Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big thumbs up for Jarvis Transport

Options
  • 24-01-2021 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Just want to recommend Dominic,from Jarvis transport,he inspected ,paid for ,and delivered the bike to my door ,collection in Germany to Kildare
    Cost €400 ,he provided paperwork for vrt purposes,communication from beginning to delivery was excellent,buying a bike you've never seen is always a gamble but bit of research,and fact Dominic also inspected it and rang me to say it was as described,and even managed to get a few quid knocked off as well,very impressed as I bought privately,I have no German and seller had little English,so Dominic was able to do all the communication for me and keep me informed.will be using him for next bike collection,uk seems to much hassle I've bought from U.K. Last year but not worthwhile now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Harry Fox

What did you buy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Id say more transport companies/man with van will be brushing up on their German going forward. Arse is gonna fall out of the UK-Ireland market for bikes and cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭baz69

Bought a derbi mulhacen 659 ,its for the misses,always liked the look of them ,
    Values fluctuate being there not mainstream ,few in the uk ,quite a few in Europe ,spares wise its got the yam xt660r engine ,rest is marzocchi,Sachs,brembo ,out on it yesterday very impressed except for usual bucking bronco on off throttle response,easy sorted ecu reflash,its 08 one owner 9k on clock,bought privately from uk before easy enough ,but language barrier buying private is tricky ,deffo helped having someone that could at least understand some German,always a risk but was only over a couple of grand ,if was big money would probably go dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Another +1 for Jarvis: I used him to ship a car to Austria a few months back, both I new owner very happy with it.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

GBX wrote: »
    Id say more transport companies/man with van will be brushing up on their German going forward. Arse is gonna fall out of the UK-Ireland market for bikes and cars.

The arse has fallen out and is dragging on the ground at this stage. Its game over AFAICS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

baz69 wrote: »
    Germany to Kildare Cost €400

Christ thats excellent value, cost me €330 to get Teds Trucking to grab my last bike, UK to Kildare.

Yeah same used teds trucking last year from uk ,great service,pity the uk is fooked as regards getting anything now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Can he collect at any location in Germany or does it have to be near certain locations on his route? I know when I used overlanders before it was preferable to collect the bike near their base in Memmingen.

Yeah pretty much any location as initially i was looking in different parts of Germany ,before i decided on the bike ,he was doing three other collections and because of the location of the bike I settled on wasn't a huge distance from his last collection ,he said he didn't have to drive hundreds of km out of his way,think that's why the cost was probably slightly less than normal cost ,he even said if the bike wasn't as described and had to walk away,he would only charge me for his fuel and time ,only thing there was a bike in Austria that I was really keen on but that would deffo have been more costly as he would have to hire a transport guy in Austria to meet him and apparently getting in and out of Austria is much stricter.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

baz69 wrote: »
    Just want to recommend Dominic,from Jarvis transport,he inspected ,paid for ,and delivered the bike to my door ,collection in Germany to Kildare
    Cost €400 ,he provided paperwork for vrt purposes,communication from beginning to delivery was excellent,buying a bike you've never seen is always a gamble but bit of research,and fact Dominic also inspected it and rang me to say it was as described,and even managed to get a few quid knocked off as well,very impressed as I bought privately,I have no German and seller had little English,so Dominic was able to do all the communication for me and keep me informed.will be using him for next bike collection,uk seems to much hassle I've bought from U.K. Last year but not worthwhile now.

Savage value. How did you contact them initially? I've just sent them a message on FB as I'm interested in a couple of bikes in Germany.

• Advertisement

Hi get him on WhatsApp he should respond fairly quickly,I wouldn't hesitate in using him again ,also used Teds trucking for a uk collection pre Brexit and found him to be excellent as well.

Advertisement