Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal Abuse in The Green Party

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Not if they are decimated like they were after their last coalition fiasco and this is shaping to be worse. At least we didn't have the image of John Gormley? sleeping in the Dáil.

P.S. Part of the Green problem now is that everyone is on the bandwagon, from FG/FF to the rest of The EU and the G& etc etc.

We are less than a year into this government, a long way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Exactly. A Green party is kinda redundant now issues are being addressed and all other parties have 'green' manifesto pledges.
    They are redundant and easily cast aside as a result.

Did you read the Greens manifesto? which parties covered off all those areas they brought up?

blanch152 wrote: »
    We are less than a year into this government, a long way to go.

And more done in the time they have been in government than a lot of parties have done in a lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,167 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Did you read the Greens manifesto? which parties covered off all those areas they brought up?

Proving my point. Much to do yet they keep committing political suicide so the majority don't take them seriously.
    Nobody is denying that the have achieved something in return for there vote and silence on issues thety are known to be against.
    Result is the image of a party wirh no integrity.

Greens are only half a party,elected off shinner transfers

They have neither power,nor the clout to force effectively their agenda in government,effectively a lameduck party to prop up ffg....same as labour before them

Lads purporting to support the greens,and seemingly unconcerned about its collaspe in polls and resignations....

Theres a serious rot at the core of that party,who clearly dont want to be pushing through ffg agenda through and no effort has been made to tide it over or hold zoom meetings between leadership and grassroots,its like a lesson in how not to run a party

Vote green,get ffg policies is the only reasonable conclusion,you can expect people to come to

• Advertisement

Proving my point. Much to do yet they keep committing political suicide so the majority don't take them seriously.
    Nobody is denying that the have achieved something in return for there vote and silence on issues thety are known to be against.
    Result is the image of a party wirh no integrity.

What is your point? you said the other parties already cover what the Greens do. If that is correct then list out the agenda in the Greens manifesto and which other parties already covered it

What is your point? you said the other parties already cover what the Greens do. If that is correct then list out the agenda in the Greens manifesto and which other parties already covered it

I meant the important green/environmental issues are covered by all the other parties.
    The Greens would also be seen as wanting to go to far, hence their vote count I guess.

Greens are only half a party,elected off shinner transfers

They have neither power,nor the clout to force effectively their agenda in government,effectively a lameduck party to prop up ffg....same as labour before them

Lads purporting to support the greens,and seemingly unconcerned about its collaspe in polls and resignations....

Theres a serious rot at the core of that party,who clearly dont want to be pushing through ffg agenda through and no effort has been made to tide it over or hold zoom meetings between leadership and grassroots,its like a lesson in how not to run a party

Vote green,get ffg policies is the only reasonable conclusion,you can expect people to come to

The local elections in 2019, the Greens grew by 37 seats. They have been growing in popularity over the years.

As I posted above, the Greens have already landed the Bord na Mona project. Hardly a lame duck, loads of parties would love to have anything on their CV at all.

I meant the important green/environmental issues are covered by all the other parties.
    The Greens would also be seen as wanting to go to far, hence their vote count I guess.

List out the items in the Greens manifesto in the last election and which other parties covered them. You made the comment so back it up.

List out the items in the Greens manifesto in the last election and which other parties covered them. You made the comment so back it up.

No, not interested in doing that.

Suffice to say, all parties now have a green/environmental policy. If that statement is wrong, then you'll need to show how it is.

• Advertisement

The local elections in 2019, the Greens grew by 37 seats. They have been growing in popularity over the years.

As I posted above, the Greens have already landed the Bord na Mona project. Hardly a lame duck, loads of parties would love to have anything on their CV at all.

They are a lame duck party,there support is collasping as people come to see what they are like

This bord na mona project,which they've rolled back on promises to keep jobs?

https://gript.ie/bord-na-mona-shock-decision-jobs-lost-to-ludicrous-green-policies-says-nolan/

I remember a green election canditdate,on before the election who said that the carbon tax,should fall more on business than on ordinary citizens....when can we see this proposal put through.....come to think of it,didnt they ramp it up for fuel in last budget??

Didnt eamonn ryan want people in rural areas to share a single car per village and cycle in to get it....i live 6 miles from nearest village

How is the green proposal to release wolves in the wicklow mountains going??

Do people really think gowling around installing electric cars and charge points here are going to make a difference,when cities like wuhan has a higher carbon footprint than ireland??

