Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal Abuse in The Green Party

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

beauf wrote: »
    That's not working out so well... again...

For who?

If the Greens get some of the policies through and enact some real changes then someone can point out that it was a price worth paying.... or you can jump up and down like a child from the opposition benches all day and every day, and do nothing.

For what its worth, I don't think the Greens will be wiped out in the next election. Most people who voted for them, would not be as hardline as many of their members.

Mark, oppositions will be around long after you and I are not...best get used to them. Your own party was happy to be an opposition party.

So, that is a no then. It doesn't say anywhere in our constitution that the opposition runs the government or the country.
    We are learning....

Just because the opposition exists, doesn't mean it implements a policy or enacts change.
    This is where you are woefully and utterly confused.

Except they dont....your grasp on reality is weak...theres a rake of green policies not in the pfg??

Honest question, do you expect the Greens to get all their policies into the PFG?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

markodaly wrote: »
    For who?

If the Greens get some of the policies through and enact some real changes then someone can point out that it was a price worth paying.... or you can jump up and down like a child from the opposition benches all day and every day, and do nothing.

For what its worth, I don't think the Greens will be wiped out in the next election. Most people who voted for them, would not be as hardline as many of their members.

What some posters don’t seem to understand is that there will be much more Green policies enacted by this government than SF, SD or PBP policies.

Nice try to shut down discussion on green policies,which you bemaoned lack of the other day.....when its abundantly clear from all exchanges, you only want to discuss the pfg.....perhaps start a thread on it??

If they dont want their policies discussed and their unwillingness to implenment them,they shouldnt have proposed em to begin with imo.....

.smacks of joe rabbit jeering at people for having audcity to point out labours turning back on almost all their policies.....how are labour going now?

Nobody is shutting down discussion. You raised the issue of the Greens not decriminalising cannabis, and you were told that

(1) it is not in the Programme for Government
    (2) it is not a high priority for the Greens
    (3) there are strong public arguments against it, which probably means the other parties wouldn’t agree to it.

They were all discussion points raised by others, what seems to be upsetting you is that others did not agree with you and made counterpoints that you are unable to rebuff.

• Advertisement

Nice try to shut down discussion on green policies,which you bemaoned lack of the other day.....when its abundantly clear from all exchanges, you only want to discuss the pfg.....perhaps start a thread on it??

If they dont want their policies discussed and their unwillingness to implenment them,they shouldnt have proposed em to begin with imo.....

.smacks of joe rabbit jeering at people for having audcity to point out labours turning back on almost all their policies.....how are labour going now?

You can go through the FG manifesto or the FF manifesto and find many policies not in the PFG either. That is the nature of coalition government.

What is interesting about all of the policies you have picked out, not one of them is central to what the Greens are about, which suggests that they are more than getting their fair share.

So you won't answer the question?

Again, do you expect that the Green Party get all their policies into the PFG.
    It's kinda important to know this.

Why are they stamding on a platform of decriminalising it and not bothering to do so??its harmless policy

There is no counter point...just lads hiding behind the pfg to shutdown much needed discussion on pros and cons of green policy.....

Is the releasing wolves in wicklow in the pfg or have they decided to not bother their arse with it and therefore we arent allowed discuss the pros and cons of it....such a sceamario smacks of shutting down discussion on the extensive list of green policies

I have explained to you already that it is not harmless to decriminalise cannabis. There are public health studies that warn against it saying that some places have seen a significant rise in cannabis-related hospitalisations after decriminalisation.

I have asked 7 qs over 3 posts on green policies,which you have ignored in an effort to shut down discussion

Beause they all lead back to the same question, is that policy in the PFG or not.
    If its not, then why discuss it as a matter of fact that the Greens are not doing x,y,z when they got a,b,c into the PFG?

It seems you have a basic misunderstanding of what coalition governments are.

No one is shutting down anything, but some people seem to be woefully misinformed or niave or both.

what public health advice in last 10 years,geos againest cannabis that deosnt apply to vaping.??,which the greens are happy to keep legal

Looks to me decrininalising works fine in canada and everywhere its tried....except yous claim to support a party,whos policoes you openly condemn??

Why did they vote againest abortion in stormont?,

No, it doesn’t work fine everywhere it is tried. Don’t believe everything you read from advocacy group.

