Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HAP taxed as Income Tax to Tenant

• 24-01-2021 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,

I am working as Temporary Clerical Officer in the Public Services. From the payslip dated on 1 January 2021 my pay have been reduced. I thought it might be something with the tax credits so today I checked my details in my account in the Revenue. Everything is the same except with the USC which has been double and there is a new item - Income Tax -

I searched in my Revenue account and there is not anything about the -income tax- Then I remember something in the news about the government charging taxes to PUPs and people under pandemic schemes. I was not entitled to any of pandemic scheme and the only thing I could think on is the housing assistance.

However the housing assistance is paid directly to the landlord therefore it is his income, the rent income which is already taxed to the landlord.

I was looking forward to getting a refund for the remote working expenses and now I am afraid to be hit with a huge bill about €1,500 plus the pay reduction.

I need help please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭wench

Did you only start last year, and had you been working before that?

If you started late in the year, you may have had enough spare credits that all your tax liability was covered.
    Hence the amount now is the correct one.

Your claim for working from home shouldn't affect anything, but you may not have paid any tax to get refunded.

Advertisement