so knew how pet friendly the pubs were etc..we had a blast!

So now we’re looking at exploring some new places in Ireland and in UK (once covid is easing etc) and as we’re not sure where we can bring him in etc so I’m looking for a portable CCTV camera, good quality, night vision, live viewing via an app so if we have to leave him secure in a hotel room we can view him and make sure all is ok.. any ideas?

Thanks!

Ps.. We’re not going to leave him where he could possibly be stolen or for long periods of time etc it’s only IF we have no choice to get dinner or something and place doesn’t allow dogs. And we also use the Tractive GPS tracker (which is brilliant) so we know where he is etc it’s more to check he’s not stressed.. and yes are slightly mad 🀣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Jane1012

My dog had a full nest set up ... pathetic I know. But she has one camera over her bed, one in the kitchen that keeps an eye on her moving around and one out the back 😂
    The good thing I find about the nest cams is that I can talk to her if she’s acting up - funny if she’s looking like she’s acting up and you tell her to stop over the camera, she stops and gets back in to her bed 😂
    Probably can do the same with the cheaper options mind you!

Advertisement