Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting into the trade

Options
  • 23-01-2021 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭

I was on the psa site but struggled with it. Got a phone number so can ring but opinions welcome and advice also.
    Electrical back ground wanting to get into CCTV and gates, is it so much to get a license for those two, insurance rough costs? Courses that need to be done or does electrical qualifications suffice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Cerveza wrote: »
    I was on the psa site but struggled with it. Got a phone number so can ring but opinions welcome and advice also.
    Electrical back ground wanting to get into CCTV and gates, is it so much to get a license for those two, insurance rough costs? Courses that need to be done or does electrical qualifications suffice?

For gates I recommend you do Automated Gate & Traffic Barrier Safety training from the door and hardware Foundation (DHF), you can get the documentation and do it online. They are UK but also cover the EU and Irish regulations.
    https://www.dhfonline.org.uk/training.htm

Suppliers like Came also offer courses but don't think they're running at the moment for Covid reasons, you can ask them. I've done a few of their courses and also the 2 day safety one that's pretty similar to the DHF one.

I'm an employee so don't have any dealings with the PSA

Suppliers offer Avigilon, Milestone, Geovision, Dahua, Hikvision and other CCTV training courses all the time, contact them.

Advertisement