If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small TV

Options
  • 23-01-2021 3:24pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hey, 

I suspect this is a long shot. An old flatscreen 14" Philips has gone on the blink. It's a small TV for the kitchen, on the counter. Might you've anything similar or is mostly 24" and up these days?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey, 

I suspect this is a long shot. An old flatscreen 14" Philips has gone on the blink. It's a small TV for the kitchen, on the counter. Might you've anything similar or is mostly 24" and up these days?
    Hey The Black Oil.

Thanks for the post.

24" would be the smallest we can get our hands on these days.
    There are not too many smaller sizes around unfortunately.

Starting point for ourselves would be the LG 24TL150 priced at 169 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204293-lg-24tl510v-24-inch-led-tv-hd-ready-freeview-hd.aspx

For a smart version there is the 24TN520S priced at 199 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204613-lg-24tn520s-24-inch-smart-led-tv-hd-ready-freeview-play.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thanks, Kenny. Would they support an indoor aerial?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Thanks, Kenny. Would they support an indoor aerial?
    Hi The Black Oil,

Thanks for getting back to us.

They both have Freeview HD inputs so you can use an indoor aerial for Saorview!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thanks David. Whilst we're here, what soundbar would go well with a 43 inch LG? I think 43UH603V is the model.

Thanks David. Whilst we're here, what soundbar would go well with a 43 inch LG? I think 43UH603V is the model.
    Thanks for getting back to me!

There are two I'd recommend - if it's just for a small room, the JBL Bar 2.0 sounds amazing and is a compact bar:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204693-jbl-bar-2-0-black-soundbar.aspx

After that I would highly recommend the Yamaha YAS209 which has a wireless sub so gives a much meatier sound!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204376-yamaha-yas209-black-soundbar-with-alexa-built-in.aspx

Let me know what you think of this option!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Yamaha? :) Pianos were the first thing that came to mind. I've ordered the JBL one (small room), my first order with you. Looking forward to it.

Re the smaller screen, some of these seem to have a low energy rating. What's the story there?

Yamaha? :) Pianos were the first thing that came to mind. I've ordered the JBL one (small room), my first order with you. Looking forward to it.

Re the smaller screen, some of these seem to have a low energy rating. What's the story there?
    Hi The Black Oil,

Thanks for getting back to me!

Yamaha make really good hifi as well! They seem to have a hand in everything though from musical instruments to motorbikes.

I'm not too sure what would be contributing to the energy ratings on the panels but they run standard LED screens!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

I was pleasantly surprised when the soundbar arrived at 6:30pm on Saturday. I watched a film which was terrible, so I'll have to watch some full on action thing to test it in full, but it sounds good. :)

I was pleasantly surprised when the soundbar arrived at 6:30pm on Saturday. I watched a film which was terrible, so I'll have to watch some full on action thing to test it in full, but it sounds good. :)
    Hey The Black Oil.

Excellent that it arrived so quickly for you :)

Yeah give a good action film a watch and it will test out the bar for you.

Thanks again for the purchase we really do appreciate it.

Hey Kenny. A quick gripe, if I may. The soundbar package arrived without my Eircode on it. This is not unusual in my experience of online shopping, though I've not done much of it this year. I don't know if that's down the courier or supplier. Your website asks for one and I'd prefer it's on the label if possible. It still got here without an issue. Maybe this nothing to do with your system. It's just that my address has a number and there are variations of this on my street which sometimes causes confusion.

The 24TN520S model is unlikely to drop back down to €199, is it?

• Advertisement

Hey Kenny. A quick gripe, if I may. The soundbar package arrived without my Eircode on it. This is not unusual in my experience of online shopping, though I've not done much of it this year. I don't know if that's down the courier or supplier. Your website asks for one and I'd prefer it's on the label if possible. It still got here without an issue. Maybe this nothing to do with your system. It's just that my address has a number and there are variations of this on my street which sometimes causes confusion.

The 24TN520S model is unlikely to drop back down to €199, is it?
    Hi The Black Oil.

I'm not sure how that would have happened.

The order would have been addressed up by our courier and not done by us here at the store.
    I will speak to them to make sure they add the eircode every time.

If you can PM with your real name I can check your account to ensure it is still on it.

Unfortunately I would have no way of knowing if the 24TN520S will drop again in price. Pricing can change at the drop of a hat and without notice.
    Do keep an eye on our website as any price drops will appear there first.

Hey The Black Oil.

Unfortunately I could not offer to beat their price as they only offer a 1 year warranty on their set.

For us to offer a price beat it must be a like for like deal and include a 5 or 6 year guarantee and also delivery to your home or work address.

The current 229 Euro is the best i can offer at the moment.

TV arrived today and looks great. :) I'm off work today so can play around with it.

TV arrived today and looks great. :) I'm off work today so can play around with it.
    Glad to hear the TV has arrived safe and sound!

Drop us a post when you've had a look at it and let us know what you think of it!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.