If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Audio STUDIO paired with Marantz PM6007

Options
  • 24-01-2021 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi
    Another question about pairing a Marantz amp with Monitor Audio Studios. Would they pair with the lowered powered PM6007? I have a fairly good streaming system already ( Volumnio Primo) so just want upgrade my Kanto YU 6's . I have a Cambridge Sub Bass Minx which i got from you a few months ago so this may help beef up the system. Have you tried the 6007 with the studios? Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
    Kind regards
    Vivian

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

viv.ie wrote: »
    Hi
    Another question about pairing a Marantz amp with Monitor Audio Studios. Would they pair with the lowered powered PM6007? I have a fairly good streaming system already ( Volumnio Primo) so just want upgrade my Kanto YU 6's . I have a Cambridge Sub Bass Minx which i got from you a few months ago so this may help beef up the system. Have you tried the 6007 with the studios? Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
    Kind regards
    Vivian
    Hi viv.ie,

The Studios are amazing speakers and to be honest most Monitor Audio speakers pair well with the Marantz amps.

It's not a set up we have tried on the floor but they do sound great with any amp we have paired them with! The Studios are incredibly detailed speakers so I think having the sub in the system would be a good idea to fill out the bass frequencies.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭viv.ie

Hi
    Kind regards
    Vivian
    Hi viv.ie,

The Studios are amazing speakers and to be honest most Monitor Audio speakers pair well with the Marantz amps.

It's not a set up we have tried on the floor but they do sound great with any amp we have paired them with! The Studios are incredibly detailed speakers so I think having the sub in the system would be a good idea to fill out the bass frequencies.

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David, order put in for the Studios this morning. Amp wise I'm going to take awhile to think about but grabbed the speakers while on offer.  

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi
    Kind regards
    Vivian
    Hi viv.ie,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David, order put in for the Studios this morning. Amp wise I'm going to take awhile to think about but grabbed the speakers while on offer.  
    No problem at all viv.ie, keep me posted on the amp and thanks again for the order!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭viv.ie

Hi
    Kind regards
    Vivian
    Hi viv.ie,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

After some research and much thought I think I will go with a Yamaha A-S701 which hopefully you have in stock. While not a classic British audiophile amplifier it does have the power (100 watts) to drive a sensitive 4ohm set of speakers like the Monitor Studios at a very good price. Any reviews I've read about the Monitor Audio Studios have plenty of good things to say about them but they all mention that they need plenty of power to reach their full potential. I was tempted by the Arcam 20 which I think would be a good match but not in my budget. Thanks for your advice , I'll phone in the order later today.
    Edit, ended up ordering a Cambridge Audio CXA61 looking forward to hearing my new rig.

Kind regards

Viv

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi
    Kind regards
    Vivian
    Hi viv.ie,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

After some research and much thought I think I will go with a Yamaha A-S701 which hopefully you have in stock. While not a classic British audiophile amplifier it does have the power (100 watts) to drive a sensitive 4ohm set of speakers like the Monitor Studios at a very good price. Any reviews I've read about the Monitor Audio Studios have plenty of good things to say about them but they all mention that they need plenty of power to reach their full potential. I was tempted by the Arcam 20 which I think would be a good match but not in my budget. Thanks for your advice , I'll phone in the order later today.
    Edit, ended up ordering a Cambridge Audio CXA61 looking forward to hearing my new rig.

Kind regards

Viv

Hi Viv.

Thanks for coming back to us and for the business!

The Yamaha YAS701 is out of stock unfortunately.
    I would need to look into an ETA as they are not showing on our stock file.

The CXA61 that you have went for will sound excellent with the Studio's :)
    I've been tempted buy one of them myself for a while now.

I will get the CXA61 shipped out to you today via DPD.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.