Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank account not working

Options
  • 25-01-2021 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi My bank account is not working and my bank of Ireland card was declined when tried to buy stuff in a shop and online. I have covid symptoms, and I have underlying health problems. I am scared to go out to the bank. I have no access to my funds which are in my bank account. I have to pay my rent and buy groceries. My bank account is not working, and I was not given any prior warnings and nothing was requested of me before doing so. Please restore my bank account, I have no cash left and I need to pay the rent and buy groceries. PLEASE 

Comments

You have covid symptoms and you were out shopping ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 saj85

You have covid symptoms and you were out shopping ??
    I did not go out, my wife went to do shopping with my bank card. I am not stupid. Thanks for your concern anyway. 

saj85 wrote: »
    Hi My bank account is not working and my bank of Ireland card was declined when I tried to buy stuff in a shop and online. I have covid symptoms, and I have underlying health problems. I am scared to go out to the bank. I have no access to my funds which are in my bank account. I have to pay my rent and buy groceries. My bank account is not working, and I was not given any prior warnings and nothing was requested of me before doing so. Please restore my bank account, I have no cash left and I need to pay the rent and buy groceries. PLEASE 

You have stated in this that YOU tried to buy items in a shop while having covid symptoms. Putting everyone else at risk. No wonder the numbers are as high as they are.

You have stated in this that YOU tried to buy items in a shop while having covid symptoms. Putting everyone else at risk. No wonder the numbers are as high as they are.

Relax keyboard warrior, I am not here to have a fight with you here, if you can not help, please stay out of it
    . I have a genuine issue here and I am trying to get it sorted. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭greasepalm

It is possible to give a partner your card and pin number as we see this in our garage.

If card was inserted into a machine to withdraw money might the wrong pin have been entered?

With so many pin numbers it does happen and after 3 failed logins you have to contact boi.

Send them a pm of details of account so they can check.

All the best in these bad times.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭Physicskid9

Your wife should not be out shopping she should be isolating with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi My bank account is not working and my bank of Ireland card was declined when  tried to buy stuff in a shop and online. I have covid symptoms, and I have underlying health problems. I am scared to go out to the bank. I have no access to my funds which are in my bank account. I have to pay my rent and buy groceries. My bank account is not working, and I was not given any prior warnings and nothing was requested of me before doing so. Please restore my bank account, I have no cash left and I need to pay the rent and buy groceries. PLEASE 
    Hi saj85,

Thanks for your post here on Boards and we are sorry to hear you are unwell.

For help with your card please contact our colleagues in BOI Direct on 0818365365 who are available 9-5 Monday to Friday. For the safety of other customers and our colleagues, please do not visit a branch if you are displaying symptoms of Covid-19. 

Thanks,
    Tara

Hi My bank account is not working and my bank of Ireland card was declined when  tried to buy stuff in a shop and online. I have covid symptoms, and I have underlying health problems. I am scared to go out to the bank. I have no access to my funds which are in my bank account. I have to pay my rent and buy groceries. My bank account is not working, and I was not given any prior warnings and nothing was requested of me before doing so. Please restore my bank account, I have no cash left and I need to pay the rent and buy groceries. PLEASE 
    Hi saj85,

For help with your card please contact our colleagues in BOI Direct on 0818365365 who are available 9-5 Monday to Friday. For the safety of other customers and our colleagues, please do not visit a branch if you are displaying symptoms of Covid-19. 

Thanks,
    Tara
    Hi Tara 

Thanks for your kind reply 
    I am not going outside, I am self isolating and avoiding all contacts. 

I have rang them few times and they have not been able to find out what's wrong and they have not been able to help me with it. It's not just an issue with the bank card, it's the problem with my bank account. Please help me 
    Please send me a direct message so that I can share the details wit
    I need access to my bank account so that I can buy groceries and pay my rent. 

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭Physicskid9

Hi saj85,

Thanks,
    Tara
    Hi Tara 

I have rang them few times and they have not been able to find out what's wrong and they have not been able to help me with it. It's not just an issue with the bank card, it's the problem with my bank account. Please help me 
    You were told to ring the number provided. She is not going to be able to help you through boards direct messages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Tara 

Hi saj85, 

Thanks for getting back to us. We wouldn't have access to check your account here on Boards. Can we ask when you called and did the adviser raise an investigation and say you would receive a call back in relation to this? 

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
Advertisement