Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spot painting pre-painted skirting and doors

• 25-01-2021 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭

You know the skirting and doors that come pre-painted in white...

From experience, can anyone suggest a good white paint that matches well for spot painting?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭irishbuzz

Are you sure the trim is actually painted and not just primed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭boardtc

Good point. I checked with the builder and he could not remember but guessed it has been sprayed with a colortrend waterbased white. Or maybe he's just saying that and it's just the prime as bought, I'm not sure how to tell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

boardtc wrote: »
    You know the skirting and doors that come pre-painted in white...

From experience, can anyone suggest a good white paint that matches well for spot painting?

There are a number of variables.

You would need the brand of paint, name or ral number of the colour, sheen level ie is it matt, satin or gloss.

Also, sprayed finishes are very hard to touch up, if you have an eye for a finish, it will always be very noticeable.

That's why I always suggest applying the final coat with a brush and roller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

You can use a Fleetwood simulated mohair roller John. It should blend in quite well with a spray finish. Thats what i use to touch up anyway

Advertisement