Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal Abuse in The Green Party

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Either way Ireland wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Fake Scores

biko wrote: »
    Either way Ireland wins.

I hope these councillors are being disposed of properly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

4th resignation of a councillor. This is becoming a real issue in the Green Party. Is accepting a role in government going to destroy the whole party? Is it effectively two parties now, the Eamonn Ryan one and the Catherine Martin one?

https://www.newstalk.com/news/fourth-green-party-councillor-resigns-over-culture-within-party-1140398?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1611588386

Whatever about the previous cases (Brogue etc.), this lad doesn't really make much sense. Apparently he was getting "anonymous" criticism from people "claiming" to be members of the Green Party.

What did he expect to be done about this anonymous criticism he's getting on Twitter or whatever?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

McMurphy wrote: »

I know there have been some high profile departures, but their party membership has actually more than doubled in size since 2019.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The people leaving have left mainly over policy issues, differences on going into government.

They haven't been leaving because the heavies came knocking on their door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Always nice when nasty, intolerant left wing types have a cry when they find themselves being harassed and abused by other hate filled, nasty, left wing types.

https://twitter.com/TheKavOfficial?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

A quick scan of his Twitter:

- he blames "the man" for high rates of Covid among travellers

-he thinks we give a shiet about his preferred gender pronouns

- talks a good game on homelessness, presumably also wants asylum seekers treated as a housing priority as per Green Party manifesto. Can't have one and have the other boyo.

- had a moan about Hazel Chu copping flak for her anti Gardai nonsense

Like virtually all modern leftists, likely a truly unpleasant individual who doesn't like it when he gets back what his friends give out.

-

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭timmyntc

blanch152 wrote: »
    The people leaving have left mainly over policy issues, differences on going into government.

Sinn Fein truly live in your head rent free Blanch.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Always nice when nasty, intolerant left wing types have a cry when they find themselves being harassed and abused by other hate filled, nasty, left wing types.

https://twitter.com/TheKavOfficial?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

A quick scan of his Twitter:

- he blames "the man" for high rates of Covid among travellers

-he thinks we give a shiet about his preferred gender pronouns

- talks a good game on homelessness, presumably also wants asylum seekers treated as a housing priority as per Green Party manifesto. Can't have one and have the other boyo.

- had a moan about Hazel Chu copping flak for her anti Gardai nonsense

Like virtually all modern leftists, likely a truly unpleasant individual who doesn't like it when he gets back what his friends give out.

-
    Total bull**** pal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭MacronvFrugals

Only the Tory's on nice bicycles will be left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,167 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Amirani wrote: »
    I know there have been some high profile departures, but their party membership has actually more than doubled in size since 2019.

May be so, but the allegations of abuse and harrassment from men and women have been persistant. That is over and above people leaving on policy issues.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-31007264.html

I thought somebody might have the inside track, has the recent leadship issues left us with two parties, each having a go at the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

Seems to me like the biggest problem with the party was that too many of them couldn't make up their minds if they wanted to actually be in government or stay on the sidelines lobbing ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Notanormalparty

Allegations are free

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

If you have a low base to begin with that doesn't mean much tbh.

I mean if there's one lad in their party this week, and next week there's two, that's saying they doubled their numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

blanch152 wrote: »

you're obsessed with SF, keep the posts on topic.

McMurphy wrote: »
    If you have a low base to begin with that doesn't mean much tbh.

I mean if there's one lad in their party this week, and next week there's two, that's saying they doubled their numbers.

What are the membership figures btw?

• Roderic O'Gorman seems like one of the most dislikeable politicians that has been around in a long time.

Total bull**** pal

How so?

Is the Green Party a place that is open to balanced, well thought out ideas on subjects like immigration and justice?

I don't think it is. I think if you suggested a few practical ideas you would be blacklisted.

Thus it is a home primarily for unpleasant people.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What are the membership figures btw?

According to Wikipedia(so take with required level of salt) it’s 4,721 as of last year. I can see the greens doing a circular firing squad about who is the most pure environmentalist in the party and it all ending in tears(environmentally friendly tears obviously). The government negotiations should have been a clue that things weren’t going to go well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Roderic O'Gorman seems like one of the most dislikeable politicians that has been around in a long time.

How so?

How so?

Is the Green Party a place that is open to balanced, well thought out ideas on subjects like immigration and justice?

I don't think it is. I think if you suggested a few practical ideas you would be blacklisted.

Thus it is a home primarily for unpleasant people.

I knew the guy years ago, he's a very pleasant man. Your logic is just twisted

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

biko wrote: »
    Either way Ireland wins.

100%.
    Great day for us all.

100%.
    Great day for us all.

Opting to go into the comfy seats was bad enough, everyone knew they would be decimated at the next election but to do it and by the looks of things, decimate the actual party...seems bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

There has been a decline in Mental Health services because of Covid I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Normal One wrote:
    Seems to me like the biggest problem with the party was that too many of them couldn't make up their minds if they wanted to actually be in government or stay on the sidelines lobbing ****e.

The green party was one formed that core policy was specifically around environmental issues. But in recent years seems to have been hijacked by a new membership more concerned about social issues. Witness McHugh as an example.

They'll just lose out by moving away for that core that people are voting them to deal with such as climate action.

I knew the guy years ago, he's a very pleasant man. Your logic is just twisted

Pleasant people don't pimp this type of politics. Pleasant people don't have a preferred gender pronoun. There is simply no arguing on this.

Pleasant people don't pimp this type of politics. Pleasant people don't have a preferred gender pronoun. There is simply no arguing on this.

In fairness, just because you don't like somebodies stance or politics doesn't make them 'unpleasant'.

Yeah I can imagine there isn't going to be much point arguing with you if that's how you think. You're wrong on Kav anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Moghead

Eh you're kinda coming across as a bit unpleasant yourself.

Advertisement