When will the greens push for direct provison reform,this is a black mark on ireland and needs doing asap

When will cannabis be legalised?(this would be a v.popular proposal tbf)

They are a lame duck party,there support is collasping as people come to see what they are like

This bord na mona project,which they've rolled back on promises to keep jobs?

https://gript.ie/bord-na-mona-shock-decision-jobs-lost-to-ludicrous-green-policies-says-nolan/

I remember a green election canditdate,on before the election who said that the carbon tax,should fall more on business than on ordinary citizens....when can we see this proposal put through.....come to think of it,didnt they ramp it up in last budget??

Didnt eamonn ryan want people in rural areas to share a single car per village and cycle in to get it....i live 6 miles from nearest village

How is the green proposal to release wolves in the wicklow mountains going??

Do people really think gowling around installing electric cars and charge points here are going to make a difference,when cities like wuhan has a higher carbon footprint than ireland??

When will the greens push for direct provison reform,this is a black mark on ireland

When will cannabis be legalised?(this would be a v.popular proposal tbf)

Wow, just wow. Do you actually believe all that?
    I will comment on one bit, they didn't ask you to share a single car or buy an electric car(doesn't Ryan drive a diesel?), not that I seen anyway, but you are unable to cycle 6 miles? my kids can handle 6 miles no problem.

No, not interested in doing that.

Suffice to say, all parties now have a green/environmental policy. If that statement is wrong, then you'll need to show how it is.

I could have predicted about 20 posts ago that outcome. Needless to say you know nothing about the Green Party or their agenda.

Wow, just wow. Do you actually believe all that?
    I will comment on one bit, they didn't ask you to share a single car or buy an electric car, but you are unable to cycle 6 miles? my kids can handle 6 miles no problem.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/green-party-leader-calls-for-car-pooling-scheme-for-rural-ireland-1.4046585?mode=amp

mate cycling is no hassle to me,i literally live in county with the mist famous greenway :D....just used it to highlight how outbof touch we reality ryan is

Sure he proposed growing lettuce on window cill to solve food shortages :pac:

I listed out a string of green policies,yous are claiming they are pushing their agenda....when will we see those listed policies enacted??

This one will be a policy winner,nò need for criminalising lads for bit of weed imo

https://www.greenparty.ie/greens-call-for-decriminalisation-of-cannabis/

Heres another doozy,proposing to release wolves and wipe out hill farming in wicklow as a consequence

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/greens-call-for-wolves-to-be-reintroduced-to-ireland-1.4036692?mode=amp

Have they enacted the ban on israeli goods yet (honestly i dunno??)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/proposed-ban-on-israeli-goods-a-sticking-point-in-government-talks-1.4263276?mode=amp

I could have predicted about 20 posts ago that outcome. Needless to say you know nothing about the Green Party or their agenda.

I do. How their policy compares to other parties policy isn't relevant.

I do. How their policy compares to other parties policy isn't relevant.

You said it was relevant, see below
    Exactly. A Green party is kinda redundant now issues are being addressed and all other parties have 'green' manifesto pledges.
    They are redundant and easily cast aside as a result.

You said it was relevant, see below

If you can show other parties have not included green/environmental policy in their manifestoes, that statement is false.
    Otherwise it is true and the point stands. I have already said and you have admitted the Green party have more...so therein lies the point...why implode, crash and burn when there is much to do in their opinion.

It's either stupid/leaderless or there is another reason. The one many suspect = they are just interested in posturing and comfy seats in government and not genuine reform.

If you can show other parties have not included green/environmental policy in their manifestoes, that statement is false.
    Otherwise it is true and the point stands. I have already said and you have admitted the Green party have more...so therein lies the point...why implode, crash and burn when there is much to do in their opinion.

It's either stupid/leaderless or there is another reason. The one many suspect = they are just interested in posturing and comfy seats in government and not genuine reform.

You said the Green are irrelevant because other parties already cover their policies so sorry but you need to prove your point is correct. Please provide a list of the Green policies and which parties already cover them.
    I think the Greens are 100% relevant and their policies as well.

You said the Green are irrelevant because other parties already cover their policies so sorry but you need to prove your point is correct. Please provide a list of the Green policies and which parties already cover them.
    I think the Greens are 100% relevant and their policies as well.

Well vote for them.
    IMO a tedious comparison will only prove what I said. They all have green/environmental policy and the Greens have more.
    Hence they should be building a party not crashing and burning on foot of unwise coalition choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Don't see much to worry about in that.

I have said this before, and I will keep repeating it until people fully understand - the Greens are not interested in just being elected, they want to be in government and to achieve change. If they achieve all the right change and end up with zero seats, they will see that as job well done.

