Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PremierShip/F1/UFC/Liga/Bliga/NFL/NBA/CEV 2euro/month SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Batesout wrote: »
    I was trying to do it on my laptop initially.
    Then couldn't get app from Play even though VPN set to Turkey.
    Eventually got the apk on to my phone,Revolut wouldn't work but my debit visa did , so all good now.
    Thanks again

Ahhh, yes it must be done on the app. Did you get an actual card payment to work rather than a Google play sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Still not setup. Ended up getting my credit card blocked using google pay. Any details on how to use on this other option trendol

I got my revolut card stopped until I confirmed it wasn’t fraud

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

Anyone have any idea why my log in will not be accepted on my firestick? Nut is on other devices

Batesout wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea why my log in will not be accepted on my firestick? Nut is on other devices
    Make sure the Vpn is on. Have no issues on mine

TheDriver wrote: »
    Make sure the Vpn is on. Have no issues on mine
    Sorted just had to turn off at the power & good to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

The trendyol option seems a no go.
    I ordered a year on it last night. It asks for a turkish phone number for the code to be sent to I entered something random hoping they would also email.

Logged into find they have cancelled the order with no explanation but assume it is down to the phone number.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    The trendyol option seems a no go.
    I ordered a year on it last night. It asks for a turkish phone number for the code to be sent to I entered something random hoping they would also email.

Logged into find they have cancelled the order with no explanation but assume it is down to the phone number.
    How annoying we can't save those last few euros. Thanks for trying it out.
    You could use one of those SMS services but then you'd be sending the code to everyone who sees it.
    I wonder why they cancelled when you did enter a number

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Craig_David

loyatemu wrote: »
    if you're in ROI you're going to find it difficult to get one delivered from either Amazon.

Well I have relatives in both the UK and Germany so I was going to get one delivered to them, to forward to me.
    Just wondering if there is any notable difference? Presumably they will come preloaded with localised applications but i can uninstall/and install apps as I wish?

thanks

Well I have relatives in both the UK and Germany so I was going to get one delivered to them, to forward to me.
    Just wondering if there is any notable difference? Presumably they will come preloaded with localised applications but i can uninstall/and install apps as I wish?

thanks

I'd say they're the exact same, initial setup governs apps and localisation.
    A 2 pin plug is prob the only issue

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

thanks
    I'm thinking of getting the new Chromecast with google tv, suppose to be better than firesticks

• Advertisement

Watching the Burnley v Fulham game and the quality is bang on and its only 30 seconds behind real time.
    A huge thanks to the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Craig_David

I'm thinking of getting the new Chromecast with google tv, suppose to be better than firesticks

Can the apps (the VPN and the Sports Plus app) be installed on the Chromecast?

Can the apps (the VPN and the Sports Plus app) be installed on the Chromecast?

Can't see why not but I'm open to correction,I'm using an android box at the minute and chromecast is android also

• Registered Users Posts: 9,151 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Can't see why not but I'm open to correction,I'm using an android box at the minute and chromecast is android also

Chromecast isn't Android, they are two different operating systems

Chromecast isn't Android, they are two different operating systems

I thought it was, going off the specs anyway

'Operating system

Android TV OS'

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Spn744

Tip for anyone having issues setting up a payment or having a payment failed message on iPhone. Android method works via google play store however if you don’t have an android device like I didn’t you can download “Bluestacks” for PC/MAC that works as an android emulator, download your VPN and SSport APK and the payment will go through google play. You can then log in on your iphone when payment has gone through with the subscription activated. Came to around $2.30

Ignore if previously mentioned in the thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭NotVeryHappy

I thought it was, going off the specs anyway

'Operating system

Android TV OS'

The latest chromecast runs on android

The older ones don't

The one your quoting there is the latest one

The latest chromecast runs on android

The older ones don't

The one your quoting there is the latest one

Yeah that's the one we were talking about 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

For all of us living in the Ottoman Empire this weekend;

Fann Linn wrote: »
    For all of us living in the Ottoman Empire this weekend;

Also to note times are in turkish so look up the correct Irish time so you don’t miss the matches!

• Advertisement

Spn744 wrote: »
    Also to note times are in turkish so look up the correct Irish time so you don’t miss the matches!

This caught me for NBA, it would say 5th Feb but the match was actually 4th Feb but it was 5th in Turkey.

Sorry folks I’m getting a brain freeze, I’m setting this up for a friend and I’m getting the error message when trying to pay by card on the app, how do I change to the google play method, I can’t remember how I did it last week!

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Sorry folks I’m getting a brain freeze, I’m setting this up for a friend and I’m getting the error message when trying to pay by card on the app, how do I change to the google play method, I can’t remember how I did it last week!

Do you have an android device or iOS?

Do you have an android device or iOS?

I’m doing it on a borrowed android phone

I'd say you're the best judge. Go back to last weekends posts and OP. Remember it's app and click on padlock and use Google PLAY

I’m doing it on a borrowed android phone

Have you downloaded the SSport apk?

It seems to be recognising I already have a subscription with them even though I’m logged in on my friends account on the app, when I click on the padlock it then asks me to choose my package, when I click on the monthly package it then tells me I am already subscribed, very strange ! I’ll give it another go today. Might need to delete my own account off the android phone and see if that helps

TheDriver wrote: »
    I'd say you're the best judge. Go back to last weekends posts and OP. Remember it's app and click on padlock and use Google PLAY
    It’s just keeps giving me the option to pay by card, no google play option

Have you downloaded the SSport apk?

Yep have the app downloaded on the phone and firestick

• Advertisement

Ok success finally! Changed to a different google account and revolut wouldn’t work but my debit card went through no problemo. So is it the same set up to get it on my fire stick
    Here is your quote last week.

Advertisement