Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you name your bookmarks?

Options
  • 23-01-2021 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Do you just leave it as default or do you have a format system for renaming them?

Examples of default bookmark titles:
    • Ireland's Best Value Broadband, TV and Mobile Bundles | eir.ie
    • boards.ie - Now Ye're Talkin'
    • etc.
    Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Just to what makes sense for me to find them easily.

"Boards" for Boards
    "Weather" for Met Eireann
    Etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

A relevant word / words and I omit "The" as mine are sorted alphabetically.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭ByTheSea2019

Just leave them as default, but I don't have many so the icon makes it clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Worztron

I find it odd that some websites have their website title at the end of the bookmark name. For example, I'd rename that eir default name [from post #1] from:

Ireland's Best Value Broadband, TV and Mobile Bundles | eir.ie
    to
    eir.ie - Ireland's Best Value Broadband, TV and Mobile Bundles
    or
    eir.ie: Ireland's Best Value Broadband, TV and Mobile Bundles

I don't like the pipe symbol in bookmark titles.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I get rid of the name and just leave the icons for most of them. Cleans up the bookmark bar.

• Advertisement

Thanks, guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I rename them to as short as possible. Usually one word.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭ozmo

I use onetab a lot.

Its an add on for chrome that takes all the open tabs and makes one group. You can then save to cloud or save the links as a html page. Very handy.

I use it to collect all research on one project. Its free.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I strip out all the extra stuff so in the examples above it would just be "eir"

I also have bookmark folders - Banking & Finance, Bills & Utilities, Games, Google (mail, maps, YouTube), News & Sports, Shopping etc

Do ye use tags in the bookmarks like those in Firefox?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I don't use bookmarks. Any site I visit regularly I just type it into the url bar and after a few letters it fills in the rest, hit return and I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Anything I use regularly goes in category folders on the bookmark bar. So there's a folder called Entertainment with YouTube, Netflx etc in it. One for News etc. I do strip out bookmark names too for length.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DarraDOS

It really depends what it is...

Advertisement