Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2020/21- Mod Notes #1

Comments

"A dive" :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The Gang win the Premier League.

• BRUNOOOO THE BEAST!!!!

• "A dive" :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

#neverforget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Few beers now tonight, happy out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Nice to start a thread in a positive mood. Just for future reference tonight was when united dumped liverpool out of the fa cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Ughh back to work tomorrow. We feckin better win on Wednesday.

Nice to start a thread in a positive mood. Just for future reference tonight was when united dumped liverpool out of the fa cup

Yeah. The shítwinds will be blowing once again not before long though. Just enjoy the craic while it lasts, there are still 19 league games to go and over half of the games remaining to win either of the 2 cups we're still in.

Yeah. The shítwinds will be blowing once again not before long though. Just enjoy the craic while it lasts, there are still 19 league games to go and over half of the games remaining to win either of the 2 cups we're still in.

Coming thick and fast too, so many games to laugh some more at Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

This evening’s result has topped off the most enjoyable 2-3 weeks of football results in a longtime.

We may not win anything, but there’s a clear intent and a big improvement since going out of the CL.

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    Coming thick and fast too, so many games to laugh some more at Liverpool.

They have Spurs next in the league :eek:

The smiles are bound to be back on the other sides of our faces not before long.

Oh btw Rasta, you alright with the win after all? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Superb win and a good performance to boot, against the reigning champions if you wouldn't be minding, and yon penalty merchant Bruno Miguel Borges Fernandes who can't do it against big teams scored a worldie from a free kick that has our enemies triggered from here to timbuktu.

Only one thing that can sum it up adequately.

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

By the end of this thread we could be closing in on a treble. The team is playing with a lot more confidence, self-belief and positivity. It’s great to see this squad progressing together

[Simon Stone] OGS says that because he was told he wasn't starting today, Bruno Fernandes stayed on the training field for an extra 30 mins yesterday practising free-kicks.

They have Spurs next in the league :eek:

The smiles are bound to be back on the other sides of our faces not before long.

Oh btw Rasta, you alright with the win after all? :D

I'll survive, just glad there was no extra time and hopefully Rashford isn't injured.

Next round is 2 days after Everton in the PL.

Silly stuff really, we will have to throw that game tbh.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    [Simon Stone] OGS says that because he was told he wasn't starting today, Bruno Fernandes stayed on the training field for an extra 30 mins yesterday practising free-kicks.

Ole said it himself in the post match interview, extra 45 mins he said then. He (Bruno) is a mentality monster, just wants to win. He gave a really good interview post game too.

I'll survive, just glad there was no extra time and hopefully Rashford isn't injured.

At least Bruno only played 15 minutes or so today.

Cavani will definitely need a rest now after this past week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

That’s actually ridiculous and no need for it. Absolutely no reason that league game can’t be played on the Sunday or even Saturday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

wtWCkQN.gif

h4muVtH.gif

dJgxIvu.gif

:D

Allison was dogshyt for those three goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Relikk wrote: »
    wtWCkQN.gif

h4muVtH.gif

dJgxIvu.gif

Cheers for that, I couldn't catch the game but was keeping up here. Some lovely finishes for all 3 goals.

Cavani is having a serious impact, a lot like when zlatan came in. I was happy we signed him always a favourite player of mine.

Bruno has to be one of the best signings in any league for the last calander year. An absolute fkin monster of a man

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

That’s actually ridiculous and no need for it. Absolutely no reason that league game can’t be played on the Sunday or even Saturday night.

Keep your hair on. The Everton game will be moved. Utd already said it will be moved if either Utd or Everton made the 5th round.
    ManUtd wrote: »
    Six days later, on the Monday night, we are due to entertain Everton but that fixture is subject to both United and Carlo Ancelotti's side going out of the Emirates FA Cup by then.
    https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/man-utd-premier-league-fixtures-for-february-2021-confirmed

Lord TSC wrote: »

Used to do it myself after most training sessions. Always a good way to finish training imo especially if you are hitting the free kicks on a saturday or sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Keep your hair on. The Everton game will be moved. Utd already said it will be moved if either Utd or Everton made the 5th round.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/man-utd-premier-league-fixtures-for-february-2021-confirmed

Righteo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

bangkok wrote: »
    Used to do it myself after most training sessions. Always a good way to finish training imo especially if you are hitting the free kicks on a saturday or sunday

We could have gotten you for less than Donny.

