Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal Abuse in The Green Party

Options

Comments

maccored wrote: »

The money ffg are funneling to the high profile presenters is criminal....its little wonder there is not a single high-profile person in rte critically questions the liberial line pushed by ffg....

you still have people in rte,who advocate for developer lead social housing projects,zero critism of direct provison is allowed on rte either,from what i can see

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

So please explain what Sinn Fein was doing last year when they desperately wanted to buddy up with anyone to get into government? Even today you will see posts about the other parties bullying poor Sinn Fein and not joining them.

This is an interesting development, I seem to recall a poster who got fierce huffy with me, whinging on about "no manners" when I posted links to prove SF had been trying to form a government last year, as it completely and utterly contradicted what they were saying.

I'll try and dig that out.

Here we are.

Shefwedfan wrote: »

To form a government SF need to talk to parties, so far they have talked to RTÉ and nobody else, they have zero interest. This is clear to any person that’s not ranting and raving

SF manifesto is a pile of poo, nothing can be delivered so SF are holding back hoping that FF/FG do form a government and they will throw s**t for the next 5 years

So you disagree with that posters sentiments, yeah?

maccored wrote: »
    have you any concept of time and proportion? He said that right back at the very beginning of covid. a stupid remark yes - but understandable at the time. People were freak out about anything coming from China.

Hindsight is great, yeah? Makes you look a bit silly mind you using something that was said then, now.

Tbh noone should be eating chinese food....MSG filled rubbish

Yous wont catch covid from it,but obsity and high colesteal is an endemic issue and underlying health issue causing deaths in america with covid

We need to bring in a massive tax on takeaways/junk food,to my eyes they are as bad as smoking

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,640 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

This thread has been going off topic with long tangents discussing Sinn Fein fairly extensively

We have a Sinn Fein thread in the forum already so post about SF there. Lets stick to the topic in the op

• Registered Users Posts: 69,167 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

A warning from the latest departure that is hard to disagree with. The party has no direction and is only interested in power for power's sake and comfy seats IMO.

https://www.newstalk.com/news/former-green-councillor-says-party-will-lose-most-of-its-dail-seats-if-strategy-doesnt-change-1142586?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1611921205

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

A warning from the latest departure that is hard to disagree with. The party has no direction and is only interested in power for power's sake and comfy seats.

https://www.newstalk.com/news/former-green-councillor-says-party-will-lose-most-of-its-dail-seats-if-strategy-doesnt-change-1142586?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1611921205

Jaysus Francie are you gone naive?

The Greens in the Dail don’t give a damn about Green policies.
    It’s about pensions for them.
    Of course they’ll be wiped out again, just like the last time, but they’ll retire very wealthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

A warning from the latest departure that is hard to disagree with. The party has no direction and is only interested in power for power's sake and comfy seats IMO.

Don't see much to worry about in that.

I have said this before, and I will keep repeating it until people fully understand - the Greens are not interested in just being elected, they want to be in government and to achieve change. If they achieve all the right change and end up with zero seats, they will see that as job well done.

They are not like I4C or PBP who just want a platform to moan and complain, and never actually do anything.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Don't see much to worry about in that.

I have said this before, and I will keep repeating it until people fully understand - the Greens are not interested in just being elected, they want to be in government and to achieve change. If they achieve all the right change and end up with zero seats, they will see that as job well done.

They are not like I4C or PBP who just want a platform to moan and complain, and never actually do anything.

So the Greens are confident they will save the planet in one session of government? Mustn't be much wrong with the planet if a Waste Management plan is gonna fix it.

That may look like a glib comment, but it isn't really.

So the Greens are confident they will save the planet in one session of government? Mustn't be much wrong with the planet if a Waste Management plan is gonna fix it.

That may look like a glib comment, but it isn't really.

I think we will have ten years of FF/FG/Green government, plenty of time.

I think we will have ten years of FF/FG/Green government, plenty of time.

This party got so decimated after their last coalition that they had ZERO Oireachtas members Senate and Dáil...wishful thinking maybe that they'll be in a coalition.

So it's a gamble that their work can be done in 10 years?

• Advertisement

This party got so decimated after their last coalition that they had ZERO Oireachtas members Senate and Dáil...wishful thinking maybe that they'll be in a coalition.

So it's a gamble that their work can be done in 10 years?

If it can't be done in ten years, the planet is in a whole lot of trouble. The climate change agenda across the world can't wait any longer, we should lead.

If it can't be done in ten years, the planet is in a whole lot of trouble. The climate change agenda across the world can't wait any longer, we should lead.

They are going to save the planet in 10 years, everyone will be converted to be green and they are happy to depart the stage.

is this in a manifesto anywhere?

I'd have thought building a strong party of TD's and whether in government or opposition, keep an ey on whether we are fulfilling our commitments to Climate Change agreements would be a more valuable strategy....but who am I. Rush into government on any old coalition and crash and burn seems to be the new way to do things.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

They are going to save the planet in 10 years, everyone will be converted to be green and they are happy to depart the stage.

I'd have thought building a strong party of TD's and whether in government or opposition, keep an ey on whether we are fulfilling our commitments to Climate Change agreements would be a more valuable strategy....but who am I. Rush into government on any old coalition and crash and burn seems to be the new way to do things.

There was absolutely no substantial environmental changes in the last few governments.
    We're at a stage where climate change is beginning to be unstoppable. There's no rushing into government being done at the same time.

Both FF and FG refused to talk to your party SF.
    Soc dems refused to talk to FF and FG.
    This left the only option the green negotiation or another 6-8 week election in the middle of a pandemic.
    Going another round of elections is what SF wanted but this was a self serving idea, leaving the country rudderless in the middle of a pandemic with timeliness on the mother and baby homes in danger of being put into archive with no access for the victims.
    But I'm talking to a wall here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

See this is the Shinners flaw - why everyone else says it's a cult. It's always Party first, Policies/people second.

Kind of similar to how the Church used to be run. Newspaper headlines don't change the country, opposition can be ignored by government.

Fair play to the Greens for wanting to make a difference. The cynical people in the party bitter they didn't make it to the Dáil are no loss to them.

Triangle wrote: »
    There was absolutely no substantial environmental changes in the last few governments.
    We're at a stage where climate change is beginning to be unstoppable. There's no rushing into government being done at the same time.

Both FF and FG refused to talk to your party SF.
    Soc dems refused to talk to FF and FG.
    This left the only option the green negotiation or another 6-8 week election in the middle of a pandemic.
    Going another round of elections is what SF wanted but this was a self serving idea, leaving the country rudderless in the middle of a pandemic with timeliness on the mother and baby homes in danger of being put into archive with no access for the victims.
    But I'm talking to a wall here.

Let's go with this for a minute.

Who has built the stronger parties out of this list:
    FF
    FG
    SF
    Greens
    Labour
    SD's

Which of them have damaged their parties by entering unsuitable coalition?

There isn't time to sit and wait and watch. Hurling from the ditch during a crisis is useless.

Out of government the Greens would be watching Rome burn and complaining about it instead of trying to save it. If the Greens fail to achieve real change in government over the next decade, we will all suffer. They deserve our support for what they are trying to do.

Let's go with this for a minute.

Who has built the stronger parties out of this list:
    FF
    FG
    SF
    Greens
    Labour
    SD's

Which of them have damaged their parties by entering unsuitable coalition?

Who cares who has built the stronger parties out of that list, when the future of the country is at stake.

The Greens have refused to put self-interest before the interests of the people. Other parties should take note.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Who cares who has built the stronger parties out of that list, when the future of the country is at stake.

The Greens have refused to put self-interest before the interests of the people. Other parties should take note.

whi cares whos built the strongest party? The oppositions to that party obviously! We all see how FF and FG carry on as the obvious answer is SF.

Hilarious blanch152 that in the shinner thread you give out about funerals yet want to allow people to carry on coming into the country with covid. And above you dont seem to understand the advantage of a stronger party :pac:

Hilarious entertainment

The accusation seems to be that 'self interest is the problem.

There isn't time to sit and wait and watch. Hurling from the ditch during a crisis is useless.

Out of government the Greens would be watching Rome burn and complaining about it instead of trying to save it. If the Greens fail to achieve real change in government over the next decade, we will all suffer. They deserve our support for what they are trying to do.

So they will likely get Waste Management through and a few cycle paths and then burn in the next election.
    Do you think that is sensible for a party that wants to save the world?
    Yes or no will do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

So they will likely get Waste Management through and a few cycle paths and then burn in the next election.
    Yes or no will do.

The Greens have already delivered on the Bord na Mona bogs project which resulted in jobs been kept in the midlands. A huge win for Greens and also for the people who will have those jobs.

Do you not think?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭yagan

Amirani wrote: »
    I know there have been some high profile departures, but their party membership has actually more than doubled in size since 2019.
    There seemingly was a surge around the election, before they rolled back into bed with the centre right.

I reckon a lot of those new members won't be renewing.

The Greens have already delivered on the Bord na Mona bogs project which resulted in jobs been kept in the midlands. A huge win for Greens and also for the people who will have those jobs.

Do you not think?

They, like any green party anywhere have a ling list of things that need to be achieved .
    A 'win' here and there is not really going to save the planet yet they insist on imploding the party.

They, like any green party anywhere have a ling list of things that need to be achieved .
    A 'win' here and there is not really going to save the planet yet they insist on imploding the party.

This is what you posted today
    Yes or no will do.

This statement is already incorrect because they have delivered the Bord na Mona project.

It's a huge "win" for all the people who keep their jobs plus all the CO2 which the bogs will take out of our atmosphere. More than FG have managed in the last X number of years in regards environmental projects. Would you not agree?

P.S. A cycle way is a huge benefit, I see somewhere the US are opening a massive one which they expect to bring in billions plus regenerate a lot of smaller towns. Can't find the link now but looked like a really interesting project and something I would love to cycle personally

Yes or no will do.

There is a lot more in place already and a huge amount to come. The Green Party will change your life and everyone else's over the next few years.

They won't crash and burn in the next election, that is your hope and dream, but the environment is getting worse in the short-term not better. By the time we have an election in 2025, there will be a lot more people jumping on the Green bandwagon.

There is a lot more in place already and a huge amount to come. The Green Party will change your life and everyone else's over the next few years.

They won't crash and burn in the next election, that is your hope and dream, but the environment is getting worse in the short-term not better. By the time we have an election in 2025, there will be a lot more people jumping on the Green bandwagon.

Not if they are decimated like they were after their last coalition fiasco and this is shaping to be worse. At least we didn't have the image of John Gormley? sleeping in the Dáil.

P.S. Part of the Green problem now is that everyone is on the bandwagon, from FG/FF to the rest of The EU and the G& etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Blanch no offence, but with your previous predictions and foretelling ref the inevitable annihilation of the Shinners at each and every election, from I recall reading posts from you on this site.... I'll take your election predications with a pinch of salt.

And by pinch, we're talking about a pinch the size of what's loaded into the back of a Seddon Atkinson rigid gritter.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Blanch no offence, but with your previous predictions and foretelling ref the inevitable annihilation of the Shinners at each and every election, from I recall reading posts from you on this site.... I'll take your election predications with a pinch of salt.

And by pinch, we're talking about a pinch the size of what's loaded into the back of a Seddon Atkinson rigid gritter.

I'm not sure how safe a prediction it is either. There's a lot of anger out there, and a lot of it is within the Greens themselves, which does not augur well.

Not if they are decimated like they were after their last coalition fiasco and this is shaping to be worse. At least we didn't have the image of John Gormley? sleeping in the Dáil.

P.S. Part of the Green problem now is that everyone is on the bandwagon, from FG/FF to the rest of The EU and the G& etc etc.

I can't remember but I seem to think all the parties voted for the Paris agreement and all of them had a green agenda for the 2020 election. SO are all the parties jumping on the bandwagon?

• Advertisement

I can't remember but I seem to think all the parties voted for the Paris agreement and all of them had a green agenda for the 2020 election. SO are all the parties jumping on the bandwagon?

Exactly. A Green party is kinda redundant now issues are being addressed and all other parties have 'green' manifesto pledges.
    They are redundant and easily cast aside as a result.

Advertisement