• Advertisement

You can discuss the pros and cons of their policies independant of the pfg.....looks to me you want to shut it down and only allow discussion of the pfg in a thread abput the green party

Mate,your literally demanding that the pros and cons of a party policies arent be allowed discussed.. because of a pfg....this is only long-form method of censorship tbh

Censorship, shutting down discussion...., it's all in your head, although it makes a nice scapegoat when you can't even answer simple questions.

The PFG is the key item here, the Green membership voted for it, yet some now perhaps are getting buyers remorse.
    No point discussing a policy that the Greens are not going to be implementing over the next 4 years.

If you feel that strongly about it, lobby other parties about it, I am sure when the next government is formed, every party will get everything they want into a new PFG. :D:D:D:D

Oh, and on a personal level, I'm agnostic on Cannabis, I don't really care all that much about it, perhaps it should be legalised, but not exactly the biggest issue facing the country now, or even this year, or next year. It is a niche topic for nice people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

........this is only long-form method of censorship tbh

If you think it's one of more important issues. Why not start a thread just for that, the Green policy on this one issue. That would highlight it better than just arguing with someone who obviously has no interest in it. Just a thought. I don't see what the relevance is with the thread title myself. Unless someone resigned due to this issue.

Except its not....your not allowing discussion on any green policies not in pfg....call it waht you want,looks like censorship to.me

I am not a mod, so you can talk away about nonsense for all I care, it's just you may be talking to the wind. But to dismiss the PFG is like not realising that the earth is round instead of flat.
    This justifoes bot allowing discussion on pros/cons of green policies,how??

Again...you can discuss merits or otherwise independnt of the pfg,quite why your unable to grasp this concept is beyond me,but each to their own

I dont even smoke up,but it seems a commonsense,no harm policy,that they should have pushed for

Again, you seem grossly misinformed on how coalition governments work, but hey its a pet project of yours so work away, maybe start a new thread on "Legalising Cannabis'

I dont even smoke up,but it seems a commonsense,no harm policy,that they should have pushed for

What's the environment angle on this?

i dont start threads on political parties,sex or race relations issues as a point of principal...

Seems like you don't think it's important enough either.

...Im happy enough to discuss it,within the merits of grern party policy

Pity this isnt the thread about the merits of Green Party Policy then.

The green party has a broad range of policies along side envirnoment policies,so there leaflet said at election time

Did you get the impression the Green Party were achieving their policy aims from this thread.

no,which is a pity,as many of there policies are highly meritable

but we're not allowed discuss the merits/flaws of these,several policies i also disagree with,but we're not allowed discuss merits/flaws of these either.....we're only allowed discuss policies which ffg allow into pfg??

No one's is stopping you. But if you go into motors forum and start a discussion about wedding dresses it's not likely to go well.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,167 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Ryan being reminded of his hypocrisy on gaining a comfy seat. NEW politics indeed.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-40218296.html

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

The Irish greens are following the route the European greens have already trodden, albeit more fractiously.

Twenty years ago, the greens had a purpose and a mission. Today, their lunch has been well and truly eaten by every major party - everyone is a green now, at least for the cameras. The green party is a subset of all parties now - they may as well be The Let's Have Lower Taxes While Maintaining Services Party or The Isn't Homelesness Terrible We Should Really Do Something About That Party.

Like the greens in other European countries, especially Germany, when the greens here realised that the green agenda is no longer anything to differentiate them, they began to cast around for something else to be the loudest voice in the room about. For the German greens, they gradually went full retard, and now basically have become the Let's Legalise Paedophillia And Do Anything Else That Gets The Crazies To Vote For Us Party, and the Irish version is going to head down the same path, once they get rid of old sleepy head and the rest of the environmentalists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I used to be a Greeny. It was good to have someone always saying "how will this affect the environment?"
    They have managed to get environmental issues into the agenda for every major party and thus have succeeded in their mission.
    Thus they have now turned quite red, dipping into housing and immigration - although they are still riding the "climate change" train of course, it's their meal ticket for the foreseeable future and their anchor to regular voters.

I think maybe because many of them are still idealists and not professional politicians they turn on each other.

Advertisement