Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How old would you date?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,826 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Mid-40s myself. Would probably go for between early 30s and late 40s. Anything outside of that and you're just in different places life-wise I find.
    I may have strayed in the past with younger men but that was a long time ago, we have had marriage counselling and we need to move on. I warned my husband that if he ever considered leaving me for a young one that I would ride him so hard in the courts all he would have left are the ****ing fillings in his teeth. We’re in our early forties.

Wait, what? It was OK for you (multiples times apparently?) because you had counselling and need to move on, but if he did it you'd strip him for all he's worth?!

Equality, eh? Also shows the problem with our Justice/Family Law system too.

Tazium wrote: »
    Doesn't matter to me what gender, beliefs, religion, affiliations, or colour any person behind me identifies with. If I'm in front, I hold the door.

I do the same as is polite. We'd be scolded by Sorcha though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,520 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Tazium wrote: »
    Doesn't matter to me what gender, beliefs, religion, affiliations, or colour any person behind me identifies with. If I'm in front, I hold the door.

“type plus distance equals no door hold” the Larry David rule

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

I'm 56 M , would prefer 28 to 45 female. PM's welcome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I do the same as is polite. We'd be scolded by Sorcha though.

I'd hold it too but I'm a woman so maybe my gesture wouldn't be seen as discrimination, or maybe it makes me not a woman or something who knows anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭Physicskid9

This article will help if you're not familiar with the term:

https:// medium.com/@makemuse/intersectional-feminist-vocab-using-the-term-womxn-b0076aa99794

Generally, I pronounce it the same in spoken word, but depending on the audience I may wish to emphasise it, and it that case I go for 'womanix'.

Obvious troll

• Registered Users Posts: 40,406 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

This article will help if you're not familiar with the term:

https:// medium.com/@makemuse/intersectional-feminist-vocab-using-the-term-womxn-b0076aa99794

Generally, I pronounce it the same in spoken word, but depending on the audience I may wish to emphasise it, and it that case I go for 'womanix'.

I'm familiar with the term, I asked how it was pronounced. pronouncing womxn as womanix just sounds stupid.

That's fine. It's the oppressive denigrating behavior of rushing ahead to get the door for the 'girl' or trying to hold out my chair, or tries to order for me that I cannot abide.

It's ok if he pays for you though.

Obvious troll

That's trollix to you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Obvious troll

Glass houses

• Advertisement

Glass houses

I know it's class isn't it

I'm a hetro male...in my 40's.....and attracted to women.
    I'm a dying breed it seems :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

I'm 25 now.

I generally prefer someone a similar age or younger than myself.

I have found dating older men, that they can be quite closed minded and outright reject accepted societal norms about gender and the toxicity of patriarchal societies and it can be exhausting trying to explain decades of modern sociological research.

Most younger guys are much more in tune with what is acceptable and the first date doesn't end up as me having to explain basic ground rules.

3/10. Must troll harder.

I'm a hetro male...in my 40's.....and attracted to women.
    I'm a dying breed it seems :D

Your hetro and attracted to women. Can't be many of them around

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Your hetro and attracted to women. Can't be many of them around

You'd be surprised...quite a few guys aren't attracted to women..and claim to be hetero...
    could by misogyny loves company

Womanix!!

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

Max 22. Any older and it wouldn't be worth the risk of the wife finding out. I'm 41.

Better make it explicit that this is a joke, in case she has a look at my posts on this.

Womanix!!

:D:D

A woman with bollix....?

A woman with bollix....?

A person who menstruates, who wait, what?

Christ, my daughter's only a wee one and I'm already wondering how the hell I'm going to teach her about all this new fangled stuff that I barely get my head around myself. There'll be no room left inside her poor head for useful stuff :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Antares35 wrote: »
    Would you not save your energy for helping genuinely dis-empowered women, you know like females suffering FGM and child brides etc.
    Populist "feminism" is almost entirely the preserve of about the most pampered demographic on the planet; young, White, middle class college girls trying to figure out life. So the concerns of this "feminism" are almost entirely the concerns in the lives of same. The things you mention are at best talismans for beating the imaginary patriarchy over the head and a way to show their virtue, however temporarily. Like I said they've been around a while, social media and some talking heads in other media just gives them a bigger platform. The almost always grow out of it and get a clue about humanity and life, or not, if they find a way to monetise it for the next batch coming up.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

is that the wife of Asterix?

Or a woman who likes weetabix :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭9db3xj7z41fs5u

I don’t think that we can set a number for our dating range. I think that it’s dependent of many variables. I have dated older and have no regrets! It was a mutually beneficial experience to both parties. I would have missed some of my happiest experiences if I restricted myself to a certain range. We have one life. I take happiness when it comes along.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    This isn't a serious post, right?

You're a womAn dating a straight man in a modern first-world country. You're not a "disempowered" victim, and you can't use that excuse to sponge off him if you can well afford to pay your way - especially at the start of the relationship.

I know it's probably a wind-up but given how much of this US identity politics nonsense seems to be leaking into the Real World here these days, it can be hard to tell, especially among the younger age group.

I remember when I was in third level (a few years ago now!) and all this was just starting to kick off. You could feel it just bubbling beneath the surface. There were occasional rumblings about all men being potential rapists by virtue of the fact that they have a penis (although apparently that's not longer a pre-requisite). I just remember thinking, that's like saying everyone is a potential thief because they have hands. There was also some noise made about sex (even consensual) being inherently violent because it involves a man penetrating a woman. So even where she says yes, it's still kind of rapey, or something. It seemed very disrespectful to actual rape and abuse survivors.

Or a woman who likes weetabix :D

I like them soft and soggy ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 28,826 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I like them soft and soggy ☺️

Don't mind weetabix that way, but cornflakes go right in the bin if they get too soggy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

There were occasional rumblings about all men being potential rapists by virtue of the fact that they have a penis (although apparently that's not longer a pre-requisite)
    I beg to differ, at the minimum I would expect a man to have a penis. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

As a womxn, dating a cis het man, I'm already in a very dis-empowered position. I see him paying as a re balancing of the situation which is not balanced to begin with. That's a consequence of the patriarchal structures we live under. I'd rather enter the situation as an equal, in which case I would of course go halves.

What happens if the soyboy you end up going out with earns less than you? Would you still expect him to pay when he can’t get a job with his female studies/anti-patriarch liberal arts degree??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

A person who menstruates, who wait, what?

Christ, my daughter's only a wee one and I'm already wondering how the hell I'm going to teach her about all this new fangled stuff that I barely get my head around myself. There'll be no room left inside her poor head for useful stuff :D

Like most fads it will hopefully have passed by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

numberwang

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Esel wrote: »
    Wibbs has no sons to speak of....

We don't speak of Wibb's sons....

Advertisement