Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10 Year bond v Ulster SIDA saving account. Other suggestions

• 24-01-2021 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Looking for some advice. Myself & my wife both pay into company pension. We also do AVCs by 2%
    We also save regularly into credit union which we class as emergency money (something wrong with the house etc)

On top of these regular monthly savings. We are now looking to save €200 per month as a longer investment option. I was looking at the State 10 year bond. Are you able to save monthly into this scheme or is it once of payment ?

The AER is .96% after 10 years . The SIDA account on Ulster is .85% up to 15K.

Could someone also recommend a good way to save 200 per month ?
    I don't want to put extra into my company pension. I've seen my pension go from +10 to -12 & now showing at +16. I don't like the idea of putting all the money in 1 place. I am also totally not clued up on investments etc so forgive my ignorance

Thanks all in advance

Advertisement