Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2020/21- Mod Notes #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

https://twitter.com/manunitedzone_/status/1383906941756313607?s=21

Not a mention about fans or anything. Simply world class completion and facilities

Glazers are scum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Not a mention about fans or anything. Simply world class completion and facilities

Glazers are scum.

He can put his money where his mouth is and start putting money into Old Trafford. The place has been falling apart for years under his leadership.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Disgusted by this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

This is one of these ideas that seems like a good idea to those dreaming it up but there’s going to be such a backlash to this that it won’t go ahead and it’ll just be a stain on the club for a generation. I’ve lost my youthful love for Manchester United well before today but I think this will ruin it for almost every fan now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Glazers are scum.

World class money for them to siphon out of the club. That's all it means to him/them.

Vile.

°°°°°

World class money for them to siphon out of the club. That's all it means to him/them.

Vile.

Think of all the Superbowls they can win now!

Awesome!

Glazers Out!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

GSPfan wrote: »
    This is one of these ideas that seems like a good idea to those dreaming it up but there’s going to be such a backlash to this that it won’t go ahead and it’ll just be a stain on the club for a generation. I’ve lost my youthful love for Manchester United well before today but I think this will ruin it for almost every fan now.

What’s going to stop them?

The glazers have shown for over a decade they don’t massively care about fans. They’ve let Ot fall apart, turned us from habitual league winners into “every other year” CL qualifiers. They’ve just survived 14 months of no fans attending, and at the end of it, have just tripled their annual income!

They won’t care about the backlash. Every club tonight announcing this knows it would be reacted too badly. They’ve weighed that against the income, and the guess that enough fans will stick around, and decided to ignore the backlash.

Money talks, and the level of money involved is insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It’s going ahead. Glazers ain’t going nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

3 billion each.... talks of point deductions and relegation are meaningless Glazer's wont care.... 3 billion in their pocket.

Footballs soul is being purchased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

God I hate these parasite bastards. To think there was a poster in here recently saying the Glazers aren’t that bad.

On bright side we might get Haaland for 600m now.

Glazers are scum.

He did mention the fans, harping on about this is what 4 billion footbal fans globally want.

No ones asked for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

What the blistering fùck.

• Advertisement

God I hate these parasite bastards. To think there was a poster in here recently saying the Glazers aren’t that bad.

If there was any doubt, its gone now. Im not surprised.

On bright side we might get Haaland for 600m now.

Going to be same mad prices this summer.

Every club will double their prices for us now. Probably won’t be buying anyone off the other founders.

Meanwhile, if the Big Six leave the PL, will the likes of Grealish or Rice stick round in a second tier competition? Going to see the Founders hoovering up players this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I didn't think i could possibly hate the blood sucking glazers more than i already hated them, they have not only destroyed man utd but now destroyed football too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

This absolute nonsense.

I’m just hoping something stops it before it goes any further.

Going to be a long angry drawn out process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

What next they rebuild OT....in America?

• Advertisement

What next they rebuild OT....in America?

This is the thing. Won’t be long before games are being played in Beijing, Dubai, LA etc. **** the local fans.

United actually contacted me last week asking if I was still interested in being on the season ticket list for next season while they await renewals. They can get ****ed.

Lord TSC wrote: »

Every club will double their prices for us now. Probably won’t be buying anyone off the other founders.

Meanwhile, if the Big Six leave the PL, will the likes of Grealish or Rice stick round in a second tier competition? Going to see the Founders hoovering up players this summer.

Yes, very interesting times ahead. This will go in tit for tat for a while no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,043 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

What really annoys me about this is the amount of money been throw around to these clubs especially when you see so many clubs from the lower leagues properly struggling to stay a float that need finance help. I've been a United fan since I was 5 or 6 but I really hope this doesn't actually go ahead and all the clubs involved including United get some serious repercussions over it. It feels like a giant f**k you to the fans,the community,the history of the club etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,104 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

They're not proposing to leave the PL. And the PL isn't going to eject them either. Without them the billions disappear.