PARlance wrote: »

Defo but the legs have gone at this stage :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I was critical of him before but Scott Mctominay has been very good past 6 weeks or so. Been a rock on the middle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Relikk wrote: »
    wtWCkQN.gif

h4muVtH.gif

dJgxIvu.gif

Just a pity the clips don't show the Cavani dive or Thiago bossing the midfield :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

"A dive" :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I thought the game was fun. Now I've quickly relived it by reading some of the comments here. Hilarious doesn't describe some of the rubbish :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Just a pity the clips don't show the Cavani dive or Thiago bossing the midfield :)

Well they seem to be more fact based clips than the fictional ones you seem to be looking for :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

We beat that team like a drunk. They never stood a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

When we were drawn against Liverpool in the Cup I thought these 2 Sundays could really break our season if we don’t approach them right. Now they’ve done the exact opposite, great to get the win today.

Liverpool have never won a game in which thiago started and he was bossed around today by Pogba..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Delighted with a win and also that the risky enough approach worked.

United tired a similar approach v PSG at home and it did not work out that day.

Unlike Anfield, where the approach was stop and try to sneak, today was if you score one, we score 2 or in the end, you score 2 we score 3. That is a risky approach and requires strong responses to when goals are conceded. Unlike some other games against this type of opponent conceding a goal did not really change United outlook and they responded by just continuing to play.

To play that way, where they has a defensive line placed in a way that allows Liverpool the space they want to run into was really brave and could have worked out terribly but without that risk, if they dropped deeper, United would have had no threat the other way so it was a real risk and reward scenario.

Great to see Greenwood looking so dangerous and score, same for Rashford back on the left (hope he is not injured).

Felt bad for Henderson to concede the two he did. For the first he did everything he could to close the space and spread but an amazing finish by Salah.

For the second he was let down by the loss of the ball. United really need to rethink kick outs. Go long is fine once the defence has pushed out. Going long when CBs are in the six yard box means the ball is coming back very fast as United have nobody to pick up the second ball. If they are playing short then they need to be perfect or else things like the second goal happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

PARlance wrote: »

Yeah, but he serves too many suspensions so would miss too many games.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

!00% doing the Treble

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

@optaJoe: 10 - Manchester United have eliminated Liverpool from the FA Cup proper for the 10th time; in the competition's history, only Liverpool themselves (12 v Everton) have knocked a particular side out more times (including finals). Bragging.
    Football heritage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

I was critical of him before but Scott Mctominay has been very good past 6 weeks or so. Been a rock on the middle

I thought his passing was poor today..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I thought his passing was poor today..

Agreed, he'd be far down the list of players I'd be praising today. I thought he was fairly poor.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Mod: reminder, please don't post about other sports

• Just a pity the clips don't show the Cavani dive or Thiago bossing the midfield :)

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,159 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I cant spot the best right back in the world TAA for some reason. Hes meant to be good defensively?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The single most enjoyable thing about this team now is that I dont feel like a game is set in stone within the first 10 minutes. They have gears to go through and can have 20 minutes of domination at any stage. Under Mourinho and LVG, it felt like you could write the after match report after 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

What would lads think of Dominic Calvert-Lewin as an option instead of Haaland. Not suggesting Everton should be selling him but money talks

• Robson99 wrote: »
    What would lads think of Dominic Calvert-Lewin as an option instead of Haaland. Not suggesting Everton should be selling him but money talks

Better lead striker than Martial anyway
    Martial should be kept to the left or right side of attack only

I think Cavani is with us next season I'd suspect so a rotation between both him and Lewin is a good option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Robson99 wrote: »

Absolutely not. What has he done outside of a couple of weeks of good form at the start of the season. He’s been around for years and done fook all. If we are looking for upgrades on Martial, Rashford, Greenwood, and Cavani because of his shelf life, then Calvert-Lewin would not be someone I’d even think about.

Haaland for me is an annoying rumour. He’s another player aligned to Raiola and his father is ex-Leeds and has no love for United. I don’t think there is any desire from Haaland to be a United player and it’d be good if we forgot about him.

• Grand fresh Monday Morning.....connecting to that first zoom meeting be like.....

PRI_173681127-640x360.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Might want to get the calculator out Parlance.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement