Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zgemma H7s out of the box

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

lgs 4 wrote: »
    How do you turn off the subtitles permanently? They keep reactivating after the EPG update. Running Vix with default OE-A EPG.

think you need to have a look at the automatic language section in settings

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lgs 4

think you need to have a look at the automatic language section in settings
    I will have a look at the setting . Thanks'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭rampantbunny

Responded to pm just there, thanks.
    I've no plan to switch to openvix.. Don't think I mentioned that but I must be confusing you at this stage.
    Mentioned re-skinning above, not reflashing.. maybe that's it.

Update on my issues; after sorting out the drive references things are stable. No hangs since. I'll get around to comparing my settings with yours @swoofer at some stage this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

Glad you are sorted.

I sent a backup as well as a settings file. Try the backup in a different slot, then compare. Its got all the bits working, top picks, bouquets across the top, use prev and next to access.

Watch tv now.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭ITV2

anyone know how to switch off Audio description as default audio, I have to manually select non AD audio channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

ITV2 wrote: »
    anyone know how to switch off Audio description as default audio, I have to manually select non AD audio channel.
    Exact location / wording is depending on your enigma version:- go into MENU>SETUP>AUDIO and look for "Preferred language" Set this to English

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fergcooke

Thanks to this and other Zgemma H7S threads, I decided I'd try and see for myself. Bought a Zgemma H7s from SatWorld, came with OpenVix 5.4 and some useful plugins already installed. I also bought an SSD for recording etc.

Been a Sky HD customer for 9 years, and hadn't realized how much I was paying for what I watched, most of which is essentially free anyway. Spent a few hours setting everything up to look like my Sky service, as both of us have gotten used to it. I've got a Sky Q Skin lookalike, and an EPG with Irish terrestrial and Freesat/FTA UK channels. Took the final plunge and just cancelled my contract with Sky.

Cant believe how easy it was, many thanks to all the contributors here.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lgs 4

fergcooke wrote: »
    Thanks to this and other Zgemma H7S threads, I decided I'd try and see for myself. Bought a Zgemma H7s from SatWorld, came with OpenVix 5.4 and some useful plugins already installed. I also bought an SSD for recording etc.

Been a Sky HD customer for 9 years, and hadn't realized how much I was paying for what I watched, most of which is essentially free anyway. Spent a few hours setting everything up to look like my Sky service, as both of us have gotten used to it. I've got a Sky Q Skin lookalike, and an EPG with Irish terrestrial and Freesat/FTA UK channels. Took the final plunge and just cancelled my contract with Sky.

Can't believe how easy it was, many thanks to all the contributors here.

Having pay-tv is a bit status thing. If people only took the time to research, what they are actually paying for. A lot of pay-tv content is free elsewhere on Astra1,19e and Hotbird 13e and other satellite The commentary may not be in English but BBC Radio 5 live or 5 live sports extra, will give you an English commentary. I was a sky customer when you paid extra for the HD channels that was 10 years. I got wise and got Freesat. We have a lot to be thankful for our neighbour's (the UK) with Freesat HD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭athlone573

What type of SSD would this take? How about an M.2 NVME chip (I hope that's not too technical of a question!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I bought a SanDisk ssd plus 1tb 2 1/2" and not installed it yet as was going into another box that had no cables.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

The box I have has a slot at rear, others take an internal HDD. Here are 2 pics. I would think a chip is not an SSD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

athlone573 wrote: »
    What type of SSD would this take? How about an M.2 NVME chip (I hope that's not too technical of a question!)

NO NVME M.2 is a completely different standard. It uses normal 2.5" SATA drives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭athlone573

NO NVME M.2 is a completely different standard. It uses normal 2.5" SATA drives
    Grand so the hard disk type SSD instead of the chip type SSD (it came out of a laptop do its definately an SSD) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Puggy

The Zgemma H7s I have takes a 2.5 inch Sata SSD. It fits into the slot at the back. If you have a mSata or Nvme SSD, you’ll need a 2.5 Sata caddy or adapter to be able to plug it into the slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fergcooke

Found a usb dvb T tuner in a box of old PC bits and pieces, a Sveon stv20, which according to Google is based on REALTEK RTL2832U chipset. Found a plugin on OpenVix for REALTEK RTL2832U, installed it, rebooted the box, and now I've a second dvb t tuner.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Puggy wrote: »
    The Zgemma H7s I have takes a 2.5 inch Sata SSD. It fits into the slot at the back. If you have a mSata or Nvme SSD, you’ll need a 2.5 Sata caddy or adapter to be able to plug it into the slot.

So you can just slot the ssd straight in to the back of the box? no need to worry about sata/data cables like you would need if installing in a PC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭greasepalm

So you can just slot the ssd straight in to the back of the box? no need to worry about sata/data cables like you would need if installing in a PC?

Yes slot in back is direct connection to box.

Internal one needs cables connected and hdd secured inside.

Advertisement