Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HBS Recruit Pre-Emplyment issue

Options
  • 23-01-2021 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

Has anyone here recently got a job in the HSE via HBS recruit? I was just wondering how smooth the process was. All my friends working in the HSE have had a terrible experience with delays in processing and being given 24 hours to produce multiple documents. I have been working via an agency in the HSE but want to transfer over to get all the work benefits with a HSE post. However, If I have to do a bunch time wasting exercises i won't bother.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Shane Fitz

Zookey123 wrote: »
    Has anyone here recently got a job in the HSE via HBS recruit? I was just wondering how smooth the process was. All my friends working in the HSE have had a terrible experience with delays in processing and being given 24 hours to produce multiple documents. I have been working via an agency in the HSE but want to transfer over to get all the work benefits with a HSE post. However, If I have to do a bunch time wasting exercises i won't bother.

What are these benefits you speak of?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Zookey123 wrote: »
    Has anyone here recently got a job in the HSE via HBS recruit? I was just wondering how smooth the process was. All my friends working in the HSE have produce multiple documents.

Would it not just be transcripts from past courses and degrees? All of which can be sourced by that particular college or institute? All of which can be gotten now prior to even applying for a campaign..

Shane Fitz wrote: »
    What are these benefits you speak of?

Pension, job security, yearly pay increments, etc.. Just like any public sector job..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

job seeker wrote: »
    Would it not just be transcripts from past courses and degrees? All of which can be sourced by that particular college or institute? All of which can be gotten now prior to even applying for a campaign..

Based on a friend's experience, likely to include solicitor-certified copies of these, plus passport, birth-cert, marriage cert, proof-of-address.

OP, it's tedious, but the sort of docs you'll need to provide sometime if you want a career job. Just do it, the benefits make it worth it.

Based on a friend's experience, likely to include solicitor-certified copies of these, plus passport, birth-cert, marriage cert, proof-of-address.

OP, it's tedious, but the sort of docs you'll need to provide sometime if you want a career job. Just do it, the benefits make it worth it.

Wow! that all seems so unnecessary! As you say though it's definitely worth it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

Yes and only 24 hours to get everything. That's while I am doing a full time job. One of my friends has been in processing for 3 months. Occupational health alone can take well over a month. I would like to get off the agency pay roll though, they don't even pay me for holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

job seeker wrote: »

Haha I wish it were that simple. Even when applying via agency you have to be Garda vetted, past references and transcripts. With the HSE you have way more extra stuff and much longer processing times. It does seem like such a time waste and is why the HSE is riddled with agency staff because they can't hire people fast enough and have to pay external companies for staff. It really is a complete joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 al67

When I started with them on a temporary basis 3 years ago, it took 10 weeks to have everything completed - garda clearance, overseas police clearance (which you need to get for every country you lived in for more than 6 months) certified documents by a lawyer or justice of the peace (€€€), reference checks etc. Then 9 months later I was offered a permanent position from the panel - it still took 9 weeks from the offer to getting a start date despite the fact I had already gone through the process only 9 months previously! Having said that, I'm glad I kept going. Best of luck.

Advertisement