Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surlaw: Ireland's Guilty Pleasure Number Ones: THE REVEAL!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Now if another person on the Surlaw list could put one up sharpish that'd be great.....:pac:

OR ELSE I'LL DO A ROUND TWO OF THIS YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Don't think I won't!

bubblypop wrote: »
    Ok, so I totally F 'D this up!!!!
    That list should have been the other way round, sorry :(
    First Surlaw for me, My fault. No point changing anything now!
    My fault, you had them numbered correctly, just everyone else had them ordered the other way around

ShaneU wrote: »
    All my pms vanished. Had to get everyone to send them again, sorry about that :o I did remember Dana getting a rather high score from someone :pac:

Ah yes, I see your post explaining that in the FG thread now. The thread that I stopped checking after I sent my list! :o Sorry about that.

Let me just say that I have no time whatsoever for Dana as a person or her terrible political views, but I will not have an Irish Eurovision winner disrespected.....and particularly not in the company of Vanilla Ice and Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep!

This was my list anyways:

12 - The Archies - Sugar, Sugar

10 - Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
    8 - Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now
    7 - The New Seekers - I'd Like Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony)
    6 - Johnny Logan - Hold Me Now
    5 - Dana - All Kinds of Everything :D
    4 - Brotherhood of Man - Save All Your Kisses for Me
    3 - Tight Fit - The Lion Sleeps Tonight
    2 - Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
    1 - Mud - Tiger Feet

Dana was at number one longer than any other song on this list, 9 weeks!

Where was my fancy rhyme ShaneU??
    I was going to say

She ain't no man
    It's JohnGreenFan!

But tbh I wasn't sure :pac:

• Advertisement

Dana was at number one longer than any other song on this list, 9 weeks!

The 35+, skinny jeans and converse wearing, gig-goers are too cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The 35+, skinny jeans and converse wearing, gig-goers are too cool.

The rest of your usual bs aside... :rolleyes:

What the f**k is wrong with converse? They're one of the most comfortable and universally loved shoes. What are you walking around in? Uggs? Penny Loafers? Reeboks?

giphy.gif

The 35+, skinny jeans and converse wearing, gig-goers 26 year old, red sweater vest and earring wearing priests are too cool.

S02E04-MTwz9rIA-subtitled.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

The rest of your usual bs aside... :rolleyes:

What the f**k is wrong with converse? They're one of the most comfortable and universally loved shoes. What are you walking around in? Uggs? Penny Loafers? Reeboks?

giphy.gif
    Anyone over 35 realises their arch support is terrible and you need a much sturdier shoe for walking in :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Anyone over 35 realises their arch support is terrible and you need a much sturdier shoe for walking in :p

Fair enough, I have my own insoles for heel and arch support no matter what shoes I wear, so not something I had considered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Fun game and reveal Shane. Well obviously listening to the music wasn't fun, but apart from that... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Am I the only one who actually liked all their choices? :pac:

I think there were only two songs I really didn't like - Dana & Uptown girl(only because it painfully reminds me the Westlife version)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

I was going to say

She ain't no man
    It's JohnGreenFan!

But tbh I wasn't sure :pac:

It would have worked fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,242 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gru wrote: »
    Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now

literally :pac:
    Which means our winner by a MASSIVE 34 points is...

Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now

Congrats to lovers of 80's cheese everywhere!

A worthy winner, great surlaw ShaneU, all catchy tunes though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Great show Shane.

Some great tunes there but that was my stand out winner when I saw the list. A brilliant tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Irish Aris wrote: »
    A worthy winner.

I am under the impression that Starship have been in a previous Surlaw and did fairly well.

Thank you for organising this Shane, an interesting category and some songs that I really like - and Vanilla Ice is getting reentered in my playlist.

It has been submitted in at least 3 walri as well. its hugely popular!

A lot of those songs did not deserve to be in a list of terrible number 1 songs

-edit-

Actally, well, some..... well, maybe 6 didnt deserve to be there. The rest were fine

Rikand wrote: »
    It has been submitted in at least 3 walri as well. its hugely popular

A new word enters the English language :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Good show Shane. Deserving winner.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yeah I had it in my Surlaw actually :P Deserving winner in fairness.

Rikand wrote: »
    It has been submitted in at least 3 walri as well. its hugely popular!

I just had a look back, myself and Shane were the only people not to give it any points. I really hate that song! :D

• Advertisement

Happy enough that Starship won, mainly because I assumed Wham! would win and I really don't like Wake Me Up Before You GoGo. I like some of George Michael's solo stuff, and there might even be some other Wham! tunes that I'm ok with, but something about that song just annoys the hell out of me. :o

It was actually the only song of the 20 that I wasn't able to listen to from start to finish (though I had heard/endured it several times before, so I didn't really need to).

Thanks for running that Shane :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Happy enough that Starship won, mainly because I assumed Wham! would win and I really don't like Wake Me Up Before You GoGo. I like some of George Michael's solo stuff, and there might even be some other Wham! tunes that I'm ok with, but something about that song just annoys the hell out of me. :o

It was actually the only song of the 20 that I wasn't able to listen to from start to finish (though I had heard/endured it several times before, so I didn't really need to).

Santa got me a keyboard for christmas when I was a kid way back in the late 80's/early 90's and Wake me up before you gogo was the demo track on the keyboard. I just listened to it over and over. Absolutely loved it then and still do now :D

Advertisement