Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2020/21- Mod Notes #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,335 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

That’s what you want to see in a derby.... rather then an unnamed Manchester United captain affectionately hugging the opposition (Harry Maguire)

Yeah, I want to see my captain be racist.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I only saw the last 20 minutes and Milan were down to ten men. Dalot did fine defensively but barely passed the half way line. He was mainly up against Kolarov for 10 minutes and Young for 10 minutes so it's not like he was being tested by Europe's elite.

In my eyes he's a goner, this loan feels like a shop window more than a means to get valuable first team football.
    Milan were down to 10 and were basically defending and trying to hold Inter out from the minute Ibra got sent off. None of them were bombing forward.
    Inter had 27 shots and 10 on target. Milan had one shot on target (thier goal) in the whole game.

Now I don't think Dalot has a future while OGS is there, but it's a bit harsh to be judging him on 20 mins of one game.

Where is this racist accusation coming from? I've not heard or seen anything that claims Ibra said anything racist. And I watched the game live last night.

Where is this racist accusation coming from? I've not heard or seen anything that claims Ibra said anything racist. And I watched the game live last night.

"Get you doll and do your voodoo ****'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

yep, this is pretty racist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ahh here let me off right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

yep, this is pretty racist

How?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Zlatan when he was with Lukaku at utd...

At Manchester United, we made a bet: ‘I’ll give you £50 for every decent first touch you make.

:)

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ahh here let me off right now.

So you think that comment is perfectly acceptable. Right. We massively disagree on this. IMO it is clearly racist as it is baiting based on his skin colour. Same energy as the Adebayor chants about his dad washing elephants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Zlatan referenced Vodoo.... in relation to below....

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/09/romelu-lukaku-voodoo-message-everton-chelsea-farhad-moshiri

Everton’s major shareholder, Farhad Moshiri, has claimed Romelu Lukaku refused to extend his contract at Goodison Park after a voodoo message told him to join Chelsea.

Lukaku was sold to Manchester United for £75m in the summer having rejected a contract worth £140,000 a week at Everton in March. The Belgium international had wanted to rejoin Chelsea at the time and, according to Moshiri, may have extended his stay at Goodison but for a religious intervention.

And you've lads creaming themselves by playing the racist card.

• So you think that comment is perfectly acceptable. Right. We massively disagree on this. IMO it is clearly racist as it is baiting based on his skin colour. Same energy as the Adebayor chants about his dad washing elephants.

Explain please

So you think that comment is perfectly acceptable. Right. We massively disagree on this. IMO it is clearly racist as it is baiting based on his skin colour. Same energy as the Adebayor chants about his dad washing elephants.
    Last time I checked Voodoo was a religion, not a race.

And the most racist thing about this is the assumption that vodoo is only for black people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Clearly a lot of underlying racism in this too

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/09/romelu-lukaku-voodoo-message-everton-chelsea-farhad-moshiri

Everton’s major shareholder, Farhad Moshiri, has claimed Romelu Lukaku refused to extend his contract at Goodison Park after a voodoo message told him to join Chelsea.

Lukaku was sold to Manchester United for £75m in the summer having rejected a contract worth £140,000 a week at Everton in March. The Belgium international had wanted to rejoin Chelsea at the time and, according to Moshiri, may have extended his stay at Goodison but for a religious intervention.

Lukaku refuted that allegation, and possibly took legal action over (at least threatened it) because (1) it was untrue and (2) he found it offensive

Given it was untrue, I would also say it was a racist comment from Farhad Moshiri

That is a weak ass argument.

Last I heard eating a banana is consumption of food, not a race. If ZI had told RL to have a banana and calm down would you say "He was just telling him to eat".

FFS.

• Lukaku refuted that allegation, and possibly took legal action over (at least threatened it) because (1) it was untrue and (2) he found it offensive

Given it was untrue, I would also say it was a racist comment from Farhad Moshiri

Do you have a source for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

And the most racist thing about this is the assumption that vodoo is only for black people.

ec592df4553b63731f8df6bc10f049a4.jpg

Do you have a source for this?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/10/romelu-lukaku-legal-action-farhad-moshiri-voodoo-manchester-united-everton
    A representative for Lukaku told BBC Sport: “Romelu’s decision had nothing to do with voodoo. He distances himself from these beliefs and this statement and will now see what judicial steps can be taken in relation to them.

“Romelu is very Catholic and voodoo is not part of his life or his beliefs. He simply had no faith in Everton and no confidence in Mr Moshiri’s project. That is why he did not want to sign on any condition. He wanted to make the next step in his career and wanted the security to be able to leave.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Given how they've been performing I'd be very surprised if we lose that game.

The fact is we're a far better team in the best form we've been in in years. 3 points are there for the taking and I think defeat to that Arsenal side is unacceptable at the moment.

Arsenal have won 5 and drawn 1 of their last 6 PL games though. They are up to 8th, and one of the form teams in the league. They'll definitely be putting it up to us on Saturday.

Yeah they've been improving to be fair, but we really should win this game.

Your opinion doesn't mean that its racist. I have a few opinions on you too but i could be wrong they are just my opinions.

Thats whats wrong with this world too many people on keyboards have opinions and think the world should follow in line of their opionion without any context.

you've wiped the floor with the racism apologists to be fair.

The comments were racist then and they are racist now, associating voodoo with black/africans is racist, end of story.

you look pretty silly now, "creaming themselves" - OF COURSE associating black or african lads with voodoo is racist

there is no scenario where it is not

Your opinion doesn't mean that its racist. I have a few opinions on you too but i could be wrong they are just my opinions.

Thats whats wrong with this world too many people on keyboards have opinions and think the world should follow in line of their opionion without any context.

You've a few opinions on me too? Fookin hell - didn't know it was going to come to that. My opinion of you is you're a nice guy, clearly your opinion on me differs. And not just because we have a difference of opinion on what should be considered racist or not.

As for thinking the world should fall in line with their opinion.... that exactly describes your reaction to my opinion. So glass houses and all that.

you are 100% on the wrong side of this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

107a97ca5bd4a571edcebec54a66fc32.jpg

Me coming into the thread this morning to talk about tonight's important game..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Looking forward to tonight's game, we need to start fast and get an early goal because Sheff Utd will be keeping things tight and these are games we struggle in the longer it goes without a goal.

Early goal, Sheff Utd open up and we hit them again.

Lay down a marker tonight

you've wiped the floor with the racism apologists to be fair.

The comments were racist then and they are racist now, associating voodoo with black/africans is racist, end of story.

How? You can't just say 'end of story' without explaining how - given the previous context of Moshiri's quote - that Ibra was being racist.

Maybe if Ibra said it to a black person with no previous context or had come out said 'as a black person he probably practices voodoo', then that could be construed as racist.

Also, number of allegations of racism from Lukaku in that article = 0.
    He distances himself from these beliefs

That's it. His distanced himself from the accusation that he practices voodooism.

For what it's worth, a lot of racist remarks have been made about me in the past, but not every comment is racist.

• Advertisement

You've a few opinions on me too? Fookin hell - didn't know it was going to come to that. My opinion of you is you're a nice guy, clearly your opinion on me differs.t.

See this hear Mitch is exactly what i mean...

Why do you just assume my opinion on you is different? Is it because i havent a different opinion about when we should judge someone a racist? I disagree woth my mothers ild fashioned look at things on life does that mean i think she is not a nice person?

I never said to you i had a bad opinion about you at all you just assumed that I dont think you're nice same as you're assuming that zlatan was been racist because you have the opinion that what he said was racist.

Its wrong to assume Mitch it causes unneeded stress just sit back and take stick before jumping to conclusions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

DMgd2FhtBM0a.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Yeah its a joke innit. Snowflakes everywhere. Should be allowed say what we want. If people get offended, thats on them

See this hear Mitch is exactly what i mean...

Why do you just assume my opinion on you is different? Is it because i havent a different opinion about when we should judge someone a racist? I disagree woth my mothers ild fashioned look at things on life does that mean i think she is not a nice person?

I never said to you i had a bad opinion about you at all you just assumed that I dont think you're nice same as you're assuming that zlatan was been racist because you have the opinion that what he said was racist.

Its wrong to assume Mitch it causes unneeded stress just sit back and take stick before jumping to conclusions.

In the context of the post 'I have some opinions of you' didn't particularly scream complimentary.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

People like Zlatan and don't like Lukaku based on their character or something and Zlatan's being a bit of a bantersaurus. That and how they left the club.

100% if that was Suarez, Costa, Salah, Aguero making that comment to a current man utd (or Evra because everyone loves him it seems) player ye'd be absolutely frothing and wetting yourselves with glee at the prospect of a ban.

IF it's not racist, it's downright ignorant and has a hell of a lot racist overtones. To claim otherwise and say "pc gone mad" is just being willfully ignorant and part of the problem.

In the context of the post 'I have some opinions of you' didn't particularly scream complimentary.

In your opinion they don't but that doesn't mean that they are bad.

My point is proven so I think I'll leave you at it.

How? You can't just say 'end of story' without explaining how - given the previous context of Moshiri's quote - that Ibra was being racist.

Maybe if Ibra said it to a black person with no previous context or had come out said 'as a black person he probably practices voodoo', then that could be construed as racist.

Also, number of allegations of racism from Lukaku in that article = 0.

That's it. His distanced himself from the accusation that he practices voodooism.

For what it's worth, a lot of racist remarks have been made about me in the past, but not every comment is racist.
    The context is, at best, ZI knew Lukaku was accused, incorrectly, of practicing voodoo and threatened legal action on it - so used it to bait him.

IMO, the original comment, being untrue, is racist. And using a racist comment aimed at RL in the past, to bait him during an argument, is fecking scummy. at best.

The context is, at best, ZI knew Lukaku was accused, incorrectly, of practicing voodoo and threatened legal action on it - so used it to bait him.

IMO, the original comment, being untrue, is racist. And using a racist comment aimed at RL in the past, to bait him during an argument, is fecking scummy. at best.

Thanks for explaining.

I see where you're coming from on that, but I don't fully agree.

yep, the Moshiri comment was racist to begin with - a totally unfounded story about a woman who told her son not to move clubs because of Voodoo, when that man happens to be black - that is racist. No two ways about that.

Ibrahimovic then uses this racist lie to further bait that same black player?

That is also racist - he knew he would upset Lukaku by repeating a racist lie about him. That is racist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Would ye ever shut up ye absolute bunch of fannies.

Am offended

Weepsie wrote: »
    100% if that was Suarez, Costa, Salah, Aguero making that comment to a current man utd (or Evra because everyone loves him it seems) player ye'd be absolutely frothing and wetting yourselves with glee at the prospect of a ban..

This is the absolute truth of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Dutch speakers on reddit heard a completely different exchange.
    Zlatan said "go to your moedertje", emphasising on the "tje" part.
    Moedertje means mummy in Dutch.

Would explain why Lukaku kept shouting "you want to speak about my mother?", he's talked about how protective he is of his mother before. And sure aren't we all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

So tonights game. Need a quick start. Was this the game martial got a hat trick in after the restart? Could do with him banging in a couple to get his confidence back up and going

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Mod Note

Stop all the Racist commentary now please, take it to PM if ye wish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

I've been looking at the fixture list for Feb and Utd and its a very tough month. We have 8 games and are basically playing every weekend and mid-week throughout the month.

City have pretty much the same schedule but Liverpool have two games less. We are in a good position right now but if things are not managed correctly we could easily be outside the top four come the end of the month. I think Ole really needs to play the 2nd string team in the Europa. If we go out fine, then concentrate on the league and FA cup.

Its January and winning the league is still a big ask for us and too early imo but if we keep up the good form a comfortable top four finish should be within reach, although its difficult not to get your hopes up about winning the league but City will be tough to beat. With their UCL schedule and wanting to win that it may effect their league form and then we have an outside chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

tenor.gif?itemid=11907187

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Pipmae

I stole this from the Liverpool thread - Mods if that's against the rules please delete.

I thought it showed the fixtures really clearly. It's full on that's for sure.

h2c9FiZ.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Milan were down to 10 and were basically defending and trying to hold Inter out from the minute Ibra got sent off. None of them were bombing forward.
    Inter had 27 shots and 10 on target. Milan had one shot on target (thier goal) in the whole game.

Now I don't think Dalot has a future while OGS is there, but it's a bit harsh to be judging him on 20 mins of one game.
    I wasn't harshly judging him based on 20 minutes, my bad if it came across that way.

My first paragraph like yours was saying how he didn't get to showcase much based on Milan being down to 10 men.

My second paragraph was an opinion, that also echoes yours, that was not based on last night's performance at all.

Pipmae wrote: »
    I stole this from the Liverpool thread - Mods if that's against the rules please delete.

I thought it showed the fixtures really clearly. It's full on that's for sure.

h2c9FiZ.png

You'd have to be disappointed with that if you're a Hammers fan!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement