Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worried about Bumble Dating contact safety. Should I be?

Options
  • 24-01-2021 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭

I’ll give the short version. Chatting online on Tinder and Bumble. Few matches not important. However matched about 2am with a woman named Paula. We chatted and had a right old laugh till 5am. Then exchanged numbers. Shot her a good night on Whatsapp and sleep. Good fun. However something strange happened.

At 7:30 I woke up to messages saying that she was only joking and was a guy and would love to suck you know what. Still asleep and didn’t compute. Not long after texts start rolling in making threats from presumably some guy that I should stop talking to “his missus”. Half asleep said “who?” and told him to **** off. Then remembered her name was Paula at that moment. Making physical threats and sending pictures of myself to me.

The thing is I heard her voice messages. Definitely a Dublin woman nice accent, seem funny gentle type. A teacher (confirmed this with Google search of her name). That means that a guy either got hold of her phone, was able to text on it, deleted her Bumble account and looks like blocked other stuff. In person from 5am to 7am. Or her phone is hacked and he’s tracking her?

Look anyway. The thing left me with a queasy feeling about her. He had seriously bad vibes. I have her number, name, the second number, no name. What do you guys think. I don’t know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Screenshot

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭phildub

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »
    I’ll give the short version. Chatting online on Tinder and Bumble. Few matches not important. However matched about 2am with a woman named Paula. We chatted and had a right old laugh till 5am. Then exchanged numbers. Shot her a good night on Whatsapp and sleep. Good fun. However something strange happened.

At 7:30 I woke up to messages saying that she was only joking and was a guy and would love to suck you know what. Still asleep and didn’t compute. Not long after texts start rolling in making threats from presumably some guy that I should stop talking to “his missus”. Half asleep said “who?” and told him to **** off. Then remembered her name was Paula at that moment. Making physical threats and sending pictures of myself to me.

The thing is I heard her voice messages. Definitely a Dublin woman nice accent, seem funny gentle type. A teacher (confirmed this with Google search of her name). That means that a guy either got hold of her phone, was able to text on it, deleted her Bumble account and looks like blocked other stuff. In person from 5am to 7am. Or her phone is hacked and he’s tracking her?

Look anyway. The thing left me with a queasy feeling about her. He had seriously bad vibes. I have her number, name, the second number, no name. What do you guys think. I don’t know.

What theats did he make? If he made viable threats against you that would reasonably put you in fear of your life or anyone else's you can report him to garda, if he just told you to **** off and leave his misses alone then there is nothing going to be done about it. Did she reply to you? It could be some kind of weird scam?

phildub wrote: »
    What theats did he make? If he made viable threats against you that would reasonably put you in fear of your life or anyone else's you can report him to garda, if he just told you to **** off and leave his misses alone then there is nothing going to be done about it. Did she reply to you? It could be some kind of weird scam?

I dunno. He framed his threats in scare quotes. Didnt mind taking another charge sheet and all that bollox. But to be able to get access to her phone and do all the account deleting and texting? Most people wouldn’t give their phone up like that without being forced no? I’ll wait to see what replies. It’s just left a bad feeling in the stomach for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

You literally just meet this woman and this happens. Delete her contacts, block her and don’t contact her again. Whatever is going on here it’s clear this has no hope of lasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭phildub

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »
    I dunno. He framed his threats in scare quotes. Didnt mind taking another charge sheet and all that bollox. But to be able to get access to her phone and do all the account deleting and texting? Most people wouldn’t give their phone up like that without being forced no? I’ll wait to see what replies. It’s just left a bad feeling in the stomach for her.

She could have been asleep?! He hasn't made threats against her so the garda won't do anything about that, all you can do is report the threats against you but if she's in a bad situation that could make it worse. If she's in a domestic violence situation its not up to you to save her,you could go through a lot of effort to help her and she could stay with him anyway. I would leave it alone

• Advertisement

eviltwin wrote: »
    You literally just meet this woman and this happens. Delete her contacts, block her and don’t contact her again. Whatever is going on here it’s clear this has no hope of lasting.

Trust me I’ve no interest! :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

What sort of person can function off 2.5 hours sleep a night?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

If that was last night I'd imagine some kind of drinking session was happening. I'd be doubtful if they'll engage again.

Advertisement