Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old card number retrieval?

Options
  • 25-01-2021 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, I need my old debit card number to receive a refund for a flight I had that was cancelled due to COVID-19. I'm not sure if I need to call my specific branch to retrieve this or can I just call the national number? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tenzindrake

sugarman wrote: »
    As long as you haven't closed the account the refund will still go back into your account even though the card has expired. You dont need to do anything.
    Unfortunately the airline wants me to give them the full number even though they have it on record. I obviously destroyed the card when it was expired so I no longer have the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 guy101

Hi, I need my old debit card number to receive a refund for a flight I had that was cancelled due to COVID-19. I'm not sure if I need to call my specific branch to retrieve this or can I just call the national number? Thanks in advance

As far as I know and going by my own cards.
    The long number stays the same. It’s just the expiry and ccv that changes when a card it being replaced due to expiry. The change it if it’s reported lost or stolen.

Another thing to try is your phone. Haven’t a clue about Android but on iPhone if you go into settings and then safari then into AutoFill. There’s a bit in there containing saved cards. It shows the full number.

Hope this helps!

guy101 wrote: »
    As far as I know and going by my own cards.
    The long number stays the same. It’s just the expiry and ccv that changes when a card it being replaced due to expiry. The change it if it’s reported lost or stolen.

Another thing to try is your phone. Haven’t a clue about Android but on iPhone if you go into settings and then safari then into AutoFill. There’s a bit in there containing saved cards. It shows the full number.

Hope this helps!

Ah I didn't know the number stays the same but I'm certain I requested a new one because the old one didn't have contactless so it's a different number. And I don't save numbers online so can't check that unfortunately thanks anyway

sugarman wrote: »
    Ahh ok, I would say to contact your branch where you have the account in that case.

Could you not login into the airlines website or wherever you booked it and view it there anyway? Or maybe on another website you may have it saved like Amazon, eBay or PayPal?

Amazon is the only option I have and it only shows the last 4 numbers so I'll call the branch tomorrow, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi tenzindrake,

Thanks for your post. 

The company shouldn't require you to provide the card details as they should have this information on file however, if your existing card is a replacement one the card number should be the same.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement

Hi tenzindrake,

Thanks for your post. 

The company shouldn't require you to provide the card details as they should have this information on file however, if your existing card is a replacement one the card number should be the same.

Thanks
    Tara

The card number is definitely not the same, maybe I reported it lost and so the number was changed but the company is demanding I give them the number regardless of the fact they have it on file. The company is WestJet, a Canadian airline if that makes any difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

The card number is definitely not the same, maybe I reported it lost and so the number was changed but the company is demanding I give them the number regardless of the fact they have it on file. The company is WestJet, a Canadian airline if that makes any difference.
    Thanks for getting back to us tenzindrake. If you send a request through Send us a Message on the Services tab when logged on to your account one of my colleagues will be happy to retrieve this information and get back to you. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement