Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller bride-to-be awarded €15,000 after hotel found to have discriminated against

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,419 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Zookey123 wrote: »
    A quick google search isn't really the best way to argue a point. The definition of Racism has been changing for years. People will disagree on the what the exact definition is. I would not include an ethnic group in the definition of racism. It is not a physical characteristic that you can't change. It is a culture that you can.

I had this argument a lot in London with people who believed remarks about Irish stereotypes aimed at me were fine cause I was white but all the definitions I could find in law say otherwise

Zookey123 wrote: »
    A quick google search isn't really the best way to argue a point. The definition of Racism has been changing for years. People will disagree on the what the exact definition is. I would not include an ethnic group in the definition of racism. It is not a physical characteristic that you can't change. It is a culture that you can.

Ethnicity is exactly something that you cannot change.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,419 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

ELM327 wrote: »
    rotfl

A white irish person cannot be racist against a white irish person.

Tell that to the unionists in the north

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Every. Single. Time.

The whataboutery, blatant provocatism and unreasoned bias comes out EVERY time we have a thread that involves travellers.

Thread closed for review to see if this can be salvaged via cards and threadbans.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement