Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Superbowl LV Thread: Chiefs v Buccaneers (MOD Note Post #1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Devin White deserves that. He's been outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I'd say just give the entire D the MVP

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

He's played in 18% of SuperBowls.

Yep. With him now winning his seventh he’s three ahead of Bradshaw and montana. That’s amazing for a career that started twenty years ago with a jets big hit on drew Bledsoe.,

Masked Man wrote: »
    Brady having more SBs than any other franchise. How is that possible?

There's been 55 Superbowls in the entirety of history, Brady has played in 10, winning 7.

A phenom.

Will never see anything like him again.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

What an absoloutley incredible performance, gronk, brown , brady.

In particular brady, absoloutley nothing more to say than wow.

Spagnola saying, you were due one kid

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭MaddChris

Visibly a lot less media on the field three. Usually its a crush

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

https://twitter.com/JOE_co_uk/status/1358612799518347267?s=20

Yeah, that flag by Winfield was more than worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Panrich

Well there can be no discussion now regarding the legacy that Brady will have. I'd say that they will be looking to repeat next season and who could back against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Did arians get the Gatorade shower??? What colour?

• Advertisement

The greatest discussion was put to bed a long time ago, it's just a matter of how much he stretches the distance by at this stage. I can't stress how phenomenal this is at this age. He is such an inspirational athlete. Managed to do what his idol couldn't also which he will enjoy

All night Mahomes been throwing on the run passes that are at best 50/50 chance getting caught. He needs to be more composed and not so flashy.

Being "composed" tonight would mean getting sacked a couple of dozen times. OL was non-existent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Brady is just unreal .

sb in the 2000s
    Sb in the 2010s
    Sb in the 2020s

Just unreal.

I know I picked the chiefs but there are times where you have to Just say “fair play.” I don’t how long the debate was for peyton manning was yesterday but whenever Brady retires his family should book time for five years from that date in canton, Ohio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,605 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Calling out those claiming the Bucs had no paths to win. Conspicuously silent tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,533 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The athletes of my lifetime who have transcended their sport:

Brady
    Bolt
    Phelps
    Jordan
    O'Sullivan
    Woods
    Federer
    Nadal

The very nature of NFL is to prevent dominance of a particular team and by dint a particular individual. Astonishing.

Calling out those claiming the Bucs had no paths to win. Conspicuously silent tonight

I know, you've been doing it a while now :D

Tbf I favoured the chiefs but didn't give the bucs no path to win as you'd see in my post on it, did back the overs in the points though so that's a shame

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Panrich

Brady
    Bolt
    Phelps
    Jordan
    O'Sullivan
    Woods
    Federer
    Nadal

The very nature of NFL is to prevent dominance of a particular team and by dint a particular individual. Astonishing.

Sonia? :-)

• Advertisement

And let's not forget that Brady was drafted in Round 6/Pick 199.

That Bucs DL just having no impact so far, as predicted....
    Still waiting for the Bucs DL to show up
    How anyone thought this Bucs teams would be blown away is beyond me. One of the most talented rosters in the league, in great form.
    Who would doubt this Bucs team and Brady?

There was a blowout tonight alright
    Genuinely amazed folks were discounting them, especially given how banged up the the Chiefs OL was.

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I saw the Bucs in London in 16 months ago demolished by the Panthers if you told me now they would win a SB in that short time with Tom Brady....One of their fans dressed up as a pirate a few rows ahead of me pissed off before the end of that 3rd quarter in that same game in good spirits I hope he his enjoying himself tonight NFL can turn around very quickly if things are done right and smartly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Panrich wrote: »
    Sonia? :-)

Ronnie.

Being "composed" tonight would mean getting sacked a couple of dozen times

And ending the evening in the local hospital, or morgue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Glazers:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭thefa

Unreal effort by the Bucs defense. Really stepped it up for the playoffs and kicked it up another notch for today against. Comparing the Brady highlights to Mahomes is night and day. Mahomes was never given a chance to set but he’ll be back again. Delighted for Brady. It’s clear that his influence is more than just on the field contributions.

Goway out of it Roger

Now sign a god-damn world class centre back or two for your other franchise.

Glazers:(

Maybe it will remind them that's it nice to get trophies, look for the positives and all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

No points in the 4th quarter?

Fair play to Jason Licht and the Bucs. Again, great move in hindsight, and they've done a great job getting weapons and protection around Brady.

Love Brady. GOAT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Brady is surely up there as the greatest sportsman of all-time in any sport, ever.

When you look over his achievements and the longevity, it borders on ridiculous.

I'm not a Patriots or a Buccaneers fan, and he has caused my team heartache more than a couple of times over the years, but feel privileged to have been able to watch his entire career.

He is certainly a player we will all be telling our kids and/or grandkids we had the joy of watching in the years to come, and when they look at his resume they will struggle to believe what he did was possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Haven't been on since the pre-game talk but looks like this thread was impressively busy - hopefully that interest can continue.

I'll read through it in the morning but I'll put my hands up as being very wrong (or that 1 of 20 game) but the still bitter side of me couldn't be happier than it is now.

I drove my analysis of how the game would go on how I saw last year's Super Bowl being called and tonight was called the opposite. All of the crap the Chiefs got away with were called and then some. You'd rarely see some of those calls in the regular season, forget about post season or in the Super Bowl.

Well done Buccs fans (the few that exited before the Brady move), enjoy the night!

Brady with his 5th MVP in a Superbowl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,605 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I know, you've been doing it a while now :D

Tbf I favoured the chiefs but didn't give the bucs no path to win as you'd see in my post on it, did back the overs in the points though so that's a shame

I had the Chiefs likely winners too tbh, but thought the Bucs had a solid chance.

I had the Chiefs likely winners too tbh, but thought the Bucs had a solid chance.

Thought it would be close coming to the 4th, didn't see the bucs D shutting them down so well banged up o line or no banged up o line.

Super performance, I have no bitterness at all toward the two goats out there either.

Brady now has more titles than Jordan and maybe some New York yankees and definitely only some Boston Celtic’s players have more championships in their respective sports have more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

BrentMused wrote: »
    Brady is surely up there as the greatest sportsman of all-time in any sport, ever.

When you look over his achievements and the longevity, it borders on ridiculous.

I'm not a Patriots or a Buccaneers fan, and he has caused my team heartache more than a couple of times over the years, but feel privileged to have been able to watch his entire career.

He is certainly a player we will all be telling our kids and/or grandkids we had the joy of watching in the years to come, and when they look at his resume they will struggle to believe what he did was possible.
    He was already one of the greatest sportsmen of all time before this game win or lose

Scary thing despite me writing him off routinely nothing to stop him pulling off an 8th SB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Brady
    Bolt
    Phelps
    Jordan
    O'Sullivan
    Woods
    Federer
    Nadal

plenty on strong words, plenty of ****e examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

If there was ever a doubt, it's done.

The GOAT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

And ending the evening in the local hospital, or morgue.

As great as the Bucs defense were tonight, Mahomes and offense were dreadful. Receivers dropping passes, QB throwing crazy running passes, Hail Mary throws but not even long ones to the end zone, no running game. Chiefs just didn’t turn up tonight.

• Advertisement

kona wrote: »
    plenty on strong words, plenty of ****e examples.

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Ohmeha wrote: »
    He was already one of the greatest sportsmen of all time before this game win or lose

Scary thing despite me writing him off routinely nothing to stop him pulling off an 8th SB

They will never have the same luck with injuries again next year. The defence won that game for the most part. He could certainly play at a high level next year but I think this is his lot. It’s incredible all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

As great as the Bucs defense were tonight, Mahomes and offense were dreadful. Receivers dropping passes, QB throwing crazy running passes, Hail Mary throws but not even long ones to the end zone, no running game. Chiefs just didn’t turn up tonight.

Pressure. He was running for his life. Nothing works if you can’t get the time to throw. The injuries on the OLine killed the Chiefs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

The importance of a good line (and depth, and flexibility in your gameplan) in a single image:

https://twitter.com/StatsbyLopez/status/1358620162904248320

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I'm so ****ing happy.
    ! Go.Bucs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

I got a little drunk after drinking and watching the bowl....the big lebowski was on the movies channels I started watching it...and then ordered the soundtrack on vinyl.....and its still only 4am......white Russian anyone???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Tough watch from a Chiefs perspective. No point blaming the refs (even if there were some very questionable calls) as the Bucs dominated on both sides of the ball from the off. They nailed it and it never really was much of a contest.

Can’t stand Brady or Gronk but they’ve got the rings and will go again next year.
    All night Mahomes been throwing on the run passes that are at best 50/50 chance getting caught. He needs to be more composed and not so flashy.

Lol, and why do you think he was throwing on the run passes all game? Come on now :D

Mahomes was excellent, comfortably the Chiefs’ MVP, and did everything he could. He was let down by some bad drops, indiscipline, and two missing linemen.

The positive to take is that this should only serve as motivation and I’m sure the Chiefs will be there or thereabouts again next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Kev8360 wrote: »
    I have been back and forth on who has the best chance to win the game.

I am going to go for the bucanneers to edge it out in a close one purely on the strength of their defence which has been on fire in the playoffs and Bruce Arians will match Andy Reid for agressive down field plays which they will need to do to keep pace with KC if it turns into a high scoring game.

Well I picked it but never thought the chiefs would struggle so much. Mahomes was put under pressure all night and Kelce&hill were never let free in the 1st half. Buccaneers deserved winners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,482 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

What?

Was wondering the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hard to see where the deniers go from here now that he has his ring without Bill.

Advertisement