They are not like I4C or PBP who just want a platform to moan and complain, and never actually do anything.

I have to agree with that.

TD's in the likes of I4C or PBP can get re-elected, spouting their 'We want a revolution' mantra every day and telling people what they want to hear, but at the end of the day, they will actually do nothing to effect change.

The Greens are a small part of a larger coalition, and got some big wins in the programme for government, but the idealists, who think the Greens should somehow be allowed to govern as if they won an overall majority are now walking.
    They are better off in PBP...

A part of me is looking forward to the day, the likes of the SD, or SF have to go cap in hand to these other far left parties and try and form a coalition. :D

• Advertisement

They, like any green party anywhere have a ling list of things that need to be achieved .
    A 'win' here and there is not really going to save the planet yet they insist on imploding the party.

So, what exactly do you want the Greens to do?

List out some things that should be achievable from a Green point of view in this government and no, don't spout some high-level bickering nonsense that is par of the course,

Talk actual policy, if you can of course!

markodaly wrote: »

List out some things that should be achievable from a Green point of view in this government and no, don't spout some high-level bickering nonsense that is par of the course,

enact their policies,or at least the vast majority of em?

They are standing on platform of legalising cannabis....legalise it for one

I dont even smoke up,but its obvious to me prohibition is a failure and this is a harmless policy

I have to agree with that.

TD's in the likes of I4C or PBP can get re-elected, spouting their 'We want a revolution' mantra every day and telling people what they want to hear, but at the end of the day, they will actually do nothing to effect change.

The Greens are a small part of a larger coalition, and got some big wins in the programme for government, but the idealists, who think the Greens should somehow be allowed to govern as if they won an overall majority are now walking.
    They are better off in PBP...

A part of me is looking forward to the day, the likes of the SD, or SF have to go cap in hand to these other far left parties and try and form a coalition. :D

That's a nonsense. Opposition has effected plenty of change over the years.

Just ask yourself what FG and FF stood for 20 years ago and how opposition stood for the oppositie.

Serious social and legislative changes in Ireland as a result. Whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

You won't find any of the opposition supporters in any of the policy threads. Why set out a position on something just in case the government brings it in - then you can't oppose it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I'm intrigued by this issue, the leadership seem to go about their daily political lives as if there's nothing to see hear. If any other political party was facing these daily resignations and disquiet there'd be uproar and certainly a lot more questions being asked by journalists. Is as if there's not the slightest concern or interest.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

That's a nonsense. Opposition has effected plenty of change over the years.

Just ask yourself what FG and FF stood for 20 years ago and how opposition stood for the oppositie.

Serious social and legislative changes in Ireland as a result. Whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

Link?

enact their policies,or at least the vast majority of em?

They are standing on platform of legalising cannabis....legalise it for one

I dont even smoke up,but its obvious to me prohibition is a failure and this is a harmless policy

Was that negotiated in the Programme for Government?

If not, then it won't be done.
    If it was, it will be done.

Its quite simple really.

You won't find any of the opposition supporters in any of the policy threads. Why set out a position on something just in case the government brings it in - then you can't oppose it.

Something I am starting to notice.

There is 0 and I mean ZERO policy discussion when it comes to Irish politics.

Its a moan and whinge fest against what 'da government' are doing. If I wanted that, id just go on Facebook and depress myself to find out there are so many stupid people out there.

I would have thought the level of debate in boards.ie would be a little better, but alas, I seem to be disappointed.

Even this thread, the OP is just having a moan at the Greens, giving out about them, yet does not raise one policy point!!
    Hilarious tbh.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    I'm intrigued by this issue, the leadership seem to go about their daily political lives as if there's nothing to see hear. If any other political party was facing these daily resignations and disquiet there'd be uproar and certainly a lot more questions being asked by journalists. Is as if there's not the slightest concern or interest.

Nah, there has been worse in other parties and the leadership has been even less concerned.

• Advertisement

Something I am starting to notice.

There is 0 and I mean ZERO policy discussion when it comes to Irish politics.

Its a moan and whinge fest against what 'da government' are doing. If I wanted that, id just go on Facebook and depress myself to find out there are so many stupid people out there.

I would have thought the level of debate in boards.ie would be a little better, but alas, I seem to be disappointed.

Even this thread, the OP is just having a moan at the Greens, giving out about them, yet does not raise one policy point!!
    Hilarious tbh.

What's your policy Mark. Lay it out.

'Moaning'..no. Wondering aloud what is going on with them, yes.

Advertisement