I do agree however that the rich will now get even richer and that other clubs will be asset stripped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

It’s only when I read this and seen other clubs posting to social media that it feels very real.

Worrying times ahead I’m afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Hope the FA and Uefa have the balls to bring the hammer down.

It’s like some bizarre pre-season tournament that they are trying to turn into the real thing.

Statement is bizarre. All this talk about working with domestic leagues and Uefa while they have publicly denounced this idea.

If scheduling and fixtures was already an issue god love them with the idea of another league added to the mix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,043 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

They're not proposing to leave the PL. And the PL isn't going to eject them either. Without them the billions disappear.

I do agree however that the rich will now get even richer and that other clubs will be asset stripped.

Would they still be allowed to play in the domestic leagues,champions league and europa league!? I think they should be throw out of all them

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Would they still be allowed to play in the domestic leagues,champions league and europa league!? I think they should be throw out of all them
    They intend to play in this instead of the CL/EL, so they wouldn't be too bother to be kicked out of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

PsychoPete wrote: »

I would love for the EPL to throw them out and for it all to come crashing down on the glazers. There’s little left of the club I grew up supporting, I’d nearly get more satisfaction seeing them lose a fortune at thus stage. Thanks EPL for f*cking over the fans and yourselves by leaving the back door open for this robbery.

What you will get in that league is “the big 6” effectively doing what Bayern have been doing for years , they will hoard the best of the players from the other teams and dominate the EPL even more.

As Neville said, even though it’s been tough seeing United struggle, that’s what makes the good times better. The effort to try and win every season will not exist in this shallow Yankee piece of sh*t closed shop format.

• Advertisement

Does any true fan actually want this?

°°°°°

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Does any true fan actually want this?

Not a hope.

This has been something that creature Florentino Perez has been dreaming up for years.

It will end up that the clubs signing up for this will be untouchable in the new Champions league format. That's what it's really about.

Beyond stating what the competition format will be nothing concrete about how it will be governed has been mentioned. It looks like a big gun being put to the head of UEFA loaded with blanks.

We haven't competed in the Champions League regularly for years. We don't deserve to be at the top table of football because our scumbag owners have been happy to screw the club for every Penny whilst letting the squad and the stadium fall into disrepair. Now they get to sit back and do nothing and get everything they want. I'm ashamed United are associated with this, but not surprised, I've been ashamed of our owners for years.

Glazers Out!

What’s going to stop them?

The glazers have shown for over a decade they don’t massively care about fans. They’ve let Ot fall apart, turned us from habitual league winners into “every other year” CL qualifiers. They’ve just survived 14 months of no fans attending, and at the end of it, have just tripled their annual income!

They won’t care about the backlash. Every club tonight announcing this knows it would be reacted too badly. They’ve weighed that against the income, and the guess that enough fans will stick around, and decided to ignore the backlash.

Money talks, and the level of money involved is insane.

Well Uefa and Fifa have already threatened exclusion of players from national tournaments and government officials are commenting on it so I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion yet.

Maybe there’s going to be some compromise and it’ll happen in some way but this is a fight for survival and Uefa and Fifa will have to respond with their best counter strike now.

https://otp.tools.investis.com/clients/us/manchester_united/usn/usnews-story.aspx?newsid=74310&cid=972

The final paragraph “about Manchester United “ wrote by glazer all about how great the income streams are via our club.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Posted in the other thread thinking it was this thread.

Totally against this, especially if United get kicked out of the domestic league.

All the new money will go to the Glaziers as there will be no reason to invest.

If we get removed from the domestic league then that means the end of the u21s and u18s teams and bringing through academy players which to me is the complete backbone to the club and its history.

I'm so angry at this news and I will be done with United if the FA decide to kick the teams out of the domestic leagues/cups.

The Glazers and Woodward ruining everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭bassy

will never happen if the fa and uefa have any back bone..................................................

