Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2020/21- Mod Notes #1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Pipmae wrote: »
    I stole this from the Liverpool thread - Mods if that's against the rules please delete.

I thought it showed the fixtures really clearly. It's full on that's for sure.

h2c9FiZ.png

If we are within 5 points of the top of table at end of that run you would have to say then its a tittle race. I always got excited from march onwards thats when you know who is challenging.

If we are top at the end of that run we would have to be favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jayo26 wrote: »
    If we are within 5 points of the top of table at end of that run you would have to say then its a tittle race. I always got excited from march onwards thats when you know who is challenging.

If we want to be in a title chase, we have to be aiming at 11 points minimum. undefeated and wins vs Everton, Southampton and Newcastle. I think Chelsea will be a very tough game at the end of the month. so a draw vs them I'd take, and while a draw vs Arsenal would be disappointing, 11 points from 15 in that run would be an acceptable return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

jayo26 wrote: »

City won't lose a game probably, and once europe kicks in, unless united totally bin it off, then it will take it's toll - the united squad still hasn't got the depth to sustain a challenge on 3 fronts.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Trey13

Looking forward to the game tonight. Hopefully get a few goals early and kill the game off after 60/70 mins allowing us to rest the legs before the weekend.

Anyone think we’ll rest one or two tonight? Pogba has played a lot recently and tonight might be his turn to take a break. Though a part of me thinks you don’t need as much rest when you’re winning games - I guess we’ll see with the team selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I assume Ødegaard is available to start for Arsenal at the weekend? Hoping we don't see one of those wonder debuts if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Thomas Partey went off injured again last night, could have just been cramp but he had to leave the field with 25 mins left.
    Aubameyang didn’t tog out yesterday which makes him doubtful for Saturday too. Kieran Tierney same. I’d fancy our chances if those 3 aren’t available, definitely should be winning. One thing that drives me mad, Xhaka always seems to turn into a decent midfielder anytime we’ve played arsenal recently, I really can’t stand the player.
    Let’s get through Sheffield United tonight and move onto Saturday, fingers crossed we don’t suffer any injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Good chance tonight to rest a few of Rashford, Bruno, Shaw, Baily

Up against one of the worst teams to play in the league and they are missing a heap of players

If needed bring on the big players but if you cant rest your big players tonight then I dont know when you can

It's a long season ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Good chance tonight to rest a few of Rashford, Bruno, Shaw, Baily

Up against one of the worst teams to play in the league and they are missing a heap of players

If needed bring on the big players but if you cant rest your big players tonight then I dont know when you can

It's a long season ahead

i would rest shaw alright, bruno got rested v liverpool, just came on for 30 mins so he will def start, bailly will prob start as well, lindelof starts v arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Bruno to start but will probably be taken off by 60 mins, assuming things go according to plan.

Could see Lindelof and McT possibly rested. And maybe Cavani too.

Its the kind of game you'd think VDB would start in, but it's just not happening for him at all. And I won't be surprised to see him benched again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Could see James starting too. Tonight is good night to give any player some rest now. We should be winning tonight. Real test coming in 3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'm expecting Diallo to start tonight or appear on the bench.

Looked alright in the training clip, very small though.

RasTa wrote: »
    I'm expecting Diallo to start tonight or appear on the bench.

Looked alright in the training clip, very small though.

so is messi :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

diallo not in the squad for tonight, apparently.

bangkok wrote: »
    i would rest shaw alright, bruno got rested v liverpool, just came on for 30 mins so he will def start, bailly will prob start as well, lindelof starts v arsenal

No need to risk Baily he is the best CB at the club and no point risking an injury

Again no point risking Bruno picking up an injury, if we cant beat these without Bruno we are in trouble

No need to risk Baily he is the best CB at the club and no point risking an injury

Again no point risking Bruno picking up an injury, if we cant beat these without Bruno we are in trouble

Bruno will 1 million % start, would be extremely surprised if he didnt, thats why we signed him, to play and win games for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I quite like how Ole is rotating Bailly and Lindelof now. Feels like for games we're on the front foot, it's Bailly, for games we need to be a bit more pragmatic it's Lindelof.

Especially with Lindelof's back, it feels like a good way to get him some rest while giving Bailly more confidence and playing time. I think Bailly will start tonight and Lindelof at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Don't think we are good enough yet to be taking games like tonight for granted.

Rest one or two maybe but not wholesale changes and go win the game.

Arsenal game at weekend will be tough. I rate Arteta as a manager and they are a difficult side to play against.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I really wish people would stop believing that Bailly is the best CB at the club. He's really not. If he can put in even 10 games of decent performances I may start to change opinion but until then he's just a generally crocked player who has to do a lot of sliding last ditch blocks because he is out of position a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Liam O wrote: »
    I really wish people would stop believing that Bailly is the best CB at the club. He's really not. If he can put in even 10 games of decent performances I may start to change opinion but until then he's just a generally crocked player who has to do a lot of sliding last ditch blocks because he is out of position a lot.

Who is better than a fully fit Bailly?

Bruno will 1 million % start, would be extremely surprised if he didnt, thats why we signed him, to play and win games for us

Very simplistic view on it really

We sign all players to play and win games it doesnt mean they need to start every game

If we cant beat the worst team in the league without Bruno then we have no hope of winning a league

We could have 25 - 30 games left for the season so we should be resting him when possible to avoid burnout or injuries

Very simplistic view on it really

We sign all players to play and win games it doesnt mean they need to start every game

If we cant beat the worst team in the league without Bruno then we have no hope of winning a league

We could have 25 - 30 games left for the season so we should be resting him when possible to avoid burnout or injuries

rest bruno in cup games and europa league, play him in all the league games, get as many points as possible

Liam O wrote: »

Are you the person who always defends Jones who is a bigger crock, injures himself with lunging tackles and has been non existent for probably last two years

Apologies if I am mixing you up with someone else

A fit Baily is a level above Maguire and Lindelof the problem is keeping him fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭piplip87

rest bruno in cup games and europa league, play him in all the league games, get as many points as possible

Yes but why risk injury against the worst team in the league when we have no reason to

VDB is more than good enough to come in for the game and if needed Bruno can come on

But no need to start him in a game we should win easily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Are you the person who always defends Jones who is a bigger crock, injures himself with lunging tackles and has been non existent for probably last two years

Apologies if I am mixing you up with someone else

A fit Baily is a level above Maguire and Lindelof the problem is keeping him fit

What does Jones have to do with anything? Whataboutery at it's finest. Fwiw I'd rate them similarly, though I think Jones has had higher peaks in a United shirt.

I've seen nothing from Bailly to make me think he is better than either Lindelof or Maguire at anything other than running faster.

Amazing what not playing can do for certain players' reputation though...

Yes but why risk injury against the worst team in the league when we have no reason to

VDB is more than good enough to come in for the game and if needed Bruno can come on

But no need to start him in a game we should win easily

Sorry, but VDB really hasn't shown anything to prove this. Very very average so far. He may need time to adapt to the pace of the PL, which is fair enough. But so far he's well down the pecking order on merit imo.

Maybe Ole will push Pogba further forward and play Donnie instead of Bruno.
    But I would guess probably not. Bruno had his rest on Sunday. I don't see Ole benching him two games in a row.
    I think he'll start, hopefully have a good impact - and will be taken off early in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭secman

Not sure if posted already but Sky are showing match free tonight on the Pick channel, can be picked uo on Sky , VM, Freesat etc
    Apologies if already posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,104 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Good chat between Rio & Pogba for BT Sport:

https://youtu.be/gpG8zOD7QM8

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

I thought the game was on BT?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

It is, nothing showing on my EPG saying its on the Pick channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭bassy

markc1184 wrote: »
    It is, nothing showing on my EPG saying its on the Pick channel.

uk only epg,as your on the irish sky epg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Pipmae

It is - channel 413 on Sky.

secman wrote: »
    Not sure if posted already but Sky are showing match free tonight on the Pick channel, can be picked uo on Sky , VM, Freesat etc

https://www.tvguide.co.uk/mobile/channellisting.asp?ch=369#467044281

not listed.

Zeek12 wrote: »
    Sorry, but VDB really hasn't shown anything to prove this. Very very average so far. He may need time to adapt to the pace of the PL, which is fair enough. But so far he's well down the pecking order on merit imo.

Maybe Ole will push Pogba further forward and play Donnie instead of Bruno.
    But I would guess probably not. Bruno had his rest on Sunday. I don't see Ole benching him two games in a row.
    I think he'll start, hopefully have a good impact - and will be taken off early in the 2nd half.

He has been playing champions league football with Ajax and internationally for Holland the past few years

I am sure he will be able to cope with John Fleck

How can he prove anything or adapt to the league if he is rarely given a chance to play

A game like tonight is the perfect opportunity to be giving him a game and resting our best player in a game we should win comfortably

He has been playing champions league football with Ajax and internationally for Holland the past few years

I am sure he will be able to cope with John Fleck

How can he prove anything or adapt to the league if he is rarely given a chance to play

A game like tonight is the perfect opportunity to be giving him a game and resting our best player in a game we should win comfortably

Meh.
    I take your point. But he has underwhelmed very much imo. I expected more in the games he's played.
    Technically he's fine, but he's struggling with the pace of games and a lack of time on the ball. Sheffield are not great obviously but they won't want for effort, they will close down and chase.

I don't think Ole trusts him yet to be honest.

But if he plays tonight and makes a good contribution I'll be as pleased as anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭secman

Just bollocked the bloke who sent me the information, seems its only on Pick in uk
    Apologies:(

Just bollocked the bloke who sent me the information, seems its only on Pick in uk

Not on that either..

its not on pick fullstop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Only mention i can see anywhere about the game being on Pick is from their coverage of the Utd v Sheff U match from the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Good team! Delighted to see Axel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

No Cavani, sigh.

Good line up, great use of the squad and not surprising Bruno starts. Happy with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Happy with that team, won't be bollocking Ole for his starting XI if it goes pear shaped anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭BenK

xtal191 wrote: »

The way they list out the starting 11 is so annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

If Martial cant do it against the worst team in the league he needs to be benched

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

xtal191 wrote: »
    If Martial cant do it against the worst team in the league he needs to be benched

Think he got a first half hattrick in the same fixture last year so good vibes at least.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    No Cavani, sigh.

Resting him for Arsenal.
    That's the right call surely?

Team is along expected lines, Shaw, Lindelof and McT also getting a break, they will play at the weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement