Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What’s the fastest you’ve ever ridden?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Breezin

Not really fast, an indicated 105 mph on a 1976 Kawasaki Z750 twin, somewhere. One notable thing is that compared to a Honda Magna VFC750, the wind buffeting didn't seem so bad.

And the days were always sunnier in the 70s too ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Alfaguy

I think its just I have always liked technological things and gadgets that are beautifully created and designed. So I have always liked nice cars, motorbikes, jeeps, lorries, tractors watches etc. The really nice interesting ones always tend to be very powerful and expensive. That power for me is only a collateral by product of being interesting and well designed so the fact that an S1000RR could comfortably do 250km/h interests me only as a technological achievement even though I would never do that speed myself on one.

But power is not always needed either - my 1988 Fiat Uno 60 interested me as much as my 2005 Porsche 997 C2S (now sold)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Wilmol wrote: »
    Genuine question, why do you need such a bike then? Just to look good cruising around town? I think you should be getting a Kawasaki Versys 300.

Max speed I did was 186mph on an s1000rr.

And what if that is the reason why, is he not entitled to ride the bike he wants for whatever reason? 186mph...maybe you should be the one on a 300.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Wilmol

zubair wrote: »
    And what if that is the reason why, is he not entitled to ride the bike he wants for whatever reason? 186mph...maybe you should be the one on a 300.

Yes, you are making great sense. Stupid me for using the bike for its intended purpose in its country of origin. I'm an idiot, sorry, I will buy a small bike so I won't ride too fast, I think 125cc should be good enough as it won't go over the highest speed limit in the country, 300cc is too much as you can break the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Wilmol

Alfaguy wrote: »
    I think its just I have always liked technological things and gadgets that are beautifully created and designed. So I have always liked nice cars, motorbikes, jeeps, lorries, tractors watches etc. The really nice interesting ones always tend to be very powerful and expensive. That power for me is only a collateral by product of being interesting and well designed so the fact that an S1000RR could comfortably do 250km/h interests me only as a technological achievement even though I would never do that speed myself on one.

But power is not always needed either - my 1988 Fiat Uno 60 interested me as much as my 2005 Porsche 997 C2S (now sold)

Not complaining, the more people like you, the more better kept bikes there are in the second hand market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭Alkers

zubair wrote: »
    Definitely goes faster, I've hit 235kmph indicated on a k6.

Ditto but on a k5, Speedo well off at that speed

Advertisement