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Pity, this could get ugly. Ole seems like a decent guy, can see him walking away from all of this after his hard work getting us to el semis.

****in hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

°°°°°

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

nullzero wrote: »
    Not yet anyway.

I'm not sure why uefa would suspend them, TV stations have paid a lot of money to show those games, advertisers have paid a lot of money to the TV stations to be shown during the broadcast of those games. If games don't go ahead presumably there are penalties.

°°°°°

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I'm not sure why uefa would suspend them, TV stations have paid a lot of money to show those games, advertisers have paid a lot of money to the TV stations to be shown during the broadcast of those games. If games don't go ahead presumably there are penalties.

I think we're all kind of hoping some grand gesture will arrive condemning this in the strongest terms possible.

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

How much of the Champions League trickles down to other clubs?

Gary Neville was ranting and raving about “the pyramid” but the six clubs are proposing to stay in the Premier League.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s cynical opportunism, but are UEFA the good guys?

Gary Neville was ranting and raving about “the pyramid” but the six clubs are proposing to stay in the Premier League.

I really like Gary Neville but his views are compromised due to his ownership of a football league club and his employment with Sky.

In saying that.... football has been heavily influenced by money in the last 40 years and it has exaggerated problems with competitive fairness. But, it has never eliminated the chances of any club to go from non-league to Champions League. This Super League format stops that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭larchielads

Whats the point in them stayin in prem league when all they have to do is not get relegated from it, and just finish high enough to keep earnin a few bob cos theres no point in tryin to win it cos their aint not champs league to play in and sure what if they do get relegated, they still have the the super duper money league to save em.

And another thing when they have a super duper league fixture between real, barca etc on a tues or wed nite theyre gonna start restin their big players for that fixture on the Saturday , sunday games and poor old joe shmoe still gonna have to cough up a fortune to watch man utd reserves get trounced by jamie vardy and leicester or bamford and leeds.

No thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Ferguson:-

“I’m not sure [if] Manchester United are involved in this, as I am not part of the decision making process,” he added.

“Talk of a Super League is a move away from 70 years of European club football. Both as a player for a provincial team Dunfermline in the 60s and as a manager at Aberdeen winning the European Cup Winners’ Cup, for a small provincial club in Scotland it was like climbing Mount Everest,”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-european-super-league-20413650.amp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Ferguson:-

“I’m not sure [if] Manchester United are involved in this, as I am not part of the decision making process,” he added.

“Talk of a Super League is a move away from 70 years of European club football. Both as a player for a provincial team Dunfermline in the 60s and as a manager at Aberdeen winning the European Cup Winners’ Cup, for a small provincial club in Scotland it was like climbing Mount Everest,”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-european-super-league-20413650.amp

Will be interesting to see if he stays silent after he learns Utd “are part of it”, very much part of it actually!

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see if he stays silent after he learns Utd “are part of it”, very much part of it actually!

I’m fascinated to see what the reactions of players and managers are today.

Do any come out against this? Does any of the big name managers walk? Klopp is on record as being against this. Does he stick to that and resign? Do any players threaten to strike, based on the fact they haven’t signed up for it? Based on the fact their international careers are being threatened.

Or do they all stay quite, every player over 12 teams, and look forward to a bigger pay cheque....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭paulbok

I doubt the FA /UEFA will do anything to the clubs until the season is over, it'd effect existing tv/sponsorship deals too much and raise all kinds of legal challenges.
    I can see this affecting player recruitment for the clubs involved. A lot of top players will be fine with it, more cash for them and their agents, but some may think twice about joining if they get banned from international competition. Certainly they'll insist on exit clauses in the event of sh1t happening
    Inversely, will clubs look to beef up their teams and stock up on players ahead of the move? Haven't gone through the details of the proposal but if there are any caps in spending etc, they may look to be in strong position to start with. Those clubs with aims to go on and win it that is, our shower of leeches will just do enough to keep us ticking over.
    I actually feel sick about this.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement