Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service Frequency Queries and Oddities

Options
  • 25-01-2021 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭

So unsure if it's worth of a thread, bit perhaps a Cony head would know.

See this picture...

540859.jpg

While it's not odd to have a 69 bus in front of you, it is odd when you're on a 69 and a 69 is in front of you!

Are they sending out buses early to start at later points on the route?

I'm assuming it's the out of service bus that passed me on the SCR in Islandbridge while I was waiting on my 69.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Pic

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Fizzy Duck

Pic

There are extra buses working the busier routes to help with capacity issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭john boye

Some departures on less frequent routes are duplicated. I think one of the 68s in the morning is the same as 2 buses arrive in town at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭frankyboy1986

When I used to work as a conyngham road driver there was an early morning 69 departure from city centre,(cant remember exactly what time)about 15 or 20 minutes later another 69 would depart conyngham road in service also working out to rathcoole and would nearly always catch up to the one which left town 15-20 minutes earlier around citywest

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Thanks lads.

I've never had to get a 69 that early in that direction before. Assumed it was an extra capacity bus.

We caught up with it at Kylemore/Naas junction.

So I guess it horsed passed me to Inchicore as an out of service and went in service from there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement