Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXII-215,743 ROI (4,137 deaths)111,166 NI (2,036 deaths)(22/02)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Bambi wrote: »
    Well, India do but there may be other factors, like the prevalence of typhoid and TB which might make immune systems more robust.

Hate to break it to you......Hardly comparable now is it?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-55410547

There was that guy who kitesurfed there to meet his girlfriend a few months ago and I think was jailed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭JoChervil

froog wrote: »
    global cases continue to fall quite dramatically. what exactly is going on?

541737.JPG

I know I will be "eaten alive" after saying that, but astrologers all over the world believed that this pandemic was caused by Jupiter Pluto conjunction in Capricorn, sign of seniors. There were three conjunctions. On the 4th April, 29th June (but this time both planets were retrograde) and the last one on November 13th. So now it will all fizzle out without vaccine. Since January 12th both planets are in different signs now and more then 10 degrees apart, so this energy is fading.

But the next Jupiter Pluto conjunction will be in 12 years but this time in Aquarius, sign of young people, mainly teenagers. So it would be good to figure out how to fight it then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Malcomex

JoChervil wrote: »
    I know I will be "eaten alive" after saying that, but astrologers all over the world believed that this pandemic was caused by Jupiter Pluto conjunction in Capricorn, sign of seniors. There were three conjunctions. On the 4th April, 29th June (but this time both planets were retrograde) and the last one on November 13th. So now it will all fizzle out without vaccine. Since January 12th both planets are in different signs now and more then 10 degrees apart, so this energy is fading.

But the next Jupiter Pluto conjunction will be in 12 years but this time in Aquarius, sign of young people, mainly teenagers. So it would be good to figure out how to fight it then.

There's a lot of this today..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

There was that guy who kitesurfed there to meet his girlfriend a few months ago and I think was jailed

Jet skied i think but was jailed alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Kalyke

What now??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

How do you know this stuff. Are you a space cadet?

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Cool story bro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Sure beats hands down most of the conspiracy theories I've heard...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

ZX7R wrote: »

I think the same thing happened when the 3 wise men followed the Star (not the newspaper).. was there an outbreak of pestilence back then :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

ZX7R wrote: »

Imagine if in 12 years time there is a deadly disease effecting young people because of the conjuncture. Scary ****. It reminds me of watching unsolved mysteries when I was 10. :eek:

Arduach wrote: »
    I think the same thing happened when the 3 wise men followed the Star (not the newspaper).. was there an outbreak of pestilence back then :p

Covid religion, that is a scary thought

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Maybe we should give Fergus Gibson a chair in NPHET.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

I would have thought that astrologers would have a bit of cop on . I'm sure they know the planets are over 4 billion years old. Astrology is about 2500.
    That would be an awful lot of conjuctions.:D

Imagine if in 12 years time there is a deadly disease effecting young people because of the conjuncture. Scary ****. It reminds me of watching unsolved mysteries when I was 10. :eek:

My kids will be in their early twenties by then one less thing to worry about ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

1062 cases
    10 deaths

Caveat, I thought better of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,661 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

This brightened up my day

• Registered Users Posts: 15,149 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I just wish we had access to texts from the Long Fellow to the Big Fella 100 years ago or Winston Churchill on Twitter during the Battle of Britain after his nightly bottle of Johnnie Walker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Based on their new swabbing procedure the Chinese now believe it was actually caused by Uranus

• Registered Users Posts: 14,542 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

A bit of concern from Nolan that numbers could be plateauing - not a certainty, but something to watched closely over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    1062 cases
    10 deaths

7 day average 1244. 22 days in a row the 7 day average has been falling.

Test positivity 15% in community outside serial testing according to Nolan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

I never want to hear the word plateau again after this is all over.

:'^(

Eod100 wrote: »
    Test sensitivity 15% in community outside serial testing according to Nolan.
    Positivity?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Test sensitivity 15% in community outside serial testing according to Nolan.

They always find new ways

is_that_so wrote: »
    Positivity?

Yes, edited there.

Yes, edited there.

That could be your answer on contacts so!

• Advertisement

I sent an email last night to Professor Nolan and it appears to have made an impact.

Here is exactly what I sent:
    Hi Professor Nolan,

Can I just please encourage you not to spend 20-25 minutes droning on about the minutiae of the week's COVID-19 data. During your part of the presentation, we only want the hardcore facts - which can be listed in fewer than 5-minutes.

All other data can be made available online.

You are holding up the briefings with these needlessly long and endlessly boring half-length lectures about the data.

But at briefings, you should BRIEFLY present the relevant major details. Journalists can ask you specific questions if they wish.

Furthermore, please speak about the issues with some additional energy or charisma.

Thank you,

He didn't produce the energy, but at least his initial briefing was much shorter than normal.

So it appears my email may have had some positive impact.

Happy to see that Professor Nolan has taken my advice on board - reducing his speech from an average length of around 22-minutes to today's briefing lecture of 6-minutes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement