Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PremierShip/F1/UFC/Liga/Bliga/NFL/NBA/CEV 2euro/month SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

No, you can whatever payment card but it must be set up on Google pay and hence Google play. You can't pay directly by card.
    You need to follow the steps in OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

TheDriver wrote: »
    No, you can whatever payment card but it must be set up on Google pay and hence Google play. You can't pay directly by card.
    You need to follow the steps in OP.

All sorted, many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Finally got this sorted this evening as I was having a few issues getting the app installed on the Fire Cube (it wouldn't download from the link in the OP). Charged €2.12 for the first month's payment, looks great so far with the archived Premier League matches, feast of footie this weeknd, I think!

Thanlks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Raoul

Spn744 wrote: »
    Chromecast won’t work because it recognises the Irish IP address only Apple TV works via airplay.

I think someone mentioned Chromecast will work if you are using Nord

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

Raoul wrote: »
    I think someone mentioned Chromecast will work if you are using Nord

Works fine with Nord with split tunnelling enabled. The host device must still be connected to vpn for it continue working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KnicksInSix

If you're a casual NBA/NCAA fan this has to be one of the best deals around. Pels and Mavs today, Sixers v Suns and Nets v GSW tomorrow. Streaming quality for me is excellent using Surfshark.

Talguetler wrote: »
    If you're a casual NBA/NCAA fan this has to be one of the best deals around. Pels and Mavs today, Sixers v Suns and Nets v GSW tomorrow. Streaming quality for me is excellent using Surfshark.

The NBA coverage is excellent, ESPN sports commentary with it.
    I find for the money, you can dip your toe into many sports you usually wouldn't watch

They've 20% off annual plans this weekend using code SPORASKINA for anyone who can get the reg payment method to work.
    Won't work for me. It's only a saving of 3 euro.

Just realised their live channels are also available on main screen. Edge TV has stuff that's not on the app eg cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tbukela

Signed up to this yesterday evening using Surfshark following the steps in the OP. It works perfectly on android phone and sideloaded the app onto a Sony TV and also works nicely. Watching the Liverpool - Leicester game now with really good quality picture. Excellent bargain, thanks all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

I have added a VPN app to my chromecast so I can set the country to Turkey. I opened the app and played the Leicester v Liverpool game with commentary set to English. When I cast it to the TV, the commentary changed to Turkish (I think!).

Does anyone know how to change the language when it is on the chromecast?

Edit: nevermind, I figured it out

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭steviebg

camz09 wrote: »
    Hey guys, wanted to try this out for my dad who would love to watch basketball (NBA) but all we have is a good o'l Chromecast..I take it from past comments that wouldn't work?

Just bought the new Chromecast with Google TV, and stuck it on that. Works perfectly, much better than messing about trying to cast it to the old Chromecast. Plus you get a remote so you don't have to use the phone to control it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

steviebg wrote: »
    Just bought the new Chromecast with Google TV, and stuck it on that. Works perfectly, much better than messing about trying to cast it to the old Chromecast. Plus you get a remote so you don't have to use the phone to control it.

did you sideload the app

how does the app navagate on it as apps like all4 can be tricky

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Can the .APK work on a firestick or Nvidia Shield or is it just a phone or tablet?. Want to watch on tv but dont want to be chromecasting if i can help it.

EDIT: Apologies I see in OP you can install it on firestick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

califano wrote: »
    Can the .APK work on a firestick or Nvidia Shield or is it just a phone or tablet?. Want to watch on tv but dont want to be chromecasting if i can help it.

EDIT: Apologies I see in OP you can install it on firestick

Yes I have it on both firestick and Nvidia shield

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Watched the Liverpool match earlier, using Keepsolid, it was flawless, (pity about the performance 😔).
    Even the log on to the Turkish server had no warnings, previously it had capacity warnings.
    Very clear HD picture on Firestick.
    Thanks again for this BA

The Mulk wrote: »
    Watched the Liverpool match earlier, using Keepsolid, it was flawless, (pity about the performance ��).
    Even the log on to the Turkish server had no warnings, previously it had capacity warnings.
    Very clear HD picture on Firestick.
    Thanks again for this BA

I'm thinking those of us that emailed them a few weeks ago might have made them analyse usage and take action. In fairness to keepsolid, they do tend to fix the issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

I'm thinking those of us that emailed them a few weeks ago might have made them analyse usage and take action. In fairness to keepsolid, they do tend to fix the issues

Yeah I raised an issue on the app when you suggested it that time, hopefully they have resolved it, fingers crossed.
    It was impressed how well it worked this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Yes I have it on both firestick and Nvidia shield

Just signed up now and watching the match. Will use mostly for catchup. They seem to have their premiership catchup ready immediately. Hopefully UFC is as quick as I usually watch when I wake sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭steviebg

Nowso wrote: »
    did you sideload the app

Works grand, very like the layout on the phone. Once you get used to the language it's easy enough to navigate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭SteM

Nowso wrote: »
    did you sideload the app

Just install it from the link in the OP. Works perfectly, no navigation issues at all.

This has the be the very best bargain alert of all time at least for myself.

I was paying Sky tv €100 per month for all the sports HD and multiroom for well over two decades.

That works out at €1,200 per year.

No I have it all for €17 per year!!!!!!!! Oh ye and the cost of VPN €40 per year :)

I have Saorview and the free uk satellite channels too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Sorry if I missed it, but does anybody know how to update your sub? I did a monthly sub to test it and want to upgrade it to an annual sub. Seems like I just need to wait for my current sub to end and re-subscribe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭TimHorton

IrishHomer wrote: »
    This has the be the very best bargain alert of all time at least for myself.

I was paying Sky tv €100 per month for all the sports HD and multiroom for well over two decades.

That works out at €1,200 per year.

No I have it all for €17 per year!!!!!!!! Oh ye and the cost of VPN €40 per year :)

I have Saorview and the free uk satellite channels too :)

Likely the Premier League will take action against the Provider , Its too easy to get around the geo lock with global billing , They will make the provider only accept Turkish verified payments etc.

TimHorton wrote: »
    Likely the Premier League will take action against the Provider , Its too easy to get around the geo lock with global billing , They will make the provider only accept Turkish verified payments etc.

If they do I have a plan b.

I also have a valid DAZN Spanish account and I have a Spanish bank account as that's a tighter set up.

My DAZN is frozen on hold be there if I need to restart it. That costs €100 per year

TimHorton wrote: »

The numbers doing this will be tiny. Most want it to work on their skybox etc and not have Turkish menus etc,. same as people not wanting Netflix for cheaper etc etc.

For monthly to annual sub, you have to cancel the month otherwise it will renew via google play. Then re sub as annual

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I've been trying to sign up on the laptop as per post No. 1 but I can't get through the translation issues. Is there any suggestions for translating the initial stages and finally is the 159.00 Lira package the annual sub.
    Thanks

Got sorted.
    Thanks OP another subscriber!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I've been trying to sign up on the laptop as per post No. 1 but I can't get through the translation issues. Is there any suggestions for translating the initial stages and finally is the 159.00 Lira package the annual sub.
    Thanks

You need to purchase a package through the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

A bit late to the party but thanks OP. Just watched the City Match using VPN Unlimited (another BA) and it stutter only twice for a second, I watched it through the website on PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

For monthly to annual sub, you have to cancel the month otherwise it will renew via google play. Then re sub as annual

Thanks. I did cancel but the only option I have is to resubscribe to the same subscription. Guess I need to wait for it to end before I can choose annual subscription.

Advertisement