If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amplifier advice for Monitor audio studio speakers

Options
  • 23-01-2021 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Hi,
      I got a pair of monitor audio studio speakers from ye a few weeks back which i think are 4 ohm and am now looking for a bit of advice on a amplifier to go with it.

Originally i was thinking something like the Denon pma-800 and in time i would add the dmp-800ne to it, or would i get better performance with something like the marantz PM7000N for a little extra cash than the cost of the denons combined.

In your opinion which set up would gel better with the MA studio speakers?

Kind regards,
            Michael

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Moreilly wrote: »
    Hi,
      I got a pair of monitor audio studio speakers from ye a few weeks back which i think are 4 ohm and am now looking for a bit of advice on a amplifier to go with it.

Originally i was thinking something like the Denon pma-800 and in time i would add the dmp-800ne to it, or would i get better performance with something like the marantz PM7000N for a little extra cash than the cost of the denons combined.

In your opinion which set up would gel better with the MA studio speakers?

Kind regards,
            Michael
    Hey Moreilly.

Thanks for coming back to us :)

Personally I would go for the PM7000N. It is a fantastic bit of kit and was 5 star reviewed in What HiFi.
    It sounds excellent! I've demoed it a few times at the store and it was impressive.
    The PM7000N would sound much better than the Denon.

I could offer a bit of a deal on it for you at £825 or 939 Euro.

The Studios would pair well with the PM7000N.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Hi,
      That's great, thanks for the reply - I'll probably be placing a order for a silver one early next week and possibly a bit of cable as well

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi,
      That's great, thanks for the reply - I'll probably be placing a order for a silver one early next week and possibly a bit of cable as well
    No problem at all Moreilly, keep me posted sure an let me know if you have any further queries in the meantime.

Hi,
    No problem at all Moreilly, keep me posted sure an let me know if you have any further queries in the meantime.
    Hi , I'd like to go ahead with that order for the silver PM7000N and a bit of cable as well

Hi,
    Hi , I'd like to go ahead with that order for the silver PM7000N and a bit of cable as well
    No problem Moreilly,

If you PM us with your details we'll give you a call to process!

Or you can order on www.richersounds.ie, whichever is easiest for you!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

p.m. sent ;)

p.m. sent ;)
    I'll give you a call asap Moreilly!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.