Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2020/21- Mod Notes #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭KH25

Another great move.

Lovely to see Donny get the assist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Phew - lovely play - lovely finish from Cavani

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Fcuking class goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That was a masterpiece, beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

****ing get innn

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Lovely goal & Big 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Not a bit of selfishness there from anyone, beautiful, beautiful team goal.

Great result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭paulbok

Weepsie wrote: »
    That was awful by pogba there. Most lazy attempt at a tackle,block and trying to win a free all in one.

And he allegedly wants 500k + image rights of 300k a week to sign s new contract?
    Sooner keep Cavani till he's 40

First win against Burnley at home since 2015 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Enjoyed that.

Really does look like they all enjoy playing with each other.... Henderson has left questions. He should Play till end of season but he has to show progress. Can’t be doing that sort of clown stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Boom shaka blaka

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

First win against Burnley at home since 2015 :eek:

We finally got that monkey off our back.

Delighted.

Glazers Out!

As many points now as we had at end of last season. Progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Lovely team goal.

Cavani looked far happier for VDB there (for the assist) than for himself.
    What a class act he really is.

Please can we keep Edi for another season!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭KH25

10 points clear of 3rd now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,104 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

nullzero wrote: »
    We finally got that monkey off our back.

Delighted.

Interesting thing to call Sean Dyche :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

NOICE!

bMFjea.gif

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Comfortable win would be great today, 3-0 with a Greenwood brace would do it!

Oohhh....Close....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Gary's going to town on the Super League anyway :P :D

Criminal act against the fans! Fine them, dock them points!

He does have a vested interest himself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Gary absolutely going off on all clubs including us who want to break off to the Super League nonsense.

Referred to the owners as bottle merchants with no voice who don’t care for football.

He’s on the money, may be an emotional response but dead on.

I’m sickened we were one of the clubs who agreed. Outrageous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭dmc17

Gary's going to town on the Super League anyway ;P :D

Did I hear him say he was disgusted with United but even more disgusted with Liverpool :D

Gary obviously with vested interests

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Gary absolutely going off on all clubs including us who want to break off to the Super League nonsense.

Referred to the owners as bottle merchants with no voice who don’t care for football.

A big 1 plus from me on this, it's truly sickening but Gary is a bit late to the party, the Glazers have always been like this, they are a cancer on our club and they'll do anything to feed their greed

Gary's going to town on the Super League anyway :P :D

He’s dead right to go off on this Super League. Been a fan of United all my life but if they were to break off I’d struggle to support them.

• Advertisement

He’s spot on. I hope the clubs get absolutely hammered.

I hope They are all thrown out of the EPL and left to figure it out. Screw the glazers and these foreign owners. They don’t care about anybody in this forum or any fan of the club.

Headshot wrote: »
    A big 1 plus from me on this, it's truly sickening but Gary is a bit late to the party, the Glazers have always been like this, they are a cancer on our club and they'll do anything to feed their greed

Not just glazers going after all the owners.

He’s dead right to go off on this Super League. Been a fan of United all my life but if they were to break off I’d struggle to support them.

Oh no he's right, but I doubt he's the right one saying it.

Paid handsomely by Sky and owns a football League club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Not just glazers going after all the owners.

Liverpool is the big shock from me, didn't see it coming

I wonder does he have the same view about the initial breakaway of the Premier League from the football league? his reaction is laughable , on sky no less, the company who started this ball rolling 30 years ago and has made fortunes from inflated subscriptions.

How can they be compared? I don’t see them similar at all.

The Premier League breakaway still stayed in the English football pyramid. Still contributed to finances of all the pyramid and offered relegation and promotion still for football league teams.

The Super League would be a JP Morgan backed closed league with no intended benefit or impact at all for any lower league clubs or domestic leagues. It closes off the richest clubs to avoid fear of losses or relegation by allowing them to split the profits amongst each other.

There’s a reason it’s been squashed before and a reasons discussions with clubs have been done secretly.

How anyone can defend it is beyond me. How it can be compared to the PL breakdown is rich too. Yes that was driven by tv rights and money but it wasn’t like this.

