Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What’s the fastest you’ve ever ridden?

Options
  • 23-01-2021 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

A coworker of mine has a fire blade Honda. She said she got up to 270 kph on the M1. Christ some speed.

I have a GZ250 Suzuki. I have done my Ibt with airport, excellent school. I am still on a learner permit, it’s all on a back burner because of covid. My record is 80 km/h lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

A coworker of mine has a fire blade Honda. She said she got up to 270 kph on the M1. Christ some speed.

I have a GZ250 Suzuki. I have done my Ibt with airport, excellent school. I am still on a learner permit, it’s all on a back burner because of covid. My record is 80 km/h lol

120kph ;======)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Probably under a minute :)

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    Probably under a minute :)

A minute?! I could do it twice in that time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭D3V!L

285 but not on Irish roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

203kmh and accelerating...until i hit a bump in the road and nearly **** myself. not likely to to push that hard in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

121km/h on the M8 :p

121km/h on the M8 :p

Tut tut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dmigsy

190kmph. On a track, obviously. Don't think the SV650 will go much faster tbh.

dmigsy wrote: »
    190kmph. On a track, obviously. Don't think the SV650 will go much faster tbh.

Definitely goes faster, I've hit 235kmph indicated on a k6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dmigsy

zubair wrote: »
    Definitely goes faster, I've hit 235kmph indicated on a k6.

Should read "I'm not brave enough to go any faster when running out of track before the end of the straight". :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭XsApollo

250km/hr in a 9-3 Aero on an Autobahn in Germany.
    And 180mph on the M7 on an R1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Deagol

281km/h via a ZZR-1100 with a tail wind, on a completely empty brand new motorway the day after it opened in July 2009 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Coming from Donegal rally a few years ago on the Bundoran bypass doing about 230kmh in a car when a bike passed us like we were parked. This thing disappeared into the darkenss like nothing I've ever seen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Deagol wrote: »
    281m/h via a ZZR-1100 with a tail wind, on a completely empty brand new motorway the day after it opened in July 2009 :)

That is not that fast, 0.28 km/h is way less than walking speed.
    I'd check the exhaust isn't blocked.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

260kph, the target was to get to 270 but must admit I chickened out, on a private road of course :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

301kph on an RSV4 1100 with a tail wind, not on an Irish road though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Back in the cbr400 days we used to do Nippon Seki all the time:)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭davidglanza

170mph on a zzr1100 on private road...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,172 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

170mph and howling towards the redline. YZF750SP with 'flowed EXUP motor.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭Physicskid9

250 on my mates fireblade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Not really fast, an indicated 105 mph on a 1976 Kawasaki Z750 twin, somewhere. One notable thing is that compared to a Honda Magna VFC750, the wind buffeting didn't seem so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭blade1

If you've time to focus on an analogue Speedo you're not going fast enough :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Had my old Triumph 1050ST "Flat Out" in Germany on what I thought was an AUTOBAHN, turns out it wasnt :rolleyes: I had a few mods on that bike so I reckon it was 160ish old money (mph)

I have not had the current beast (KTM1290) redlined as anytime Ive been in a position too Im full of luggage going to Kerry or Scotland etc...but my **** it can move.

Due a trip up to Crossans very soon to get tyres so might try to break my own land record. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

just finished my IBT and I started bricking it at 100kph, I'll get braver in the future (hopefully!)

bobdcow wrote: »
    just finished my IBT and I started bricking it at 100kph, I'll get braver in the future (hopefully!)

Here I am posting about topping out bikes when I can clearly remember being in lane 1 on a 250 in a slight breeze, sweating bullets, while in lane 3 some lad ripped past and I thought how can he ride that fast in this wind. I'd probably pass that guy on my normal commute now lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

zubair wrote: »
    Here I am posting about topping out bikes when I can clearly remember being in lane 1 on a 250 in a slight breeze, sweating bullets, while in lane 3 some lad ripped past and I thought how can he ride that fast in this wind. I'd probably pass that guy on my normal commute now lol.

I remember my first windy day driving. By god it was all I could do not to pull over and ring the lad I’d bought the bike off and tell him to take it back.

Had a TOTAL crisis of confidence, then started making little errors and mistakes (wrong gear around a bend, stalling etc).

Got home that evening and had dinner then made a point of going out again, just a ten minute spin to get my sh1t together

As for fastest? I think I’ve been up to the heady heights of 80mph, over taking a truck yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Alfaguy

I done 150km/hr on my new S1000RR but it felt like that bike was only cruising up to the traffic lights at that speed. Sure anybody can do crazy speeds once you have a long enough clear road and keep the throttle open for long enough. I recall doing 70 mph on my honda 50 in my teens given the right wind and gradient conditions.

If you want meaningful and sustained speed the motor cycle training course at Templemore is what I would remember most. Four weeks of gruelling training where the normal speed was 100mph (160km/h) outside of built up areas. I passed thankfully but many did not and sadly two gardai have died over the years trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

An indicated 164mph on a blackbird on the M1 can't remember if it was flat out or I chickened out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

My k3 1000 doesn't go past 299kph on the clock :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Wilmol

Alfaguy wrote: »
    I done 150km/hr on my new S1000RR but it felt like that bike was only cruising up to the traffic lights at that speed. Sure anybody can do crazy speeds once you have a long enough clear road and keep the throttle open for long enough. I recall doing 70 mph on my honda 50 in my teens given the right wind and gradient conditions.

If you want meaningful and sustained speed the motor cycle training course at Templemore is what I would remember most. Four weeks of gruelling training where the normal speed was 100mph (160km/h) outside of built up areas. I passed thankfully but many did not and sadly two gardai have died over the years trying.

Genuine question, why do you need such a bike then? Just to look good cruising around town? I think you should be getting a Kawasaki Versys 300.

Max speed I did was 186mph on an s1000rr.

Advertisement