• Advertisement

Come off it.

If he doesn’t say anything he’s ripped apart, if he does he’s not the one who should say it.

Clearly was a passionate and emotional outburst by him not a business standpoint one. And I’m with him on it 100%.

Imagine if fans were in the stands and we had interviews with them during announcements like these.

Saying club announcements by 9pm.

Let’s see what they come out with.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

This is the endgame for American owners who resent having to spend money in order to maintain a high standard. You see it when they don’t invest in years we finish top four.

They see the club as a money maker, and as more teams start fighting for top four, their investment needed to maintain profits gets higher. They don’t want that.

I really wish this idea would bomb horribly enough to force them to sell the club. If they don’t want to run a football club, Let them bugger off.

Saying club announcements by 9pm.

Let’s see what they come out with.

As c*nty as this all is and I’m Disgusted , it is kind of like a car crash you can’t take your eyes off. Interested to see how the glazers twist the narrative.

Look at our stadium. Look at what they have done with the first team since SAF retired. Look at the debt. Look at them selling shares and taking it all for themselves. Leeches. Nothing more, nothing less. This super league is nothing to do with the fans, no United fan should be under any illusion, they don’t care what we think or what we want, they are doing this for themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I don't think he's talking with any other hat on tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭tinpib

The new Super League would be a huge threat to Sky so no doubt Gary was encouraged by the higher ups to absolutely let loose on TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,773 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Have you seen how difficult they have made it to get promoted though? the obscene money needed to climb divisions, saddling huge debt on clubs. This ball has been rolling for so long but now people are crying over it. They've nearly closed off the CL and if todays power play works they'll close it off further. Its such disgusting bollocks , what is the point of it all? CL is a non event til the KO's because thats what the big clubs want. Elite football has long been dead my friends, its only now people are realising.

It was always difficult to get promoted. Staying up may not have been as difficult, but getting up to the top division was always hard. Clubs gamble on spending huge money to do so,and often fail, but a lot of sensibly run clubs have done it without going mad and gambling everything away.

It's striking that 4 of the clubs pushing it in the uk are US owned who would very much like to see the closed shop operation of the nfl in which there are caps and they are guaranteed profit.

I know I like to moan a lot, but I've followed the club since I was a kid, and I'd have to give up on them once and for all if this does go ahead.

I'd like to think it would benefit the league of ireland, but with the fai involved in anyway, I doubt they'd capitalize in it well enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Headshot wrote: »
    Liverpool is the big shock from me, didn't see it coming

They’ve been involved in negotiations all along

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Liverpool have American owners too....

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    I don't think he's talking with any other hat on tbf.

Yeah, true, but there was just something about it for me.

Obviously he was speaking from those standpoints, but he was also attempting to take the whole working man's club ground, which is pretty well dead and buried by now.

A little overemotional and maybe even a little contrived for me, but that's just my take on it.

The working man's club died long before today.

I'd love if all clubs followed the German model and didn't allow commercial interests to own more than 49%

Yeah, true, but there was just something about it for me.

Obviously he was speaking from those standpoints, but he was also attempting to take the whole working man's club ground, which is pretty well dead and buried by now.

A little overemotional and maybe even a little contrived for me, but that's just my take on it.

The working man's club died long before today.

I'd love if all clubs followed the German model and didn't allow commercial interests to own more than 49%

Gary has called for independent regulators before and has praised the German system in the past.

Quotes from 2018 when he was calling for reform.

“I don’t want the Glazer family, John W Henry or Roman Abramovich or Daniel Levy running football in this country,”

It’s not like he hasn’t spoken about the need to fix the issues before.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Liverpool have American owners too....

When this stuff first broke a few months back wasn't it reported that it was the Glazers and FSG pushing the hardest for it?

When you look at Liverpools owners, they don't seem a whole lot better either. I'm sure a Liverpool fan can expand on it more but as a United fan, it's strange that they reach the CL final one year, win it the next, win the PL the following and Klopp is shopping around the depths of the Bundesliga and the Championship at the end of January to bring in a few CBs after injuries to their defence dismantled their season. Maybe that was more Klopp than the owners I'm not sure, but I've definitely wondered where all their money has gone over the last year or two. Not to mention their decision to furlough their staff at the start of the pandemic only to reverse it after a PR backlash.

Then you have Arsenal who have another parasite as an owner. It's actually depressing looking back on our rivalry with them in the 90s-00s and seeing what they've become now. Another club who let go of a lot of their staff during the pandemic and then gave Willian £200+ a week.

These American owners are all the same. They don't give a **** about the clubs or their fans. It's just profit profit profit.

Someone more versed in the Bundesliga than me can probably explain more but their 50+1 rule on club ownerships seems the ideal way to go, but it'll likely never happen in England.

The statement from the clubs later will be interesting. I'd imagine it might be getting amended after the initial backlash or will they come out fighting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I don’t get the greed argument.

The average match day ticket for the premier league is about €70,

1k for a season ticket (doesn’t include cup games)

€75 for the full sports subscription package.

A football jersey can cost anything between €70 - €90.

In 2018, the UK segment of the Premier League TV rights sold for £4.5bn, down from a £5.1bn high in 2015. The Premier League TV rights for 2022 to 2025 will go under the hammer in the next few months. What’s that gonna cost?

Just for the record, I’m against the idea of a European super league, but please spare me the details about greed in football, that ship sailed a long time ago Gary.

Gary has called for independent regulators before and has praised the German system in the past.

Quotes from 2018 when he was calling for reform.

“I don’t want the Glazer family, John W Henry or Roman Abramovich or Daniel Levy running football in this country,””

It’s not like he hasn’t spoken about the need to fix the issues before.

Fair enough and hopefully something is done but it probably won't.

I still imagine this is some kind of negotiating tactic, they obviously didn't get everything they wanted from UEFA so throw this out there ahead of next week's announcement.

It's interesting that the clubs are releasing a statement tonight, which means it could be more than just about applying pressure to UEFA.

They're all pretty contemptible from UEFA to Sky to the Glazers, so I'm not going to get too worked up about it.

I'd love to see it, imagine it, real football against the best teams week in week out. We're big enough to be in with the big boys if this gets the go ahead and we're good enough under Ole to mix it with any of them. To be honest fcuk the likes of West brom and Burnley we deserve to be in with the best teams.

Now I've been hearing about this breakaway for years and I've no doubt that it will never happen. Needs to be backed by a large TV company ie sky sports.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

kerplun k wrote: »

In 2018, the UK segment of the Premier League TV rights sold for £4.5bn, down from a £5.1bn high in 2015. The Premier League TV rights for 2022 to 2025 will go under the hammer in the next few months. What’s that gonna cost?

Just for the record, I’m against the idea of a European super league, but please spare me the details about greed in football, that ship sailed a long time ago Gary.

Exactly. And one of these big money clubs will very soon pay 1 player €1m per week. Then you have FIFA who covered up what the likes of Blatter and Platini were up to, and the English football authorities covering up systematic child abuse by licensed coaches in recent years. Sky employees castigating this is nauseating as their goose laying their golden eggs is under threat. And the PL making an absolute shambles of the game with their interpretation of VAR.

kerplun k wrote: »

I think their main greed argument is referring to clubs just splitting the tv money amongst themselves rather than the rest of the footballing pyramid.

Of course there is already greed and the money should be split more evenly but this would result in them not splitting it with the others. Just amongst the teams in super league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Was GNEV out front and centre against Glazers taking over the club? was he ****. on his high horse about something that will directly effect his line of work.

The Glazer takeover was what, 2002/2003?
    Back then Neville was a 20something footballer who doubtless cared little for anything that was happening in football outside of 'who I will be battling on the right side of the pitch next Saturday'.
    He has a voice and a platform now and to me (Pool fan who dislikes GN the footballer) he seems to use it for good so fair dues to him. That he wasn't as vocal or politically minded 18 years ago seems harsh to hold against him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement